Making things happen....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solace

Reaction score
I'm aggervated with going though life and watching every day tick by, and at the end still nothing has happened.

I have no idea if one can make things happen, but if there is a way to do that i'd sure like to know how.

Maybe I read too many books, but my life just lacks plot. It also lacks incidents. I get up, I go to school, go though my weekly routine. It drives me up a wall!

Every time I walk out my door I wish something would happen! Maybe it doesn't have to be as outlandish as a hot air balloon landing in my front yard, (which would be cool though) or as tragic as becoming friends with someone who is dying, but I'd like to meet some people and have life events throw us together, and before we realize it we're friends. You know?

In a book I just read, the main character is riding around downtown to get some pasteries and meet her friend at the park, and she hits a pedestiarn with her bike.

He spills his spaghetti as he jumps out of the way, and swears at her. She apologizes and takes him to get a new plate of spaghetti, and he follows her to the park to meet her friend, and from then on he doesn't leave her life. And the three of them become good friends.

i'm like come on can't that happen to me? lol.

Anyone else feel how I do?

well if you want something different to happen in your life then you'll have to do something different.

but its been my experience that life is just routine and maybe you just dont like your routine.

i know what you mean,

i've got the similar situation i'm constanly daydreaming about something actually happening

although on time when i was about 10 or so a hot air balloon did land in the middle of our street, they we're trying to land someplace else, but i guess the wind was being problematic or something, and atually it was like the day before halloween so the gave us all candy when we helped them get the gaint balloon refolded and rolled up

:)

that was fun i haven't thought about that in a while

ya i'd like something fun like that to happen again

That is awesome, Evanescencefan91. (what should I call you? lol. that's kind of awkward to write out every time.)

One day i'm going to learn how to pilot a hot air balloon. It's a dream of mine. I also want to make friends with a real sheep, go to alaska, publish my novels or poetry and other stuff.

What about yours?

I hope life isn't just routine, heretostay. Eeep. I hope it's interrupted once in a while with exciting stuff. I cry most often from boredom, then loneliness then anger. I had hoped that there wouldn't be so many tears in my future. lol.

Have you ever noticed that certain things happen to certain people? With my grandma, she always has birds and wildlife show up around here, things people don't often see in that area. For my dad, he might go to walk on the beach and have two different people tell him their life stories. Everywhere my mom goes people talk to her about homeschooling. Just one of those faces, I guess.

I don't know what mine is yet.

wow that's a really interesting solace, i don't know what mine is either,

hmm dreams of course meet evanescence hug Amy Lee (that would be awesome XD )

umm i guess play a song on the guitar well on stage even if it's just like one song

Save the world from major climate crisis

obtain the ability to fly

see the northern lights

travel

live in the middle of nowhere

but really when i think about the future i just want to be happy

lol some people just call me evenescence evfan or evf91

actually it's kinda nice because i've never had a nickname before in the offline world,

:)

Have you worked on a costume lately ?...

Crap...I ma take my own advice. I'm go play my guitar now. :(
One note after another...One chord at a time.

I also know a couple of friends that have pilot license IRL.
They just worked at it everyday and took actions to get it done, even if they don't feel like
studying or have the time...They made the time and energy for thier dreams and made them come true.
Nothing magical to it...just a committment.
If i want to fly IRL...that's how it's done.

My friend is also a millionair. He owns his own company.
I actaully raised him becuase his father was an alcoholic. I took him in.
He's only 26...now.

Another friend of mine started his own bussines also..He's too is a millionair with a **** pilot license.
fresia..he used to call he all the time asking advice on buissiness decisions.
Crap...i need to take my own advice :(

Here's my HS friend's band...I used to jam out with him all the time.
His mother died during his senior year in HS.
He couldn't play worth a fresia in HS, But F-it...He lived his dream.
[youtube]-xbFgCc5YNQ[/youtube]

Something dose happen every day in your life. You go to school every day. Moor then me :( Try not even doing that. Just be like a vegetable that nobody wants. God I wish I was a rump sirloin stack instead. Every ****** would wont me then.

I think life is just a routine and it is impossible to do something exciting every day of your life without money.I always feel like I'm not going anywhere or doing anything and the advice I get is to make something happen myself. I do think in some cases you have to make things happen.Like I started my own business in 2006.I'm a full time freelance writer. I started out working for 50p per article and worked 12+ hours a day.I did my back in but I built a business.

The main problem that I have now is I have no friends. I have always been shy so making friends isn't really a strong point.But I've also been let down by a lot of friends. So I don't trust people as much anymore.I've also been throguh quite a lot so I've grown up quicker than a lot of people my own age.For that reason I don't relate well to people my own age so that's another struggle.I keep joining new websites and posting ads for friends but it all feels a bit desperate. At the moment I'm trying to focus on myself and build my self confidence so I can maybe join a social group or something.In the meantime however I am really lonely.It's like a loneliness that really hurts.

I have my boyfriend but we fight a lot and he goes out and does his own thing.I'm not involved with his friends or family (his decision).So when he goes out and does his own thing.I'm in on my own trying to occupy myself and stop myself feeling down but it just gets hard.With no friends and no family I'm close to or that I see often,it just makes seeing a way out difficult.You ahve to want to do something and that's my problem, sometimes I don't because I don't think there's anything I can do.Everytime I make an effort to get close to people I just end up getting let down.I met a friend that I made online a few months back and that was a waste of time too.I just feel like I never compare to anybody else.When I go out I see other girls all dressed up and I just feel so ugly and not worth anything comapred to everyone else.So I'm hoping focusing on me will help me in the long run.

So you're definitely not alone feeling like nothing exciting ever happens to you!

evanescencefan91 said:
hmm dreams of course meet evanescence hug Amy Lee (that would be awesome XD )

umm i guess play a song on the guitar well on stage even if it's just like one song

live in the middle of nowhere

Hey! Stop stealing my dreams :D

Solace said:
I'm aggervated with going though life and watching every day tick by, and at the end still nothing has happened.

I have no idea if one can make things happen, but if there is a way to do that i'd sure like to know how.

I have an additional challenge: I retired very early - related to job stress/health. I call it my second childhood :) If anything is going to happen in my life, I have to make it happen.

Meeting people is my goal. Without that, acquiring friends is nigh impossible. The online thing is good, but it's never netted me long-term friends, even though I met several offline and it was a good experience. Losing them later though makes it eventually seem futile. They just seem to fade out.

To that end, I've joined hiking clubs, nature-outing clubs, support groups, and now scrabble clubs, as well as a few I've dropped since because they weren't working out. I've made a few friends, but I admit it's a challenge. For the most part it's been something (that I'm interested in) to do, and when I show up for outings everyone's a good acquaintance & we chat and interact a lot.

List your interests and google if there are any real-life groups out there.
olg

AimeeLou84 said:
I think life is just a routine and it is impossible to do something exciting every day of your life without money.
It's as routine as you make it, though I realize for many work gets in the way ;)

I do think in some cases you have to make things happen.
see my post above

Like I started my own business in 2006.
Likewise, for 6yr. Unfortunately I found it too isolating, not to mention unprofitable, and it paralyzed my social life, what little I ever had.

The main problem that I have now is I have no friends. I have always been shy so making friends isn't really a strong point.But I've also been let down by a lot of friends. So I don't trust people as much anymore.
Story of my life!

I don't relate well to people my own age so that's another struggle.
ditto

I am really lonely.It's like a loneliness that really hurts.
Almost every day here too.

With no friends and no family I'm close to or that I see often,it just makes seeing a way out difficult.
No family (that I ever see or wants to see me) within 1500 miles.

Everytime I make an effort to get close to people I just end up getting let down.I met a friend that I made online a few months back and that was a waste of time too.
Wow, I didn't think I had a clone out there. Precisely the same pattern here.
I have a few current prospects; there's usually some dim light at the end of the tunnel; problem is, lately it's usually been an oncoming train. Every time I've gotten involved, I come to realize there's a host of complications that hinder the friendship. One at present is giving me a stiff neck from stress.

Keep checking here for new ideas. Many of us are in the same boat.

You people have got a lot of good points here.

Last night I realized something about myself. I'm someone who has to participate in things. I can't just look at great art work, I feel inspired to create some myself. I can't just eat food or wear clothes, I have to make both. My way of participating in history is to collect antiques. I can't just watch the world and feel things, I have to talk about it and confide in someone. Mostly I use my journal for that since i'm short people to confide in.

I can't just listen to music, I have to write lyrics. I can't read books; i'm driven to write my own.

And who could just watch someone fly? I have to fly too.

I see beauty in the world and I need to take it with me. I capture it between four corners and make it look the way it does in my mind with photoshop. If I don't have a camera I have to tell someone about it.

Which makes it so hard for me to live alone. I live at my house with my family, I sit in the classroom full of people at school, but I live alone. When the moment comes that I can't be by myself, I slip out the door and look at the stars, praying someone will find me there. But I slip back inside at night and wonder why nothing ever happens to me, then start another day all over again.

hey I wonder if It's even possible for me to learn how to just sit and watch.

Being driven to do so many things is exhausting! And frustrating when you can't do everything.

I wonder if I could learn to properly be a spectator.

The movies (and TV shows) make our own lives seem so boring in comparison. I've written some screenplays and to keep the story moving, I have to add in plot points and dramatic events. If movies were like real life, nobody would go to see them.

There is a certain pace to real life...yes it may seem to move slowly but it's like the middle of the ocean. Events are like these kind of waves that unfold in real time.

Our culture emphasises action and excitement and puts a high value on it. Everything else seems so boring in comparison. Don't get fooled by that. Life is constantly changing. Nothing stays the same for very long.

I would feel the same way if I were to read such a thing, but its just not the way things work out for most people IRL. You never know. There is a chance something like that could happen *shrugs*

The closest thing you can do is just get out there and try something different. Volunteer somewhere or take some classes where you are either learning a new language or doing something artistic. Its pretty easy to do that, if you have the time, and you get a better chance to meet someone who can enter your life and make things a little more interesting.

I'm stuck in the same rut, but I am trying my best to look at things the same way joanmcf has mentioned in her very last line. Just be patient, and think about what you want to do. Hopefully you find something to do to make things more eventful in your life.

Latest posts

Back