Lonely-> Depression-> Anxiety

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
neverfeltlonelyer said:
I am without a companion. I go to work, go home, cook & clean, shop for food . and repeat everyday of my life. I have 5 people that I talk to at work everyday and that is all. I am longing for somebody to be out of the normal and say hey lets go do this . I am living a groundhog day everyday! I have been thinking about the mars program and that is what my life is like-isolated from everybody . nobody tries to be friends with me. what am I supposed to do on this planet?

Nobody really knows what they're doing on this planet I don't think. Maybe God guides some. Others feel a passion and a drive for something.

I don't know. Wish God guided me.

Where do you live? :)

SophiaGrace said:
neverfeltlonelyer said:
I am without a companion. I go to work, go home, cook & clean, shop for food . and repeat everyday of my life. I have 5 people that I talk to at work everyday and that is all. I am longing for somebody to be out of the normal and say hey lets go do this . I am living a groundhog day everyday! I have been thinking about the mars program and that is what my life is like-isolated from everybody . nobody tries to be friends with me. what am I supposed to do on this planet?

Nobody really knows what they're doing on this planet I don't think. Maybe God guides some. Others feel a passion and a drive for something.

I don't know. Wish God guided me.

Where do you live? :)
in the united states in a state called Alabama, city of mobile

thanks for replying. my groundhog day life just might changing due to your post. thank you

but I really don't think it was that easy. getting ready for another groundhog day. I need real people in my life, not just a forum with links. and no I am not suicidal. one sentence on this planet is enough , why make it harder the second go around!

Same exact thing happened to me for years. The longer you're isolated socially the scarier those situations become. You want them but at the same time it freaks you out that the only comfort you feel is when you're sitting by yourself in the dark or whatever so why torture yourself with it? Then when you are in those situations all you can think is how you just want to return home.

Finally broke it somewhat when I met a group of people many of whom had dealt with similar problems themselves. Just lucked into it. They could tell I was struggling with this sort of thing and worked hard to help me.

That cycle is vicious.

RodMark said:
Same exact thing happened to me for years. The longer you're isolated socially the scarier those situations become. You want them but at the same time it freaks you out that the only comfort you feel is when you're sitting by yourself in the dark or whatever so why torture yourself with it? Then when you are in those situations all you can think is how you just want to return home.

Finally broke it somewhat when I met a group of people many of whom had dealt with similar problems themselves. Just lucked into it. They could tell I was struggling with this sort of thing and worked hard to help me.

That cycle is vicious.

Where did you find the group? Was it an already arranged meet up or just some people you randomly met?

NEVERFELTLONLIER

I felt the same way. Wanting real companionship but then when I would get around others, I would tense up and feel anxious. When guys would try to talk to me I would politely excuse myself away, knowing it won't go anywhere at the moment. I'm too anxious and self conscious at the moment. I'm not sure if that's an issue you have as well. Right now, my path is taking care of myself. Being a better me so I feel comfortable with myself first. This may not be the path for everyone but I'm finding the longer I stick to it, the better it gets. Through my new hobbies I have something to talk about with Co workers, instead of my Saturday night spent home alone with my cat lol I have met a few people online (have not met in person) over similar hobbies/interest forums. I'm hoping once I'm in better shape to join a soccer league. Anyway it's a start.. so instead of trying to find purpose just try to find what you enjoy doing. What you can concentrate on and improve on etc and just go for it. It also helps with anxieties a bit when you have something else to concentrate on instead of sitting around and thinking too much (which is exactly what I do )

A former friend who had lived out of town for a while had a spouse who left him. She had known me before they left and knew of my situation so when she moved back to town she started inviting me to hang out with her friends. It was a major struggle to get over the anxiety, but fortunately a lot of them could tell what I was dealing with and made a strong effort to get me feeling more comfortable about the situation, and eventually the anxiety went away. Took several months of trying before I could get comfortable. But it worked. Like I said, I got stupid lucky there. I should still be a near-total loner. But sometimes things break your way.

Latest posts

Back