Loney Girl Introducing Herself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee

Reaction score
I’m so happy to find other people like me. I’m new and never thought there was a website where I can talk to others about my simple, lame life. Below is a little about me.

I’m a 24 year old graduate student. I’m Latina and very shy. I have a few friends but only a couple I really talk with. I know that my loneliness is mostly my fault because I don’t tend to push myself to speak with other people or go to clubs, social event, etc. I’m single and find it hard to meet a nice guy that is not looking for a woman that looks like a model. I’m short at 5 feet, I’m 100 pounds, I'm cute looking but definitely I do not look like I am going to be modeling for Victoria’s Secret anytime soon. I live in Los Angeles so it’s annoying to see so many beautiful women who have nothing more to offer than their dyed hair and fake eyelashes get the successful men (by success I don’t mean money, I mean someone who is happy with his life, career,etc) while girls like me who can have an intelligent conversation never get asked out. I guess I am just frustrated with my life right now. I am however glad I am here, before registering I spent some time looking at the comments posted on this site and I was excited to see that most of them were normal and not creepy. I can tell I fit here I completely understand where a lot of the people in the forum were coming from.

I will be posting more soon.

Take care,
Dee

Hello Dee, welcome to A Lonely Life. It's a really a pity that girls like you are lonely, and a sign of how screwed up the world is. There is little point in going out with someone for their looks. People get old, they wither and they get wrinkles. That's why choosing to be with someone with whom you can have an intelligent conversation with is so important, so that when they are old and are no longer 'beautiful' (although, what is beauty? I personally think we are all beautiful), you are not left with nothing. I mean, it's like girls who go out with Jocks. Eventually they'll age, and their joints and muscles will stop working properly from all the sport they've played, and then probably won't have the brains to get a real job with which to support your family.

Dee said:
I was excited to see that most of them were normal and not creepy.

Am I one of the creepy ones? :D

Welcome to the forum Dee :)

Hello Dee, nice to have you here. I think that's just one of the unfortunate aspects of parts of this culture, the emphasis on the beauty and not the brains for women. It's a bad and unrealistic balance which ends up, it seems, alienating those who are in this life for others more than themselves. It's only becoming harder I think as there are more ways to spread that media message of the importance of looking this way or that, staying young in body, etc. I think you'll find many people as you already have in this thread alone, who are helpful and good people. Enjoy your stay :].

Unacceptance said:
Hi Dee. What are you a graduate student of? Do you have any plans to leave plasticville aka L.A. at all?

Hi Unacceptance,

I’m a counseling major…(and yeah this does not mean I know everything about relationships, in fact I know very little). Anyways that is the path I have for now, we will see what I do latter. Do I plan to leave LA ? YES! I just don’t know where to go yet. I love California and some parts of LA (there is a lot to do here…you just need plenty of money to do it ). Anyways it’s the egocentric, plastic loving, complaining about their 2006 BMW (that is too old to drive), let me take my dog with me everywhere (for women), and the men who have the most unrealistic idea of what real women look like (i.e. they don’t come with DD’s, nor is every inch of their body perfect that only happens after Photoshop has enhanced the photo).

Hi everyone,

Thank you for welcoming me, I already feel part of this group.
:)

Black Dragon said:
Hello Dee, nice to have you here. I think that's just one of the unfortunate aspects of parts of this culture, the emphasis on the beauty and not the brains for women. It's a bad and unrealistic balance which ends up, it seems, alienating those who are in this life for others more than themselves. It's only becoming harder I think as there are more ways to spread that media message of the importance of looking this way or that, staying young in body, etc. I think you'll find many people as you already have in this thread alone, who are helpful and good people. Enjoy your stay :].

Caesium and Black Dragon,

You are both right our culture completely alienates women and men. It creates a standard that is hard for both males and females to meet. I know for men here they have trouble too because if they are not successful, educated, and drive a BMW many women will not even consider them for a date. It goes back to culture we (by that I mean my geographical location) have our values skewed toward the worn way. In the end I think I like most people I would want to be happy with a loving partner that appreciates me, supports me, accepts me for all my strengths and limitations, and loves me for being me. Caesium you are completely correct we ALL gain weight, our rosy look in our cheeks goes away, hair gets thin, becomes gray, and falls off….and in the end the only thing we really have to offer is who we have become as a human with fears, desires, hopes, and accomplishments. In the end what really matters is if you like who you are in the empty moments….

Dee said:
Unacceptance said:
Hi Dee. What are you a graduate student of? Do you have any plans to leave plasticville aka L.A. at all?

Hi Unacceptance,

I’m a counseling major…(and yeah this does not mean I know everything about relationships, in fact I know very little). Anyways that is the path I have for now, we will see what I do latter. Do I plan to leave LA ? YES! I just don’t know where to go yet. I love California and some parts of LA (there is a lot to do here…you just need plenty of money to do it ). Anyways it’s the egocentric, plastic loving, complaining about their 2006 BMW (that is too old to drive), let me take my dog with me everywhere (for women), and the men who have the most unrealistic idea of what real women look like (i.e. they don’t come with DD’s, nor is every inch of their body perfect that only happens after Photoshop has enhanced the photo).

That's a pretty cool thing to study.

I hear you on the complaints about LA. I'm from there too, terrible place, I'm glad I moved. To make matters worse there isn't even any middle ground, it's either vain mannequins who live in dreamland or living in third world-like conditions in the hood. Looks like you've got it made though, with an education and some plans I fail to see how you'll end up in a bad situation. At least you've got your schoolwork to focus on, right?

Hey Dee welcome to the forum, lol

if you don't like LA you can come and move to the midwest, ya just in time for winter.

ya we'd have a blast sholveling, enjoying the brisk 4 hours of sunlight,ect

lol it's not all bad i guess, anyways welcome to the forum. I am also quite short and small as well, i've been 5"2 for a while actually i'm a senior and at the beginning of the school year everone that didn't already know me would come up to ask ohh are you freshman too? No i'm not! now scram or hit you over the head with textbook of seniority!

sorry please acccept this post as the first weird one,

:D

Unacceptance said:
Dee said:
Unacceptance said:

Hi Unacceptance,

That's a pretty cool thing to study.

I hear you on the complaints about LA. I'm from there too, terrible place, I'm glad I moved. To make matters worse there isn't even any middle ground, it's either vain mannequins who live in dreamland or living in third world-like conditions in the hood. Looks like you've got it made though, with an education and some plans I fail to see how you'll end up in a bad situation. At least you've got your schoolwork to focus on, right?

Hey, fellow LA’er cool to see you are from here!!! Yeah no middle class in this city. I do have my career going for me but I still feel lost (I’m from the hood…so we will see how it all turns out). When I go to the bay (e.g. San Francisco, Santa Cruz) I feel more at home because people are laid back. Unacceptance where did you move to? How are the people there? What do you do (e.g. work. Life in general)?

evanescencefan91 said:
Hey Dee welcome to the forum, lol

if you don't like LA you can come and move to the midwest, ya just in time for winter.

ya we'd have a blast sholveling, enjoying the brisk 4 hours of sunlight,ect

lol it's not all bad i guess, anyways welcome to the forum. I am also quite short and small as well, i've been 5"2 for a while actually i'm a senior and at the beginning of the school year everone that didn't already know me would come up to ask ohh are you freshman too? No i'm not! now scram or hit you over the head with textbook of seniority!

sorry please acccept this post as the first weird one,

:D

I like snow, but that sounds like too much snow. i want to live in Alaska for a few months...that will come once I actually have time. Thanks for welcoming me.

Dee said:
Hey, fellow LA’er cool to see you are from here!!! Yeah no middle class in this city. I do have my career going for me but I still feel lost (I’m from the hood…so we will see how it all turns out). When I go to the bay (e.g. San Francisco, Santa Cruz) I feel more at home because people are laid back. Unacceptance where did you move to? How are the people there? What do you do (e.g. work. Life in general)?

I moved to Colorado, I dig it here. The people are nice, I can see the sun (not that I'm a big fan of sunlight, but it's still nice to know it's visible) instead of a gross misrepresentation through the smog, over the last ten years it's been getting more and more populated, mostly people moving from LA like me and New York. I was raised in Canada, born in LA and returned to live in LA for a bit before moving out here.

I'm a huge fan of cold weather and the snow, so I like it. Right now I'm about to begin a new job so I've been taking it easy living off the money I saved from my old job for a few weeks, doing some studying and stuff in preparation. I'm going back to school next year (I'm hoping next semester), I finished a year, but my life kind of fell apart in a week and most of this year has been putting it back together. Luckily I live simply enough for that to not be a complicated task....

I think you should be proud of what you've done. It's admirable.

Hi Dee , Welcome ...

To start out to clear ur anger ... write the name of the person u hate and clobber with this fun logo - ex I like to :club: Mr. abc

Cheers !

Dee said:
Unacceptance said:

Hi Unacceptance,

Hi Dee!!!

I lived out in L.A for 2 years & 2 years was more then enough for Me. You are so RIGHT!!! It is very PLASTIC out there. I lived in the West L.A. area while out there. WELCOME Here!!! I have met some very NICE People on here & I am sure You will too.
GOOD LUCK,
Marcia

Hey Dee,
I was born in Orange County but my family moved up here to Idaho 3 years ago (21 now). California is geographically beautiful, but all in all I think most of the population sucks. I do miss the wine country there, though.

Idaho seems to agree with me on general Californians. Too bad I myself am Californian...I try not to reveal that immediately on meeting someone :p

If you move, you should move up here, to Spokane or something. We'll go get lunch. :)

Actually, on second thought, it snows like a mother here. You might not like that.

Anyhoo, welcome to the forum.

-Brian

Hi Dee. Welcome to the forum! I hope you find what you are looking for. Everyone is very nice. I was in LA over the summer. I went to "The Price is Right." It was ok. Everyone was very plastic, and there was ads everywhere for surgery. I think about cosmetic surgery sometimes. I am a Nurtrition major. This is my senior year. :)

Latest posts

Back