Is there anyone here who has no family?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have family either. Scratch that...I do have family but they started leaving me out years and years ago. The only one who did care about me was my mother and she passed away 6 years ago. She was the one true family member who cared. I've asked them several times "why"? They could not bring themselves to even tell me. Tried for years to be as acceptable as possible at family gatherings. Walked in wanting to have fun, connect, listen, share, etc. most of the time walked out crying, wanting to slit my wrists (not really, just describing the pain). It took me a long time to honor that I was feeling the truth (they kept telling me it was "in my head") and I realized I was being rejected in subtle and not so subtle ways. When my mother died I said "acknowledge this" or I am out. They refused to come an inch or even tell me what the problem is.

I discovered the problem later thru a therapist who knew them...he hinted around at the problem wanting to relieve me.

So if you say family is one where you belong, where your love matters, where they care about you, miss you, ask about you, no I don't have family. It is my greatest wish to have this.

I only have 2 family people that I get on with. The rest I either don't know or have only met once or twice and no longer have contact with. This has been the case all my life so I've managed. But I'd love to have a big family around who I get on with, like many people I know have. That said, I am stronger then these people. I can take stuff that they cannot take and I bet you all can too. Just think about the things you've been through. I bet many others couldn't manage as they depend on family.

Yes, unfortunately. I use to have a big family, mum, dad (mind you he was an evil son of a ------), brother (although so twisted you wished you never had one) and two sisters (one is ******* crazy), but we were altogether. Now no dad (which Im grateful for) he has remarried and living his dream of having two sons (apparently daughters are a cursed species), step dad who is a ******* purve, a strange mother (who I always try with and always will, only one parent left really), a brother who doesn't want to know his sisters (takes after his dad) and every time I try with the crazy sister I get honeysuckle in return. ******* cursed family...

My parents are dead and my brothers and sisters don't keep in touch. All I have is my son and he lives in another city so I'm pretty much on my own. My son used to IM me every couple of days but lately nothing.

Latest posts

Back