listening to an Alison Krauss song over and over and...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hartbroken

Reaction score
There's a particular song sung by Alison Krauss that I keep listening to over and over. I put the player on loop playback and listen for hours.

It started one time when I thought I was breaking up with my girlfriend. For a few days I ran that song into my mind and heart for so long.

I'm feeling like no wonder people are lonely. Each person is unique and individual, and there are billions of us. We each need love. We each need to be lifted up from time to time.

This song is like playing in the background right now. It's like drinking in a bar, except without the alcohol. The drink is a song. Has anybody else had that experience with music?

I feel so sad lately. I'm discovering the truths of needing a spiritual connection with God, and I'm not doing so well finding it. I've done nothing to deserve God's love, nor could I ever do anything to deserve it. That's hard to wrap my head around when I feel sad even though I know everything God has done for me.

My girlfriend is depressed, and wants to be alone tonight. My parents are getting older, and I try appreciating them as much as I can before they go on. And I'm listening to the saddest song I've ever heard.

It's like I want to drown in my sorrows, so that I can find myself. Doesn't make sense to me, but maybe there's some truth to that. I just have a need to cry right now.

In the meantime, the mp3 player keeps going.

gabriel20 said:
Which song you listening too HB?

It's one written by Ronald Simons called Warm Kentucky Sunshine. Off of Adam Steffey's "One More for the Road" cd. (bluegrass)

Latest posts

Back