Look what rolled through the front door...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roundasapenguin

Reaction score
I am Malaysian. And **** proud of it *hic*
Hello :shy:

If only you knew how long I've been sitting here, starring at the blinking cursor, totally at lost for what to type.

I came across this site through a search in google.com. Heaven knows how I found it (and if you ask me now, I'd probably not remember).

I'm female, a little on the round side (what was that politically correct word they use... a few extra pounds? ...hmmm) and I guess like most people here, I'm feeling a little lonely.

It's not that I don't have friends. I'm not a social butterfly who'd ' oh-hello-daaaaaaaaarling' and charm everyone I meet within the first 5 seconds but I do have a small group of friends. I just haven't gotten around to finding the right guy in my life and being at the age where every one of your friends are starting to marry off or creating babies like hamsters, it just makes you feel like a total outsider from the whole scene.

Feeling lonely and slightly depressed by it isn't something I'm terribly proud of, and not something I announce to people around me. So I was really quite relieved when I found this forum. I went through some entries and was surprised how much I can relate to some of the entries here. It's kinda like a light bulb going off in my head and I tell myself, "OMG, at least I'm not alone in this."

Being a bit on the round side doesn't help the self-esteem either, when people are teasing you either about your weight or the fact that you're on the road to being a PMS-ing spinster coz everyone else is moving on with your life and yours seem to be just on hold.

I laugh it off as light-heartedly as I can but deep inside, I crumble each time they make comments like that. And it's hell to try to put on a brave front and pretend like nothing's wrong when all you want to do at that point is to close the door, bury your head in your hands and not have to face the world for the next century or so.

So why did I join this forum? I love the fact that I can remain annonymous and express my thoughts frankly here without someone giving me that "God, you're so freaky" look in my face. Who knows, maybe meet a few other people who can obviously understand what I'm going through and maybe help someone pull themselves out of the rut along the way :) I don't know.

So yeah...hello everyone :shy:

Welcome roundasapenguin

I know what you mean about all your friends starting to get married off and have babies. I'm in the beginnings of a similar situation. It's depressing in an undefinable way.

But hey, you've just met us (he says, having been a member for about 4 days). We're lovely, and we're always here for you. Welcome.

Hey it's good site to vent, and a lot of interesting idea's or different view points. Always in the positive direction. It becomes a little too addicting.... as I check it everyday now ha.

Hiyas.

As an overweight girl myself, I wanted to comment. If your weight is the real issue in finding somebody, you really can do something about it!

Now, some people say they're going to lose weight, but deep down inside, they know they'll never even try. It's okay if you never want to try, but you have to be honest with yourself about it. If you're one of these gals, get out there and mingle with guys who like BBWs! There are websites online and out in the world, there are night clubs and stuff for people.

I'm one of those people who has been losing weight. I never try to meet people in real life. Online, I've noticed that most of the guys I talk to never ask about my body. I'm always the one who ends up casually bringing it up. "I don't think I ever mentioned this, but I'm overweight. I've lost a hundred pounds so far, but I've got about forty left to go. None of my clothing fits me right, of course, so I finally went shopping today. What did you do?" I usually get positive responses.

it's wonderful to hear that you've managed to lose weight. omg and you've lost a hundred pounds at that. way to go! :) I've been trying to as well but I guess perhaps I've not been trying hard enough. i'd lose about 10 kgs, get really excited and then before you know it, it all comes back *rats!* but thanks for the post nerdygirl, you will be my inspiration to continue to try and lose weight :)

oh and a quick hello to EveWasFramed, evanescencefan91, coverage, It Was Mine, Whirligig, Minus, Steel, Punisher and everyone else :) *wave wave* you guys are so nice :)

Well I tried that and guess what? I was in this meeting in the afternoon and my tummy did the most horrendous ROAR ever! Gawd, I swear you could hear me all the way in Sweden!

I was absolutely mortified :p Between praying that the ground would open up and swallow me in, or contemplating turning to my colleague and make it look like it was HIS tummy *okay okay, I wouldn't have done that, t'would have been too bad of me*, I ended up smilling sheepishly and muttering a "sorry...had a really light lunch".

this tummy of mine *point point* does not seem to want to behave without carbs. I've tried taking lots of protein *fish fish fish!*, AND drinking a whole bottle of water in just to make sure i'm all full and happy.

...I could've run marathons for the number of times I went to the toilet after that :p

I think its a matter of finding out what works for me, I guess :) But thanks for the suggestion.

hi Penny! :D welcome to ALL.

Pop into chat sometime ok? Chat.alonelylife.com <= the url for ha

Roundasapenguin,

I read your diary post as well as this post. I think I can really relate to what you are going through. I am a bit round myself. I feel very lonely and agree that most men are visual and don't consider overweight women when looking for a date. I have a very hard time meeting men because I am a teacher at a private school and we do not have a single male employee. I just don't meet men on a daily basis. I find online dating to be a big blow to self esteem. I am 43 and most men around my age post that they want to date someone 21-30 and slender. Who does that leave for gals my age and size? Hang in there! I believe there are men out there that are attracted to women for their personalities. Just wanted you to know you are not alone.

Latest posts

Back