Looking for someone to talk to

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnCervus

Reaction score
19 and lonely guy. Anybody else supposed to be having the times of their lives and isn't?

Yeah.

My partner at work tells me I should be going to a college somewhere, living on campus and having fun. He says I'm missing out on the best years of my life.

I disagree, but part of me does feel like I'm missing a lot. I look at people my age and feel out of place and vastly different. Distant. One day they'll be older and slow down/chill out, take on responsibilities. They won't party anymore because they won't have the time or the lack of commitment that let them do it all the time. Maybe then I'll fit in, though I fear by then it'll be too late.

Yeah you are totally right, but I feel like I won't have stories. What good is a life without memories.

You could always go rob a convenience store. Prison makes memories.

DISCLAIMER: I do not condone theft in any way, shape, or form, and by writing the above I am being completely sarcastic. *looks over shoulder for the gub'ment*

In all seriousness, though...

JohnCervus: Do you have any hobbies or interests? A good place to start is to find others that have similar interests and hobbies. I think you might be surprised at the sort of people and clubs you'd find. Heck, these days, there's a group for everything! Save the Snails, anyone?

----Steve

haha Yes of course that is true. And so my search for a club begins. Thanks for the advice.

I'm still looking for unexperianced people in music and film just like me. However, if you have listened to lots of music and watched loads of films, we could definatly get along!

Yesh, I know this.. although I feel like I'm not really wasting my life that much at the moment I do feel like it could be a lot more fun and should be.

@ badjedidude, maybe in the US, but here in Holland it's pretty hard to find a club doing something you find interesting in your neighborhood. I looked for an amateur astronomy club in my town but there isn't any. Looked for bands to join etc, couldn't find a single one in my town. Looked on internet, ads in music stores (weren't any at all :S that's like the classic way to do it, where has that gone??), asked friends, guitar teacher..

@ ragiop, what do you want to do with music? You got Logic by any chance? We could work on a project together :)

yamaha CS5 said:
@ ragiop, what do you want to do with music? You got Logic by any chance? We could work on a project together :)

No, but I could download it! We can do anything at all! I've attempted to make some Aphex Twin-esque music, but it is cringeworthy and terrible :p. I'm into jazz, electronic, classical, alternative, afro-beat.
What about you?

Haha, well, it's just that it's for mac only but if you got one that would be great :D It seems we got the same sort of taste :) What program do you use?

Latest posts

Back