Im 20 and never had a girlfriend in my life. Is this bad?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm 21 and have only had 1, and she was ******* NUTS. Trust me, you don't want a gf unless she is really the right one. Relationships are a pain in the ass. Too many people think being in a relationship in and of itself is of utmost importance. It's not, your better off on your own until the person for you comes along and eventually they will. They'll recognize you for who you are and love you despite all your glorious problems. Peace brotha.

faven said:
HI, so after yet another failed attempt at talking to a girl i totally lost it and went online to google if someone had the same problem as me... so thats why im here..

All my life ive been a shy person and bad at talking to girls but during my gradeschool i hanged out with them alot, i even had my first makeout session back than (altho it was in 3rd or 4th grade lol) and i almost had a relationship in 8th grade (the girl was using me and went for another guy)

Today im 23 and havent had a single female friend, girlfriend, not even a date with a girl since 8th grade.

Im an outgoing person, athletic and fun yet girls dont seem to show me any attention AT ALL, they dont even try to talk to me, approach me and if they do look at me its just like they look right past me/through me..... wtf.

I think im just one of those unlucky guys because when i do manage to finally get a interesting girl to talk to me (happens maybe 1x a year) it turns out she already has a boyfriend and that ends at that. Often when i see a girl and set my eyes on her i notice she has a boyfriend even before i can start talking to her.

Thats just one part of the problem tho, for me personally, from the moment i start talking to a girl and until i feel totally comfortable around her i just get so nervous and dont know what the hell to talk about and what to say next - ive tried countless things all from being myself, someone else, confident, funny nothing seems to help my situation.

Im sick and tired of seeing couples holding hands, kissing/making out, having a nice talk infront of me. - sorry for that i just HAD TO VENT :)

Well my friend, it seems that you have to go NATO on these chick's relationships as most girls are total biatches. Yes it seems vil, but all is fair in love and war, just try what this guy did, it works all the time, LOL:

But seriously, if u get girls who already have BFs, split their relationship up as she is cclearly having problems in her relationship and wants to get out but is scared to do so. Also, she might want to see if u are the one to get her heart!!! I almost did that with one guy's gf at my local bar last semesster as they were arguing and i started to hit on his girl and literally went all NATO on it. The next thing I knew, the guy went taliban on her as she never came to the pub with her as he knew what i would have did with her that day :D !!!

As they always say, all is fair in love and war!!!:D:cool:
:club:

See the picture in attachment please.

This man is known as Gambler in the PUA world.

By 21,he was a virgin and only kissed one girl by then. By 25,he only had sex to one girl and kissed two,that girl in the pic being his gf for two years,with him settling for her,without actually being into her.

Cut to now,he's 28 and he is considered one of the best PUAs around.

I can't give my example,but I can give his,and he's doing great now. Same may happen to some of you,everybody is completely different from who he/she was 4/5 years ago...

Attachments

• Gambler.jpg
    Gambler.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 38
Harris said:
But seriously, if u get girls who already have BFs, split their relationship up as she is cclearly having problems in her relationship and wants to get out but is scared to do so. Also, she might want to see if u are the one to get her heart!!! I almost did that with one guy's gf at my local bar last semesster as they were arguing and i started to hit on his girl and literally went all NATO on it. The next thing I knew, the guy went taliban on her as she never came to the pub with her as he knew what i would have did with her that day :D !!!

Eh?

This sounds like a good way to get a free ride in an ambulance, I think you were lucky the guy was more focussed on the girl than you :club:

If I was having an unfortunate argument with my girl and some guy swaggered over and just started hitting on her there'd be a pretty high chance of me punching the hell out of him before the night was through.

Provided he wasn't 9 foot tall and full of steroids anyway, in which case he could have the girl :D

If someone is being abused by their partner and you're helping them out of that relationship, fair enough, but going round breaking up relationships just because a girl is talking to you or arguing with her partner will quickly get you labelled as a dick and/or put onto the floor with considerably less teeth than you started with :rolleyes:

Where do I sign?

I'm 22 and the closest I've had is some online relationship with a girl in America but in terms of real face-to-face relationships then it's a big fat ZERO for me.

Don't feel bad. Some things just take time. Sometimes I get pretty frustrated by the whole thing. Other times, I just keep calm and try to remind myself to have faith that something'll work out in the end for me, and just focus on bettering myself as a person for when that times comes, whether it be sooner or later. But we're still young after all. If it's any consolation, my older brother seemed like he was never going to find a girlfriend. We all thought he was a lost cause but at 23 he met someone at his work and now the two of them are married and have three kids. So if there's hope for my brother, there's hope for anyone ;)

20? I don't see any biggie with that. I'm 25 and have had none, but a couple of childhood play-friend; nothing more. I guess something just keeps telling me I'm not ready for one. Besides, I don't wish to involve myself with any sexual activity for now; I don't trust my feeling with ladies.

Yeah, I may be shy, but I'm the kind of guy that can walk up to a lady and get a number and everything. Besides, I find my mind shifting from a girl to another; maybe the love isn't just there yet.

Lonely Boy from OZ said:
Well... I didn't want to be into the whole feeling sorry for myself thing again, but maybe I need to express this.

I am 20 yrs old and I have never had a girlfriend. Most women on this planet seem to dislike me :(. I have experienced cruelty from women since grade school and it still happens occasionally... mostly in comes in rude remarks or basic body language.

I'm a shy person, which doesn't help and I have no luck. All my friends, two of which i believe are as shy as I, have had unbelievable luck.. women seemed to come to them. Besides there just doesn't seem to be anybody who is for me out there.

First off, nope, not unusual.

Check out sites of pick up artists and seduction artists. A good amount of them will admit they didn't have a girlfriend in their teens, sometimes their 20s. Many didn't have sex until their mid-20s. And yet they became very successful despite that. Maybe because of that.

As for assuming that women react to you rudely: Do you think you may be projecting? Whatever you have focused on your mind is what you're most likely to find true in the real world. If you are focused on how SOME women have behaved badly to you in the past, then you're going to automatically look for it in almost any women you meet in the present and future. I tend to think a lot of that supposed rude body language was just misinterpretation.

If you're "having bad luck" well, better go make some good luck! Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes: "I'm a firm believer in luck. I find the harder I work, the luckier I get." That's the secret: make your own luck.

Good luck. ;)

not long turned 20, closest thing was a good friend who told me her feelings after she had moved to another country which turned into a distant relationship for 9months, went to finally see her again and she ditches me for a quick fling as she couldnt wait...

so no contact sexually for me :(

i'v learned to deal with it and vent to a friend or get distracted but nights and the dreaded day... valintines... really put you in a downer

i dont have hope i'll find someone as "hope is the first step on the road to dissapointment" warhammer 40k quote right there :p

so my advice is to stop hoping and start doing, i get rejected quite often but i TRY, and thats what counts :D
bit of OCD, bad eczema and lazyness hasnt stopped me trying, hasnt helped me in the attractive department but i'm still trying to make what i want happen!

on a side not, it isnt to asking for to much to just want someone who's got a good common sense, internally attractive (not a *****, isnt shallow, yadda yadda) and actually wants to care is it? cause its annoying how i cant get someone then have someone say "lower your standards your aiming to high", got that 3 weeks ago cause the person i thought was nice had a problem with using hygene... i did try to suggest i like the scent of certain fruit in hopes to get her to use it as an excuse to wash but nope, so that wasnt going no-where (i have a big dislike for bad smells :p )

TheSolitaryMan said:
faven said:
I think im just one of those unlucky guys because when i do manage to finally get a interesting girl to talk to me (happens maybe 1x a year) it turns out she already has a boyfriend and that ends at that. Often when i see a girl and set my eyes on her i notice she has a boyfriend even before i can start talking to her.

Im sick and tired of seeing couples holding hands, kissing/making out, having a nice talk infront of me. - sorry for that i just HAD TO VENT :)

I know the feeling man. Especially that last bit. It's like you're dying of starvation, but everyone is unknowingly dangling prime fillet steak in front of you :rolleyes:

I was on a day trip out the other day, finally happy that I could just do something fun without thinking about my singleness. Sat on a bench at a museum exhibit, this couple pretty much exactly my age (a guy much more handsome than me and a very sweet girl) just came in and sat literally right next to me on the same bench.

They then proceeded to snuggle up and kiss one another for like 10 minutes until I left the room. Epic sigh :(

I think it has a lot to do with luck. I seem to be the same in that I attract females who seem to send a bunch of signals then suddenly decide that they're too busy for a relationship or something, or girls that already have BFs and so on.

To be honest, sometimes I feel like giving it all up and just living in a shack in a forest somewhere. Or maybe underneath a bridge, preying on unwary goats for food :D

LOL, I have the same problem comming up, I am currently in love with this girl in one of my classes (who is mixed native, kinda looks persian) but the problem is that she is 7 years older than me and has a 3 year old son (-_-). Like seriously, it is as if the guys who get gfs carry an AK-47 in their backpack and force them to be their girlfriend. They then probably proceed to wean the girl like how you would to a wild horse!!!!
FTW!!!! :club:

harris_corp_logo_square.jpeg

TheSolitaryMan said:
Harris said:

Eh?

This sounds like a good way to get a free ride in an ambulance, I think you were lucky the guy was more focussed on the girl than you :club:

If I was having an unfortunate argument with my girl and some guy swaggered over and just started hitting on her there'd be a pretty high chance of me punching the hell out of him before the night was through.

Provided he wasn't 9 foot tall and full of steroids anyway, in which case he could have the girl :D

If someone is being abused by their partner and you're helping them out of that relationship, fair enough, but going round breaking up relationships just because a girl is talking to you or arguing with her partner will quickly get you labelled as a dick and/or put onto the floor with considerably less teeth than you started with :rolleyes:

Well, not necessarily as I have some military training and have buddies who are in the Canadian Army, so if a guy fucks with me, they would fresia with a platoon!!!

Hey guys! I’m 20 and I have never had a gf yet too. I live in a small town in the eastern Ukraine. So... I’m feeling very lonely inside my soul. I almost have no friends. That f*ckin depression kills me. Everything makes no sense for me anymore. Please, give me some advice how to change something in me and to live full life.

27 and never had a girlfriend also.
Not even a kiss,just holding hands.I tried to be true to myself all these years,but it never helped me to have girlfriend.And i am even living in the capital city.Sometimes i get depressed about it.

I read a statistic the other day that said 85% of people have kissed by the time they're 16. 48% of teens surveyed said they had gone as far as oral sex by that age too.

It didn't please me :(

Also NewLeaf, I'm sorry to hear that, I imagine if you're anything like me that gets to you sometimes?

Perhaps you need to get "out there" more? I'm sure there must be someone out there for you even if you've been unlucky enough not to find them yet.

TheSolitaryMan said:
Perhaps you need to get "out there" more? I'm sure there must be someone out there for you even if you've been unlucky enough not to find them yet.

bUT at 56 ? unless she is a typical young leech just wanting me to pay her college education or buy her clothes, typical women.

I'm 22 and in the same situation as you. Also a virgin. Personally, nothing p*sses me off more than being told that there's someone out there. It might be true, and if that helps you cope, go for it. All I can suggest is keep on truckin'. There are more of us than you might think, evidenced in the responses to this thread.

Chin up.

TelegramSam said:
I'm 22 and in the same situation as you. Also a virgin. Personally, nothing p*sses me off more than being told that there's someone out there. It might be true, and if that helps you cope, go for it. All I can suggest is keep on truckin'. There are more of us than you might think, evidenced in the responses to this thread. It might also help to think that in a way you're more independent than other people. Also the fact that many wise men have had some of their most insightful revelations when sunk in solitude.

Either way, chin up.

Latest posts

Back