Imagine the person in your life you most admire...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnaert

Reaction score
Now imagine that person suddenly cutting you out of their life. No warning or explanation. You think, "what did I do wrong"? Nothing, you can't think of anything you could have done or said to provoke this. This happened to me in the past few days. To top it off I've been dealing with a lot of stress. My body is having a total meltdown, which already was depressing me. I've had the best year of my life. Finally feeling good about myself. I was almost numb, I couldn't be brought down by anything. I couldn't even cry. This happens out of nowhere & suddenly everything comes crashing down. I had the worst panic attack ever. I had to go to hospital, it was so bad. In there I cried. The feelings of not being good enough have crept back in. Why? What am I doing wrong?

Are you sure that this person cut you off completely? I really hope not, and honestly that's horrible if they did when you look up to them so much. Do they know how you feel about them? If not, maybe you should tell them how much they mean to you. Sometimes people need to just hear it for whatever reason..maybe they thought otherwise. I can't guarentee that it will work, but listen to this... if they were such a wonderful person and someone to look up to..they wouldn't be ditching you like this. Real friends just don't do this without an explanation of why, and for a good reason. Perhaps it is something on their end bothering them in life? I hope that maybe things will work out with you and your friend.

I felt cut out by one of my long distant friends. Her life really changed, leaving me feeling removed from her life. Though nothing was officially said, I felt the distance. I was feeling very sad about it. Then one day got an email from her saying how much she misses me and wishes we worked harder to make time for each other.

Not to say your situation is at all like mine, but I thought it was all her pulling away then realized I wasn't doing all I could be doing to keep the bond either.

Okiedokes said:
Perhaps it is something on their end bothering them in life? I hope that maybe things will work out with you and your friend.

I was thinking the same thing. When you get the chance you should talk to them. Not to see if you did something wrong but to see if everything is alright with them.

From personal experience the worst thing you can do is make it about yourself. I had a friend who was always like that. If I wasn't very talkative she always asked if she did something wrong, not if everything was alright with me. It was always about her. If they don't tell you anything another approach is to ask if "we're okay". I've found that a better approach than asking "did I do something wrong".

Arnaert said:
Now imagine that person suddenly cutting you out of their life. No warning or explanation. You think, "what did I do wrong"? Nothing, you can't think of anything you could have done or said to provoke this. This happened to me in the past few days. To top it off I've been dealing with a lot of stress. My body is having a total meltdown, which already was depressing me. I've had the best year of my life. Finally feeling good about myself. I was almost numb, I couldn't be brought down by anything. I couldn't even cry. This happens out of nowhere & suddenly everything comes crashing down. I had the worst panic attack ever. I had to go to hospital, it was so bad. In there I cried. The feelings of not being good enough have crept back in. Why? What am I doing wrong?

This happens to everyone at least few times in your life. Sometimes even though you may be feeling it, the other person may not share the same feelings or they may not be ready to commit. Could be a number of things. But don't ever blame yourself!! Take everything bad that happens to you in life as a learning experience, and you will know how to handle your next relationship much better.

I have never admired anyone, so I can't pretend to know exactly what you're feeling.

I did have a friend once who cut me off after knowing each other for about 20 years, simply because my depressive condition was getting worse and I wasn't fun to be around any more (this is not me speculating, this is what she actually told me). The way I dealt with this was, when she tried to come back a little later after I was feeling better, I told her to fresia off and never contact me again. Kind of crude, but satisfying because for once I was in control and telling someone they weren't good enough for me, rather than the other way round.

You aren't doing anything wrong. Nobody on earth is guaranteed an easy ride through life. You could be a multi-millionaire and still suffer psychologically/physically. My old psychiatrist once said to me that even with all of the hard work put into the study of the way the human mind works, they still don't know exactly how and why it operates the way it does.

There are mysterious things about the human mind which raises a lot of questions that no human could possibly answer. Don't be so hard on yourself. I respect your desire and courage to find answers here.

****, i could barely imagine how frightening that must have been. obviously, you two must have meant a lot to each other at some point.but if that's really the case (he/she cutting you off), then you shouldn't beat yourself up on it for one minute longer, and it's certainly no reason to take the blame for something someone else did to YOU without any explanation or justification, especially if that other person knew how you felt. it's just gonna cause more hurt. keep your true remaining friends and family closer, don't lose your trust(((( )))))

fresia. I have had this happen to me so many freaking times. It's really strange when a person just shuts you out so instantly. It's that thought that you mentioned; 'What did I do wrong?'. I'd sure love to know all the things I've done 'wrong' to have people just leave. If I ever did anything wrong at all. I hate this natural desire we have for companionship and friendship. This is why I have thought about getting a dog, but I'm not up for the responsibility. If you're really lonely, then get a pet. Get a cat or a dog, or both and fresia everyone else.

Happened to me recently. In my case I really admired her, but the last I heard from her was that we were just friends. l haven't seen nor received texts or talked to her for almost a week now even though we live so close to each other... she going back home to visit family for almost a month in a couple of days, so I think giving her some space to clear her mind is the best thing for now. Hopefully I can see her and say hi and maybe even hangout again :/

I've had this happen to me once. Luckily, it didn't bother me too much. I just thought it was her loss. Two years later, we spoke again. She said that a friend warned her off me. Her friend was my first Ex. All you can do is learn from it. You can't stop being yourself and you should not change for anyone. Be happy with who you are, even if you are a dick :p At least you'll be an honest one. Try not to think about what has happened too much. Get busy! Make your environment better and a happier place to be in~

Latest posts

Back