I'm a minority loser

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Solus11

Hi, I'm new

I wanna make this post short and simple with clear details. I have a sad story, but I'm still hanging on.

I'm an asian man born in Philippines. When I was a child, nobody wants to hold me except my parents, maybe because I'm ugly. I grew up there for 11 years and moved here in United States at the age of 12. Here's the drama, I did have friends in Philippines but they were not real friends. I had to give em treats just to stay cool with them. After 11 years my mom got married to an American man because my biological father is an ******* plus he is actually my mom's cousin ewwwww.....!!!!!!. After that, I moved here in U.S. However, I had a hard time making friends and in middle school and high school. I wasn't able to get a girl friend. My grades are low and I couldn't learn well. I became depressed andSo I decided, to lift weights and do some makeovers because I think I'm ugly.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am now 24 years old and majoring in Accounting. However, my grades are low. I suck at studying. I am not intelligent. I keep repeating classes and couldn't make any friends. I know beauty itself can't get you friends and girls friends. It's also about personality. How should I act around people? what personality should I have? I cannot change myself...I want to be who I am. I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs. I am not that person. I'm not a cool kid, but I'm a nice person. I am unsatisfied with my life, I'm thinking about getting nose uplift so I can be an attractive person. Everything is the same, no girl friends!!!! They reject me!!!! I am such a loser....What is my purpose in this world? For God's sake, it's been 24 years and still lonely!!!!!???

I am lonely, I have no girl friend, no friends, I'm not intelligent, I have a crappy job, and I'm ugly. Thank you for reading this

Solus11 said:
Hi, I'm new

I wanna make this post short and simple with clear details. I have a sad story, but I'm still hanging on.

I'm an asian man born in Philippines. When I was a child, nobody wants to hold me except my parents, maybe because I'm ugly. I grew up there for 11 years and moved here in United States at the age of 12. Here's the drama, I did have friends in Philippines but they were not real friends. I had to give em treats just to stay cool with them. After 11 years my mom got married to an American man because my biological father is an ******* plus he is actually my mom's cousin ewwwww.....!!!!!!. After that, I moved here in U.S. However, I had a hard time making friends and in middle school and high school. I wasn't able to get a girl friend. My grades are low and I couldn't learn well. I became depressed andSo I decided, to lift weights and do some makeovers because I think I'm ugly.

I am now 24 years old and majoring in Accounting. However, my grades are low. I suck at studying. I am not intelligent. I keep repeating classes and couldn't make any friends. I know beauty itself can't get you friends and girls friends. It's also about personality. How should I act around people? what personality should I have? I cannot change myself...I want to be who I am. I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs. I am not that person. I'm not a cool kid, but I'm a nice person. I am unsatisfied with my life, I'm thinking about getting nose uplift so I can be an attractive person. Everything is the same, no girl friends!!!! They reject me!!!! I am such a loser....What is my purpose in this world? For God's sake, it's been 24 years and still lonely!!!!!???

I am lonely, I have no girl friend, no friends, I'm not intelligent, I have a crappy job, and I'm ugly. Thank you for reading this

Hi and welcome to the forums, Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure you'll find people around here to comfort you. Just don't give up.

I'm so sorry that life has been so rough for you. However, I just wanna shake you when you say you are "ugly," "stupid," or "minority loser!" Don't ever say those words again! I can kinda empathize with your difficult transition because I sorta experienced some of that growing up. I was born here, but some people treated me like honeysuckle because of my ethnicity (Indian/middle eastern). There are actually a lot of things we have in common! The fake friends who used us both- screw them! You left them behind and so did I. You keep saying you're not intelligent because your grades are low... remember the Mark Twain quote, "I never let my schooling interfere with my education." Not everyone is cut out for academics! I personally hate standardized education- when I had a 4.0 throughout my younger years, I was no more intelligent, OR happier, than I am now (when I don't really care). You sound like an intelligent guy and you definitely have a unique experience and cultural education, having lived in the Philippines. It takes a long while to get accustomed to the U.S. system, especially since you came here at a later age. I think it is fantastic that you don't drink, smoke, do drugs, and that you exercise. If doing drugs/smoking etc. makes one a "cool kid," screw popularity. You deserve better than that. It sounds like you have pretty low self-esteem. That is something that I struggled with and still am trying to overcome. I don't know what it is about being from a different country and moving to America, but a LOT of foreign-born or even children of immigrants have had unsubstantiated low self-esteem and body image issues! I'm admitting this here for the first time, but I actually got surgery on my nose a few months ago. I strongly discourage you from looking to vanity to help you make friends or fit in. Sure, my nose is straight now and more aesthetically pleasing, but it hasn't changed my life or my social status. I didn't expect it to, and neither should you- I did it for myself only, and I even kinda regret spending that much money and risking my life (under anesthesia) for a two inch portion of my face. For your loneliness, you came to the right place! I'm not exactly a veteran here, but I have found much comfort in knowing that there are other people out there who understand me. As for school and not being happy with your life, maybe take some time off and think about what you want from life. Maybe accounting isn't for you- who cares if someone thinks its the only meaningful job you can do. I come from a family of doctors, but I gave the big F U to premed after two years of suffering in college. As for making friends/girlfriends, I think the biggest thing you can do is to accept yourself first. Have you ever noticed how confident people, no matter how "ugly" or whatever, tend to attract people? You gotta quit being so **** harsh on yourself- we are our own worst enemies and critics. I don't even know you well, but I already have a more favorable impression of you than you have of yourself! If you have nowhere else to turn, look for support here. I got your back man :). Take care, leave the past behind, and go forth and conquer!

Welcome to the site, Solus. Sorry to hear all of that. Of course everyone wants to be who they are, there's security in that. Don't be afraid to take some risks. What kind of things do you enjoy doing?

Hi Solus11, Fist of all I would not call you a loser. You don't do drugs even though a lot of ppl give in to the temptashon thinking they well make things better. You do keep trying and refuse to just set there doing nothing when your not happy about something like the way you look. I mean it takes a lot of motivation to get up and start working out when you are feeling down. I can not comment on the way you look as I have never seen you. The only guy I know that wonted a knows job I would say he did not need it.

Now failing subjects at school is something I do know about. I for years why I was at school thought as myself as stupid. And academically in societies way of looking at it I am. But you have a lot of successful ppl in the world that have failed scholl/college.

It dose not mean you well not go on to make a success of yourself. You already just from the one post come across as a hardworking person. There for you well do well for yourself. Don't be so hard on yourself and learn to give your self a break.

As for girls. I would say if a girl doesnt entertain you based just on your looks then shes not worth it anyway. If your a nice guy and you get your self out there mingling as it where you well meet someone.

Of course if your laking in confidence cos you think your look ugly then if the knows job well give you the confidence then go for it. I have known a lot of my mates who I would not consider to be good looking but yet they never have any problems in getting a girl. Why? cos they have the confidence to go over and start talking and in a way that's like how could you not wont me. Cocky I know but it dose work. I have seen it works many times. For them anyway lool

Oh and BTW welcome here and this should be moved to the new members forum. (mods) ;)

Thanks for replying and it gave me a little ease. However, I was overconfident today. I had a group presentation today and i was nervous, i keep pausing. I like this girl in my group and told her "I was nervous because I'm worrying to say I love you". Boink!!!!!!, she now ignores my calls. Anyway, the rejection doesn't affect me. I was retard to her anyway and she didn't like it. Anyway, I learned my lesson to be myself but I'm still thinking about a nose job. I have a strong sense of smell that nose job will probably boost my confidence.

Oh boy, I was acting too liberal to her. What I can do for now is accept many rejections as many as possible to be immune. Come out of the dark and face the reality.

I'm beginning to understand rejection it's just a science. It seems everything is a system. I'm just a guy trying to break the system.

She's like a software and you're a hardware. She is not compatible because she can't be installed. You are a hardware that isn't our data base.

Or something like,

You are qualified for the job but we will not hire you because you are over qualified. In fact, we will hire someone else who isn't too qualified as you are. If the person turns be the f up, we will call you to piss you off and to inform you that you are still not the right one. In fact, We will call someone else who is isn't over qualified for this job.

I must confess to all of you. I like caucasian girls. I'm not into asian women. I am very ashamed. Once again, I'm just a guy trying to break the system.

haha lol I like you :D

Love how you put all that. Enjoyed reading that very much just to let you know.

And by the way there is nothing wrong with liking Caucasian girls even though you may be Asian. I am Caucasian but I think chinese girls are totally hot ;)

You must be able to speak Filipino? In my book, anybody that can speak two or more languages is intelligent, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. How about working as a translator or something? I think it'd be a great career to translate for people and it could take you all over the world too. Get your life in order and the women will follow. I'm ugly myself, but I've attracted good looking women in the past. Believe it or not, not all women go for looks.

im exact same position as you, only that i moved here to US when i was 13 from taiwan. which is horrible. i went to a boarding school a year before i moved here. therefore i have absolutly no friends at all from taiwan, and no real friends in US. im only 20 however. i have no job, not going to school, never had a real girlfriend. rarely see my "friends". being asian sucks socially sometimes because of the ethnicity. and im shy at times..... many people are in the same shitboat as you. and im glad i read some of those peoples post. keep strong. we all should.

Solus11 said:
Hi, I'm new

Solus11 said:

You seem fairly intelligent to me. If you're unhappy with your job, I'd suggest finding a new one. It's easier to do when you're relatively young. As you get older and you've had the same job for forever it becomes more difficult to change things. It could also help you meet new people.

I agree in that what job you do or don't do as the case may be can make a real difference in the ppl you meet.

In the fist 2 years of me leaving school I was never with out a girl. meet all of them from work. Then I have to finish work and never really been in any seres relationship since. And I have made very few friends since as well. I would say what job you do matters a lot.

BTW welcomeback Just lost. Hope things are not going to bad for yourself.

Latest posts

Back