In trouble with Campus Police at uni! need advice please help!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mysis said:
What happens if I forward this thread with screencaps to "The UTM Campus Police online reporting form"
:club:

All one has to do run a search through Google on his facebook comments to see that he posted this exact same question on another forum. So... if the campus police are computer-savvy at all, they can find this with little effort and can read all about his intentions to lie to the police right here.

Brilliant.

CTF, of course he's lying about what he does. He obviously has no concern in lying at all.

And I didn't feel it was necessary to put that phone number. Don't put phone numbers to places like that. It's not a good idea.

You know, making a thread with the words "trouble with campus police" in the title, on a username with your own picture as the avatar... Is probably a pretty stupid idea to start with.

Im talking about Dom88s last post un there ^^^

Is that the form that YOU got in trouble for and that was your punishment, or is that just a basic form ? Basically what I am asking is - what happened.

yeah, college cops are differernt. The Pitt cops at my school were REALLY all over stuff like this.

It's harassment. Schools should be even harder than they are now on harassment. Maybe honeysuckle like this wouldn't even happen if people knew they'd get their asses handed to them if they did.

VanillaCreme said:
CTF, of course he's lying about what he does. He obviously has no concern in lying at all.

this is obvious

Mysis said:
You know, making a thread with the words "trouble with campus police" in the title, on a username with your own picture as the avatar... Is probably a pretty stupid idea to start with.

Which would be par for the course.

eris said:
yeah, college cops are differernt. The Pitt cops at my school were REALLY all over stuff like this.

VanillaCreme said:
It's harassment. Schools should be even harder than they are now on harassment. Maybe honeysuckle like this wouldn't even happen if people knew they'd get their asses handed to them if they did.

Some schools are seriously cracking down on this honeysuckle.

It was WAY different in my day at college. No one took honeysuckle like this as anything other than a joke. If we'd filed complaints over something like this we'd have been laughed out of the office... and then the police would make similar cracks about us while we were still within earshot.

^^ I think bullying, in general, is being taken more seriously these days. Even when I was in middle school ( 91-94) things were not taken seriously, and people who were being bullied were laughed off.

I think the impact of harrassment is just being taken more seriously these days - and for good reason. Kids are really honestly killing themselves over stuff like this. Im sure it happened years ago, too, but it is a major news issue these days.

Yea, bullying in general, over any issue, shouldn't be tolerated. No one should have to attend a school they picked to go to, and have to put up with or deal with someone who's so unhappy with their own life they feel the need to pick on and harass others.

I was picked on really bad in middle school. My momma dressed me funny, and I was a foot taller than everyone else ( i am 6ft even, now. really)

Ive gotten hit in the face, spit on and kicked. I once got my head smashed into a locker and got knocked out for a few seconds. And, no, my mom didnt really care :(

i went to a really REALLY bad inner-city school in a poverty-ridden city (johnstown, pa) and this was 1991 - 1994.

Do you know what happened ?

The school said I was a "busy-body" ( ill NEVER forget that)

They told me to mind my own buisness and things like that wouldnt happen.

See, I was the last person to get picked up on the bus and there was NO ROOM. No one would let me sit with them, and the bus driver would just scream at me to sit down, so i would, and then the person I sat with with would torture me. One time, a boy named Kenny shoved me so hard out of the seat it "bruised the bone" ( WTF that means I dont know) of my arm and I had to wear a cast. After a few years of school, this was practically everyone.

thank GOD I moved. High school was awesome.

So, I can understand how those two nice young ladies were kind of PO'ed

eris said:
^^ I think bullying, in general, is being taken more seriously these days. Even when I was in middle school ( 91-94) things were not taken seriously, and people who were being bullied were laughed off.

I agree. Middle school was hell - one of the reasons why I transferred to a high school across the city. I didn't want to go through four more years of being around the same people.

I think the impact of harrassment is just being taken more seriously these days - and for good reason. Kids are really honestly killing themselves over stuff like this. Im sure it happened years ago, too, but it is a major news issue these days.

One of the major recent stories that sticks out in my mind is that Irish lass, Phoebe Prince, that got bullied into hanging herself.

shells said:
eris said:

One of the major recent stories that sticks out in my mind is that Irish lass, Phoebe Prince, that got bullied into hanging herself.

Actually when the school dug deeper they found out that Phoebe had tried to kill herself before. She was a troubled kid.

SophiaGrace said:
shells said:
eris said:

Actually when the school dug deeper they found out that Phoebe had tried to kill herself before. She was a troubled kid.
Eh? If the school was doing the investigation, they were using their own defense to protect their own interests. That school was undergoing a hell storm after it happened - many of the school officials and faced the possibility of being fired for not doing anything when Phoebe came forward before she killed herself.

I don't argue that she may have been troubled girl, but there were reports that she was harassed and stalked by witnesses (other students).

There was also a comment Phoebe's facebook page that one of the girls accused of harrassing/stalking her posted. She wrote: "Mission accomplished", after news got out about Phoebe's suicide.

Makes you wonder who the real troubled ones were.

shells said:

No kidding. That situation was a poorly-handled cluster-fresia all the way around. The school staff, from teachers to administrators, totally dropped the ball... and so did the parents, I think.

It makes me so sad. I worry about my daughters as they get closer to the teenage years. I hope that they are not bullied and I hope that I am instilling the proper sense of decency and values into them so that THEY are not the ones to pick on those who are the perceived weaker ones.

The idea that bullying is just "kids being kids," whether it comes from school staff or parents has got to be eradicated and dealt with as a real offense.

cheaptrickfan said:
shells said:

No kidding. That situation was a poorly-handled cluster-fresia all the way around. The school staff, from teachers to administrators, totally dropped the ball... and so did the parents, I think.

It makes me so sad. I worry about my daughters as they get closer to the teenage years. I hope that they are not bullied and I hope that I am instilling the proper sense of decency and values into them so that THEY are not the ones to pick on those who are the perceived weaker ones.

The idea that bullying is just "kids being kids," whether it comes from school staff or parents has got to be eradicated and dealt with as a real offense.

If it is not dealt with then, then when they grow up to be adults, they tend to harass people with disabilities/those with cognitive impairments or anyone percieved to be weaker for any reason.

That's what I bet.

Latest posts

Back