I'm lonely because I feel like a burden to people

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I can't remember the name of his meds but I'll check with him and get back to you on that. But he did mention that there are different types given to people with social anxiety and the thing with doctors who prescribe them, is that they will find a suitable one for you if one doesn't work. So it's kinda like they follow up with the effects of the drug they give you? So not everyone can go with the same type, they'll put you on a suitable one.

Well, with every drug one takes, there are always side effects and it's really personalised cos it depends on how your body takes it. I've heard that for some, it makes them hyper, some it makes them tired or they sweat more etc etc. I'm not sure if it gives other internal side effects that may affect other things like increasing or decreasing one's sexual drive. I think you can do a bit of research with the different types of common meds for social anxiety and their side effects. Can't always just trust the doctor really. Gotta have your homework done to be sure you're not fooled. There's a lot you can find on Google about this.

I hope it's a good first step for you too. If it's not, I'm sure your psychologist will tweak the prescriptions to you according to your needs. That said - I'm not one who would support this because I've never been in huge support of modern drugs and medicine or even traditional stuff. I'm more of the let it heal or get better on its own but having to battle health issues makes me reliant on meds so I feel the differences and well, as much as I'd hate to advocate it, I would say it helps but I'm sure that there are the pros and cons to it as well - like everything else. Pros should at least outweigh the cons.

Will get back to you on what the meds are called. Hang in there, dude. Keep your chin up.

Latest posts

Back