I'M A FREAK!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a woman in the town I live in who met someone on the internet and packed up and left to be with him. She has 40 year old children. If she can do it, anyone can. Getting older doesn't matter in the grand scheme of getting with someone. There are just as many older lonely people as there are younger. Probably more actually.

I'm married, and I know a lot of other married people. Half of them are currently in divorce proceedings. The ones that aren't are not much happier. It's not all sunshine and roses. There is nothing more misleading that the "honeymoon" phase of a relationship. It's so great for awhile. It doesn't last. I love my husband but it's not perfect. Loving and being "in love" are two very different things.

Instead of killing yourself, become independent and leave home. It may be hard but it can't be harder than dying. You have no idea what will happen if you do that, you may not be any better off. More than likely you'll be much much worse off. A life awaits if you're brave enough to strive for it. No one can change your life but you. It all depends on you, you have to help yourself. If you won't you've let your life pass you by :(

I was trying to tell you it can totally suck sometimes and often isn't worth wishing for. If you act like this on a regular basis, you might be driving people away. Which can't help your troubles, can it? I'll leave you alone now, I can tell when my opinion won't matter no matter what I say. I wish you well, and good luck. Suicide is not the answer to anything, anyone will tell you that unless they are "there" themselves.

Just because your married doesn't mean your happy or that you dont feel alone. Two can be just as lonely as one. Your not a freak this isn't the 1800s were you only live until age 30 or 40 if your lucky. I know a lady thats a doctor and kind of odd she has ADHD and is all over the place. She was single until she was about 43she had her first kid at 45. Life can start and end at anytime you are your own person there is no time line that you need to follow. You create your own timeline.

I knew a guy that was 40 years old and never had a relationship...never even so much as KISSED a girl in his life. Yes, this can make one feel alone at times, but he rarely let it get him down. He lived life happy and he died happy. He had friends and he had family and that (most of the time) was enough for him.

I only skimmed through the replies in here, but what have you done to change the fact that you've never had a relationship? Have you tried dating sites, going out and meeting new people, getting out of your comfort zone and enjoying life so others will see you can be a fun person and want to get to know you better?
I also agree with the people that say being a freak is not a bad thing. We are ALL "freaks" in some way.

Life isn't about what you DON'T have. Life is about accepting what you DO have and making the best of the situation. Life is what you make it. Rarely does life give you everything you want, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't fight for what you want.

^ Good advice.

I think what is hard for a lot of people is realizing that relationships aren't what makes you valuable. It's the people who are in your life, your morals, and your life skills that make you valuable.

I can't believe that a woman can't get a man if she really wanted. The only way I'd see this as possible is if she is too picky.

Vladimir Putin said:
I can't believe that a woman can't get a man if she really wanted. The only way I'd see this as possible is if she is too picky.

Subversive women aren't always accepted, socially awkward ones are misunderstood just as much as their male counterparts, materialistic women are rejected by some romantic men of integrity and (subjectively) unattractive women are rejected by men who only care about culturally-agreed upon looks. Your belief sounds a bit sheltered to be honest.

Latest posts

Back