Immune to lonelyness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blah_blah

Reaction score
I think I've become somewhat immune to lonelyness. After all the years of no friends, I don't think I even care anymore and don't even go out of my way to try and make new friends. I used to be really depressed about it and wanted to just hate everyone. But now I'm kind of neutral. Without my videogames, compy, internet, and drawings though, I would truely have nothing to occupy my mind with and would definatly become depressed. I'm sure its a bad thing to do but I accept that im just a loner. Sometimes I'm even happy that I'm alone. lol. I have so much free time I can do anything I want to do.
Ofcourse I'll have to try eventually to make friends but for now I dont want too. Unless its a internet friend...

and in all my lonelyness I never got so low as to want to kill myself. And I always take care of myself and like to dress well. so I'm glad for that at least I'm better off than some I've seen here.

Anyone feel the same way?

Yes I do. I have had ppl IRL always meas me around. It wasn't the other week when I made a dinner for 3 other ppl and invited them round and they did not even turn up. Forgot all about it they did. This happens to me all the time. I do not have a best friend. Only ppl I really know are drinking buddies that I go out with less and less as am just not into getting out my head like that.

I have started to be content with my own company and nothing but the Internet has company. I can go days with out seeing a single soul. I to shower and dries every day. Not for anyone but myself. I also go shopping on my own for new close. Its good to dress how you like in new stuff. A bit of retail therapy makes you feel good:D But I do feel this is not healthy. But I well not allow my self to get messed around by ppl. So what do I do. You do. Its the same relay if you get that. The only time I seem to get really down about stuff like being on my own now is when I feel poorly. Its when you have a cold that you struggle to cook diner and clean up after your self that's when I get real down and relies that being on your own can really suck.

I've been there too, Blah, when i got my first computer at around 7. I had found a friend that didn't find me weird. ;) Simply knowing that i have people that love me and meeting some friends at least once a month actually is enough for me, so i guess i'm quite good at ignoring it as well. And of course, as You say, having things to do is quite important to be able to ignore the loneliness like You do. I have tons of studies and this place to take care of, and that sure is quite enough.

I wouldn't say that I'm immune to loneliness, but I've learned to live with it.

I'm trying to enjoy life the way it is. I no longer feel any embarresment of not having any friends. A year ago it was like a big black cloud hanging over me. Now I'm fine with it. I'm a cool guy, I have nothing to be ashamed of ^^

That doesn't mean I don't want any friends though. Having friends would make life a lot more enjoyable, no doubt

Jeremi said:
I wouldn't say that I'm immune to loneliness, but I've learned to live with it.

I'm trying to enjoy life the way it is. I no longer feel any embarresment of not having any friends. A year ago it was like a big black cloud hanging over me. Now I'm fine with it. I'm a cool guy, I have nothing to be ashamed of ^^

That doesn't mean I don't want any friends though. Having friends would make life a lot more enjoyable, no doubt
Yea I agree. Good way of putting it.

I don't think i am immune. Since i seem to need more alone time then most people it may possibly be more difficult for me to get lonely, but it sure seems to happen at times.

I think I used to be immune, around the time when I was 16 or so I didn't really miss having a lot friends, I had my computer, movies, books etc and I was never bored. However, as time passed I started to find all that less and less satisfying. Nowadays I still like being alone every once in a while but most of the time I don't like it.

Personally, my lonliness both socially and unfortunately emotinally now are by choice.

A.) Socially- When I was younger I didn't like or want to do what everyone else was doing.. H.S and college- drinkdrinkdrinkdrinkdrinkdrinkpartypartydrugsdrinkdrink..repeat. So I didn't lower myself to something I didn't want to do just to "fit in" If those were things I had to do to fit in and be cool then no, I wasn't going to lower my self expectations. College may or may not be different depending on your school, I know mind is just an extension of H.S. as many of the students are around that young twenty, late teen phase.

B.) Emotionally- I've been kicked when I'm up and beat when I'm down. I'm tired of being hurt over and over and over and over etc etc. For me the psychological distress is worse then any physical distress. Years of caring for a liar have left me bitter and distrustful and rather then continue down that path, I decided to just cut off from it completely for now.
A broken heart cannot heal itself, it must be cured. So if I had a right reason to invest all that I've invested before in a intimate relationship I would, but I don't see that reason right now.

There are many benefits to have friends and close relationships both physical health benefits and psychological.

Dude, stop trying to understand a bit and just feel it. Forget what you know. You sound like a doc all the time. I dont even feel i can tell you something to try to make you feel better or w.e. cause you already said what you have, made the "analise" and got your conclusion.

blah_blah said:
I think I've become somewhat immune to lonelyness. After all the years of no friends, I don't think I even care anymore and don't even go out of my way to try and make new friends. I used to be really depressed about it and wanted to just hate everyone. But now I'm kind of neutral. Without my videogames, compy, internet, and drawings though, I would truely have nothing to occupy my mind with and would definatly become depressed. I'm sure its a bad thing to do but I accept that im just a loner. Sometimes I'm even happy that I'm alone. lol. I have so much free time I can do anything I want to do.
Ofcourse I'll have to try eventually to make friends but for now I dont want too. Unless its a internet friend...

I was like this for a LONG time. I was perfectly content to keep to myself, sitting around playing computer games or doing whatever. I didn't understand the world or people so I avoided it at every turn. I was lonely, but I don't think at the time I realized just how much.

As I got older though, I started to worry that things were never going to change. Now, I'm VERY worried.

Latest posts

Back