Ladyforsaken

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oldyoung said:
It seems the situation is very serious now. But from your wording it also sounds like there is still some hope? Do the doctors believe there's a chance she might recover fully, given that she gets through this next month of chemo therapy?

Not to trivialize the situation or what you're going through LF.. I would just be glad to hear something along those lines.

No such news from her end. I'm afraid it only means the doctors are very tight-lipped about the whole matter. She said she never knows if they're telling her the whole story. So they haven't given any prognosis either. I'm sorry...that's all I know.

She is often in my thoughts as I am sure she is in very many people here.

I hope for better news about her as soon as maybe.

Glad she is talking on the phone with some of you, I hope that she can keep doing that - phone is good… phone keeps you company without germs.
I pray for you LF, please please please please…

You are in our thoughts and prayers Ladyforsaken and will be until you are better x

I had her on the phone again today and relayed all the wellwishes and prayers. She was really thankful and appreciated the continued concern of every single one of you.

She sounded a lot better than yesterday actually. She had some problems with breathlessness then, so they gave her some additional medication for that. It did her good, but she didn't like it much because she's already got a pretty long list of different stuff to take.

Rodent said:
I had her on the phone again today and relayed all the wellwishes and prayers. She was really thankful and appreciated the continued concern of every single one of you.

She sounded a lot better than yesterday actually...

I'm very happy to hear this. Stay strong LF! And thanks Rodent for informing us.

had a couple of chats with her today and last night as well. Just some facebook messaging because i wasnt in a place where i could talk via phone. But she was deffinately able to communicate more and doing better than the last times we did.
i imagine she will encounter many levels of ups and downs though.
i dont have any medical updates to pass on, just that i sensed improvement in her even though it hurts her head to type and read still.
It is a tuff fight, but her spirit is pure and if anyone desrves to win, its her. If karma is real, it owes her plenty. Now is the time to pay up.
since ive known her, anytime life got her down, she resisted it by helping others that needed someone. Distract herself from her own pain by counciling virtual strangers with great compassion. My expiriences with her over the past couple of years seems to be a common perception of her by many others too as reflected in this thread. i cant help but view her as some sort of saint.
She loves this forum. Im sure as soon as she gets to a place where she is able to focus and read and write without discomfort, this will be the first place she comes too.

maybe we should try to lift up this thread and hear some more nice stories from members who know her? Or even those who dont. Messages of support, well wishes as some have done. Pics of kittens with bows with signs saying Get well soon. You know.. that kinda stuff.
I believe a positive spirit and state of mind can help a body heal.
im also thinking of sending something to the hospital. Maybe flowers and teddy bear or something and a card. Maybe we can work out a way to add members names to it

7d867c03db21bd502ec412c2910a0463.jpg

This thread is the only reason why I still check the forum everyday.
I miss you, Lady.

It's so good to hear that you are feeling well enough to communicate a little with members Ladyforsaken. You are in our thoughts and prayers often and will remain there until we see your next message right here on the boards. Love and many gentle cyber hugs coming at you x

Rainbows and Jently, I relayed your messages to her. As always, she appreciated them a lot.

Walley said:
maybe we should try to lift up this thread and hear some more nice stories from members who know her? Or even those who dont. Messages of support, well wishes as some have done. Pics of kittens with bows with signs saying Get well soon. You know.. that kinda stuff.
I believe a positive spirit and state of mind can help a body heal.
im also thinking of sending something to the hospital. Maybe flowers and teddy bear or something and a card. Maybe we can work out a way to add members names to it

I'm also convinced that the mental well-being has a significant impact on the overall healing process. So I'm sure she would appreciate your gestures, Walley. And sharing some positive stories sounds like a good idea as well...honestly, I'm not the right guy for that kinda thing. But hereby I would encourage everyone else to share some experiences if they feel comfortable.

On a side note, I have to mention that she is not allowed to have contact with fresh flowers though. One time she mentioned that when her colleagues sent her flowers, she only got to see them shortly but they wouldn't put them in her room or anything. They're not taking any risks with the pollen because of the state of her immune system.

Peaches said:
can we send other stuff? books, comics, etc

I guess everything related to reading wouldn't be of much use to her right now, since it amplifies her headache. But apart from that...I really couldn't tell how particular they are about presents from the "outside", as odd as it sounds. I think she also received a big plushie from friends/colleagues before. So you'd just have to ask, even if it would spoil the surprise.

Wouldn't want to make her uncomfortable either by sending truckloads of things they would just reject for safety concerns...though I might just be overly mindful here.

My thoughts, prayers and overall well wishes for you Lady F, keep fighting.

Latest posts

Back