loneliness led to mass murder

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all know the true reason he did this. His name is now forever associated with that terrible terrible movie, and he couldn't live with himself. Now he'll be known as the lonely mass murderer instead of the person who had something to do with the hunger games.

Thanks for posting, Jayme. I found the Youtube video very strange. His little snickers in between what he was saying. I guess that I would say that he had some resentments brewing - not only toward the young ladies that he perceived as the "beautiful ones", but also toward the Alpha men who were supposedly lucky enough to acquire these type of women.

You know, it's a shame that these sort of incidents happen. I have no real solution to ending this sort of bad behavior. People grow resentful over many, many different things, and do terrible things because of those resentments. In this case, it happened to be a resentment against beautiful women for whom he felt ignored him. He really wasn't a bad looking guy, but he felt that he was. He had a very low self esteem about himself.

Nobody's perfect, but some do "seem" to be fairly close to perfect. There are some absolutely beautiful people in this world from all outward appearances, but one never knows what they may be concealing. The drop-dead, gorgeous blond who had an ileostomy a few years ago, and now has an ostemy bag attached to her stomach. A guy is trying to go out with her. He tells her that she is the most beautiful woman that he has ever laid eyes upon. She has had this happen before, and she knows from her experience that many uninformed men will faint at the site of the stoma sticking out of her stomach. She thanks the man for his compliments, but tells him that she isn't interested in dating at the moment. She does this out of fear of what may happen once he discovers her medical condition.

So, it is what it is. Sometimes things aren't what they appear to be. It's a sad outcome, for sure.

painter said:
Case said:
I don't see why his video link belongs in this forum..

I don't see why it doesn't. Dude says he was lonely, this is a loneliness forum. It's one very extreme case of what loneliness can do to a person - even if he was using it as a scapegoat, that is his logic and it's relevant to this forum.

I can understand an amount of empathy for him, as I can for anyone who has ever felt alone, no matter what they decided to do about it. Anyone who has ever felt anything at all negative or unpleasant I have at least some empathy for. Of course this stops when they cross a line, but it's still there.

I don't see any harm in discussing this. When people go nuts and killa bunch of people it'll be talked about, you can't stop that ever. Yeah some killers get off on the fame and attention but no matter what we do in life people will find a way to be shitty to each other. How exactly do we give the victims rather useless "attention and sympathy" without also giving the killer attention? And what good will it do?

First, I don't care if the kid was the loneliest, most suffering 22 year old in the world. He killed 7 people, injured 13 (at present,) and even intended to murder his own brother and step mother. I find it difficult to compare anything this guy felt with anything I have ever felt as I am not a revengeful murderer.

Second, you say what is the harm of discussing it. I suppose my main objection is not the discussion, but the two videos of him that were posted, which I find offensive to be on a forum of people trying to cope with similar emotions without murder.

Edit: Typos. Content not changed.

Obviously no one here thinks what he did was OK. I think the OP was trying to understand what motivated this person?

But the thing about acts like this, is despite the reason that he (and other mass murderers like him) give for their despicable acts, I don't think we can 'get' where they are coming from. Yes, he was angry/bitter/lonely and all that. Yes, maybe sometimes we might all feel that we just hate people who are happy, have someone in their lives, are not lonely or isolated.

Maybe some people even have an angry wish that others may feel the same pain.

But we have ...something.. in us that these type of people don't have.

We have something in our heads that separates angry bitter thoughts from homicidal actions. We might be upset. We are not killers.

He was.

Case said:
Second, you say what is the harm of discussing it. I suppose my main objection is not the discission, but the two videos of him that were posted, which I find offensive to be on a forum of people trying to cope with similar emotions without murder.

Seems to me we all have a choice here to decide what we will and will not watch or participate in on the forum. There's been plenty of topics come up on ALL I've opted to stay far away from as the situation being discussed is something that totally pisses me off and I see no point in being involved in it.

It appears you're advocating censorship Case- editing things out often leaves an incomplete picture and sweeping unpleasant things under the rug is a form of denial. I see no harm in jayme adding the video clips, it's definitely added to the discussion here.

I chose not to watch the youtube clips he posted as I've no interest in the rantings of anyone. My heart aches for all of those unsuspecting victims of his who's lives are forever changed by the senselessness of his actions. I can't begin to imagine what the families of those slain are enduring grief-wise, it's gotta be the emptiest of feelings to cope with.

WildernessWildChild said:
It appears you're advocating censorship Case- editing things out often leaves an incomplete picture and sweeping unpleasant things under the rug is a form of denial. I see no harm in jayme adding the video clips, it's definitely added to the discussion here.

I can't say that I have a firm opinion either way, but some things shouldn't be on a given forum for a variety of reasons. I'm sure that censorship isn't always a bad thing. Indeed, I feel it's called for on occasion on a forum such as this.
Note: lets not get off topic on the subject of censorship. Im just pointing out that it's really not the issue in the thread.

Going through a struggle in life doesn't mean life owes you. And it certainly doesn't owe anyone the right to end other lives. Do I feel bad for him? Sure. We all go through things in life. I know I've been through my fair share of heartbreaks, heartaches, and utter disappointments. Did it mean that I could go around ending lives as I saw fit? No. It meant I had to put my big girl panties on and deal with it.

So, I'll ask the same question again. Do I feel bad for him? No. No, I don't. Because regardless of anything he's ever been through in life, that doesn't give him the right to dictate how others should live and how they shall cease to live. I've said this about many things, and I'll continue to say it. He made his bed, and he will lie in it.

It appears you're advocating censorship Case

I am advocating self-imposed restraint.

I agree with Eve that this is beside the topic, and since I have already posted my feelings, I have nothing further add.

There is mention of this person in two different threads on this forum. The only thing you are doing by discussing him is giving him what he wanted. Infamy. He didn't have popularity in life, but hey, he does now. Talk about his VICTIMS, not him. HE doesn't deserve to be remembered or talked about, his victims do.

Well, what'ya know. Jayme's link has been shut down on Youtube. I found others on Elliot Rodger, however, and downloaded a few (including the full version of the one previously posted in link form) onto my desktop via Youtube video downloading software, just in case others are removed.

Here is one in particular that I found to be very interesting. It is a "psychological analysis" of Elliot (as stated in the title of the video). It offers up quite a bit of info, and is well worth the watch.

* Note that the PUA (Pick Up Artist) forum is also mentioned later in this video.
[video=youtube]

Case said:

I am advocating self-imposed restraint, such as the kind where we consciously avoid posting ad hominem attacks or trolling when we get angry.

I agree with Eve that this is beside the topic, and since I have already posted my feelings, I have nothing further add.

And now your consciously attacking me and bullying me by calling me a "troll" because of something you don't like? That's low.

jaguarundi said:
Obviously no one here thinks what he did was OK. I think the OP was trying to understand what motivated this person?

But the thing about acts like this, is despite the reason that he (and other mass murderers like him) give for their despicable acts, I don't think we can 'get' where they are coming from. Yes, he was angry/bitter/lonely and all that. Yes, maybe sometimes we might all feel that we just hate people who are happy, have someone in their lives, are not lonely or isolated.

Maybe some people even have an angry wish that others may feel the same pain.

But we have ...something.. in us that these type of people don't have.

We have something in our heads that separates angry bitter thoughts from homicidal actions. We might be upset. We are not killers.

He was.

That's Exactly what I was intending. Just people's views opinions on the motives of this kid. That's all. Clearly I'm not implying you, me or we ARE anythinglike this guy. I jjust found something I thought was interesting and decided to share being that I have no one in my life to have ANY sort of discussion with at all but my own inner thoughts which gets pretty boring. Now I see that here, if one person doesn't like what you post you'll be personally attacked. No one has to tell me anything twice. I understand now. Trust me.

TheRealCallie said:
There is mention of this person in two different threads on this forum. The only thing you are doing by discussing him is giving him what he wanted. Infamy. He didn't have popularity in life, but hey, he does now. Talk about his VICTIMS, not him. HE doesn't deserve to be remembered or talked about, his victims do.

Well your always welcome to start a thread in support of the victims. That'll be great.

painter said:
Case said:
I don't see why his video link belongs in this forum..

I don't see why it doesn't. Dude says he was lonely, this is a loneliness forum. It's one very extreme case of what loneliness can do to a person - even if he was using it as a scapegoat, that is his logic and it's relevant to this forum.

I can understand an amount of empathy for him, as I can for anyone who has ever felt alone, no matter what they decided to do about it. Anyone who has ever felt anything at all negative or unpleasant I have at least some empathy for. Of course this stops when they cross a line, but it's still there.

I don't see any harm in discussing this. When people go nuts and killa bunch of people it'll be talked about, you can't stop that ever. Yeah some killers get off on the fame and attention but no matter what we do in life people will find a way to be shitty to each other. How exactly do we give the victims rather useless "attention and sympathy" without also giving the killer attention? And what good will it do?

Also I'd like to be cheeky here and say

(To note, I'm FAR from being blonde haired, Caucasian, or blue eyed)

hi 2 u :D

LOL thanks

jayme89 said:
Case said:

I am advocating self-imposed restraint, such as the kind where we consciously avoid posting ad hominem attacks or trolling when we get angry.

And now your consciously attacking me and bullying me by calling me a "troll" because of something you don't like? That's low.

Jayme, I didn't attack you or bully you. I never even referred to you in that sentence. Someone was claiming I was advocating censorship and in response I made a blanket example of how we ALL generally have restraint in our forum posts. Nothing was in there that implies anything negative about you.

However, I have edited out the remark that clearly upset you. I am sorry.

Ok this is over and done with. I see a lot of people reading comments as personal attacks when they aren't. Also, I see that people continue to post vids when it's been made clear that they upset people. I feel this is what Case was referring to earlier about consciously posting things.

Also, no one bother making a new thread on this guy - it will be closed as well.

Ps. To the person who reported me for "censorship" ....
That's called me "moderating." I can close any thread that I feel I need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back