It will be allright, they say

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr X

Reaction score
*comes home at dinner time, but nobody is at home. Decides to wait for someone to come home, but after 30 minutes still nobody*

*calls mother to ask where they are*

*beep...beep..*
-"Hello, this is xxxxx, I just got home from work, where are you?"
-"uhh... There is something I need to tell you.. I'm at the hospital right now.. and.. your father has had a heart attack.."
-*silence* "What?? huhh? how? How is he? I am coming right now"

*puts down the phone, takes the car keys and drives to the hospital*

*me*: -"dad, how are you? are you okay? will you be allright?"
*mom*:-"son... he can barely talk.. He has been given a medicine to dissolve the blood clot and now we gotta wait for 24 hours.. there's a risk of bleedings but let's hope he will be allright.."

I just came home from the hospital, and there's still about 20 hours before we know how the situation will be. I have never been more stressed than now. It all happened so sudden.

Everybody tells my dad it will be allright. But to be honest, nobody knows this. It's only what everybody hopes for.

In the last year, about 4 people I knew died. My mother almost died half a year ago and was very lucky.

I can't handle the fact that we are mortile. I can't handle it when something bad happens to people I know. I know that nobody likes dead and ilness, but I just wonder why we live as a human. In the end we all die so why are we even on this planet? I just don't get it.

I hope that your dad will be okay. That he will be lucky, like your mother.

I understand what you feel about humans being mortal. Death just takes any control out of you, there is nothing you can do. In the year before this one, my three remaining grandparents passed away in a 5 month timespan. What you feel is something i can recognize.

I can talk to you for ages about my views of why we are on this planet, but i don't think now is the best time.

I wish you and your family all the strength you'll need. Stay strong.

I hope he will be okay. I agree with not saying "he WILL be okay" because sadly.... We don't know that. They were painfully blunt to tell me that my sister in law, who I knew my entire life was never coming home. My grandparents had a bad car accident, and my grandfather was lucky to make it through... So I know both the fear, and the question of "why?" when it comes to this. And it sucks! It really, really does.

Just make sure to make every moment with your family count, because those are the moments that will matter the most, no matter what happens.

I'm sorry to hear that, I sincerely hope things turn out ok, that's all you can really do in these situations; hope.

Questioning why we exist is irrelevant, you're seeking reason for something you can't control. As sad as it is you just have to deal with the things that happen, i know it's easy for me to say this but you have to find the stregnth.

I hope things work out ok.

I'm sorry about your Father being in the hospital, and for the loss of the 4 people you knew. I have lost people I care about, and know how difficult it is. It never gets easier.

When a loved one is in the hospital, I think we tell each other that it will be all right because there is nothing else that we can do. It's just a way of being there for each other, and expressing our hope.

Your Father, you and your family are in my thoughts.

Mr X, I'm sorry to hear about what you went through and your dad's health.

My most positive well wishes goes out to him and may he feel better soon. Keep strong. *hugs*

We are 3 days later now.
The day after the accident, the situation was stable. But he still could barely speak and he had trouble using his left hand.
Now, speaking goes better, but he has trouble finding words. It's still far from perfect but let's hope it will still get better. As for the hand, it's better but not perfect either.

What I realised the past days: enjoy life, because before you know it, it's over. Be happy that you can run, jump, speak, work, think,... And even how bad your life is, imagine waking up one day and not being able to do anything but open your eyes.

I wish you and your family the best. Thanks for sharing your realization, it had me pause and really think about whats important in my life.

Mr X said:
We are 3 days later now.
The day after the accident, the situation was stable. But he still could barely speak and he had trouble using his left hand.
Now, speaking goes better, but he has trouble finding words. It's still far from perfect but let's hope it will still get better. As for the hand, it's better but not perfect either.

What I realised the past days: enjoy life, because before you know it, it's over. Be happy that you can run, jump, speak, work, think,... And even how bad your life is, imagine waking up one day and not being able to do anything but open your eyes.

I feel you.

*hugs*

Sending thoughts of positive well wishes. Keep strong and take care.

Latest posts

Back