it's time to give up

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CAS said:
The absolute *****. P.M. me if you want to talk. I feel for you.

thanks

ladyforsaken said:
Hey putter65, I'm sorry about what you had to go through. :(

Can't believe anyone would have the heart to do such a thing to someone like you. You seem like a really nice guy towards her. Hope things will look up for you, though I don't think she represents all the women in the world. So don't really give up on women just yet, you never know what may come.. and really, not all women are the same like her. At least I know I'm not like her. :\

*hugs* Hope you feel better soon, putter65.

thanks, I'm okay.

I was talking to my Dad about it. I told him I carried on with it because of the 'what if ?' - what if she was genuine ? I didn't want to hurt her feelings by suddenly stopping writing to her or start asking her some probing questions. My Dad said she played on my niceness.

Yes I know all women aren't like her, it's just a few.

I will get over it I am sure. Just another crappy experience with women to add to my list of disasters.

There are good women out there. Believe me I used to be of the same opinion as you but recently I have discovered that genuine, kind girls do exist. You just have to sort through the crap to get the diamonds and gold.

What do you mean by carrying on with it? You mean you knew you were scammed but then you kept going on with her?

I would say so too, she did play on your niceness. :\ I'm sorry really.

ladyforsaken said:
What do you mean by carrying on with it? You mean you knew you were scammed but then you kept going on with her?

I would say so too, she did play on your niceness. :\ I'm sorry really.

no i didn't know either way. It was always 50 /50. I had my doubts, always had those. One day she was a scammer, the other day she was for real. It was a dilema, I had to know. Had to find out.

Oh I see. Hmm, I'm not sure if I follow your story quite well. But you mean, you're paranoid about her being a scammer? Are you still seeing her?

ladyforsaken said:
Oh I see. Hmm, I'm not sure if I follow your story quite well. But you mean, you're paranoid about her being a scammer? Are you still seeing her?

no she has stopped writing to me, so she was a scammer. scammed me out of £800.

putter65 said:
ladyforsaken said:

no she has stopped writing to me, so she was a scammer. scammed me out of £800.

I'm getting back to my normal self and mood, which is happy. I swore to myself years ago that I wouldn't let women ruin my life. Ive had some bad experiences in the last 18 months but I won't dwell on them. All of them were cunts, so fresia em !

Ive too many books to read, golf rounds to play, films to see, tv shows to watch and stuff to do not to enjoy myself. fresia women ! And fresia dating ! fresia online dating ! fresia russians !

If some nice woman comes along then great, fine ! Super ! But I won't let it spoil my life. Balls to that !

(sorry about my language !):)

Why were you interested in a Russian internet bride/girlfriend anyway?

What kind of quality of relationship is that?

Normal relationships are equal in nature where each partner knows the other and there are no ulterior motives.

rdor said:

Normal relationships are equal in nature where each partner knows the other and there are no ulterior motives.

it just sort of happened and reading her letters and writing love letters to her become addictive. I couldn't stop myself until I either met her or she messed off.

I was thinking last night I keep banging on these bad experiences Ive had in the last couple of years. It dawned on me, all of them were self inflicted. Ive made bad mistakes, bad judgement calls. None of them should have happened. Trouble is I am too nice. Way too nice. I am always worried about hurting somebodies feelings. That has to change. When I'm getting messed about in the future I will walk away. Ive got to be harder.

rdor said:

also I am a lonely person. People don't ring me up often. I don't get many text messages or facebook messages. I started waiting for her letters, checking my emails every day. It was exicting to me and different. I just liked the attention. I enjoyed writing my love letters to her (something I have never done in my life)

I would go thru the day thinking 'was she a scammer ?' or is she for real ?' - it became a mystery, a puzzle. I was forever trying to find out, work it out. Very empty life you see !

I guess I was a classic case for a set up. A perfect person.

putter65 said:
also I am a lonely person. People don't ring me up often. I don't get many text messages or facebook messages..

It's exactly the same for me, but looking for wife/gf on the net (except for perhaps a legit local dating site) is something I would never do. It just seems... sleazy. Kind of like looking for a submissive maid from a developing country. Sorry to be blunt but I wouldn't go broadcasting this experience to people in the real world.

rdor said:
putter65 said:
also I am a lonely person. People don't ring me up often. I don't get many text messages or facebook messages..

It's exactly the same for me, but looking for wife/gf on the net (except for perhaps a legit local dating site) is something I would never do. It just seems... sleazy. Kind of like looking for a submissive maid from a developing country. Sorry to be blunt but I wouldn't go broadcasting this experience to people in the real world.

my brother and other people at work suggested online dating. A few people at work use such sites. They talk about it without embarrassment. So I took their advice. It was a local based site. I wasn't looking for a russian. She was the only one who took any interest. It was odd she was on there but anyway it happened.

Maybe you guys should look to make more friends first, online or offline. Sometimes in that pool of new friends, you might find a sparkling jewel. :)

ladyforsaken said:
Maybe you guys should look to make more friends first, online or offline. Sometimes in that pool of new friends, you might find a sparkling jewel. :)

I wouldn't advise anybody to seek friends using your pc. Best to go out there and have proper conversations.

blackdot said:
pc conversations are proper conversations

nah, just words on a screen. How can you like words on a screen ? Anybody could be writing them !

blackdot said:
I don't have to like the words on the screen. I like the conversation.

well maybe you do, it's good.

But I'm at the stage were I wouldn't trust anybody, what they are telling me etc. I wouldn't believe a word they say.

I have the ability to read people's minds so I don't worry about trust issues when it comes to conversations.

putter65 said:
my brother and other people at work suggested online dating. A few people at work use such sites. They talk about it without embarrassment. So I took their advice. It was a local based site. I wasn't looking for a russian. She was the only one who took any interest. It was odd she was on there but anyway it happened.

Oh, I see...

Putter, I went to the Ukraine back in 2000.

I got lucky that their family was down to earth and made great friends.

We kept in touch for a long time; but after they moved a couple of times and changed phone numbers, addresses, and what not, we were no longer to keep in touch.

I miss them still and wish I could find them again and I know they feel the same way.

Latest posts

Back