It's probably time I said hey

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talus

Reaction score
Well I've been lurking around here off and on for quite some time, but for whatever reason I've never really had the courage, or whatever you want to call it to actually be involved.

Anyway, a bit about myself. I'm 27, from Western Canada and am an aspiring music/guitar/theory teacher. I guess I've always kind of felt alone for as long as I can remember. Growing up I was always kind of the odd man out. I played sports, but never really shared the mentality that went along with it. I never really dressed in a manner that would cast me in any particular group, I liked my metal music, but at the same time listened to music that no metalhead would ever go near. At the same time I knew computers front to back yet never really fit in with the 'geeks' either.

10 years later and it still feels like the same story. Most of the people I know are musicians, but I find it hard to connect with them. Most that are my age seem to be in it for the booze, the drugs and the women, and the music itself usually comes dead last. You know, I don't mind drinking, but I don't do it very often, and almost never enough that I feel it the next morning... The drugs just don't float my boat, and for women, well all I can say is I'd much prefer to sleep with someone I actually cared for and not some random drunk stranger who thinks it's cool I can play a guitar, but never bothers to ask my name.

Anyway, that's probably enough about me for now. So I guess you could say I'm here in the hopes of finding people that I can actually connect with.

Talus said:
Most that are my age seem to be in it for the booze, the drugs and the women, and the music itself usually comes dead last.

There was a period in my life when I was playing music around a lot of musicians, and I always joked that since I didn't smoke up any drugs and didn't drink that I was unfit to be a musician :D Nice to meet you Talus!

haha, lurker, OOOooo music teacher, you and me would get along great.
id bug you all day about music funamentals though if you could take it.
lonesome crow is a pretty **** good guitarist, youd like him to i think(?)
what do you play Talus?
alright, drop a line anytime, *high fives*

I appreciate the welcome guys, thanks :)

loketron, since my career of choice will hopefully pit me against 40-60 kids each week, I think I can probably take it :)
But, I'm focused on guitar right now. I can play drums and most instruments well enough to kind of fake like I know what I'm doing, but the guitar is what I really love.

Talus i am glad you decided to post. It might sound a little strange since you have been around for almost a year but welcome :)

Hi, I know how you feel. I've kind of went through life not really fitting in either and I never had the desire to associate myself with any particular social group. I lot of people I know have lives that revolve around sports and professional sports team, something I could care less about. I really don't have any close friends at the moment except for one guy that I'm on the fire department with. I'm one of those people that others have to get to know in order to understand and I'm guessing you probably fall into the same boat.

I really like what you said about not wanted to sleep with drunken women who don't care about you and that you don't care for. I'm the same way, I'd rather have someone who cared about me, I don't like to just mess around. I just wanted to say that you're in good company and my door is always open if you wanted to talk.

Latest posts

Back