I'm 25, no luck so far. Is it too late?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jj983 said:
I'm a little bit older than you, but not that much. My first actual relationship wasn't until I was 28 and it was something that was pretty clear it wouldn't last from the start (she had 15 years on me, and was really not in a great place in life), though we stayed together about 10 months. It wasn't for another couple years that I found myself in another one, which also didn't last, and taught me some unpleasant things about myself, but I kept putting myself out there as best I could. Just keep your head up and keep at it. You'll find someone, probably where you least expect it.

I don't really like the "when you least expect it" thing. I think it's a way to feel worse and kind sets you up for failure. I think actually searching is kind of the key to it. Effort really goes a good way and yes you kind of have to play games with them, but it would help a little bit. You just play the games until you feel you don't need them anymore. Personally, I think if you got a few short term ones is a good leap forward.

Everyone, at some point, that felt alone at some point and look to someone else for company. I'm kind of in that same boat. You feel if you need that one person to change your life's direction. I kind of have no friends, therefore I am lonely and want to look for someone to alleviate that. At this point, I will be happy with anyone that I can get. I'm almost 21 to add to that and one of my biggest fear is getting my first real girlfriend when I reach my 30's. So I'm making every effort that I can so that would never come to reality. In the end I don't really care if most of them are short term or long term, just as long as I have somebody.

Latest posts

Back