Marijuana Addict?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newBeginning

Reaction score
I dont do any "other drugs" or soke cigi, but i do get high on chronic.

ok, i dont do it to party, or just to get high.
when im on it, i think and i read and watch things on the Universe, science, life and evolution and read the work of Da Vinci, Socrates/Plato, Aristotle. (Logic and formal logic)
that lead me to learn Computer Science on my own, and those things lead a chain reaction of thought to learn new things all the time,
even how the infinity works, consciousness of all living things, from a cell to all animals and mammals. i find it fascinating.

but its only when im high, and i dont know if its "healthy".
i make my self feel better by saying its better than alcohol or cigi's.

im addicted to weed and learning when im on it.
i write it down and know the information, but because im high, i cant get practical lol, thats the problem.

i dont drink or anything, just weed.

You only find these things interesting when you're high?
I wouldn't think that's strange . . . because everything IS more interesting while high . . lol.

Trust me . . you're not addicted.
Now, if you said something like . . 'I literally can't go a day without lighting up a joint',
Then that would mean you are addicted.

iv gone 6months without smoking, like if i run out, i only go get more when i have time next or watever, im not hooked on it, but i have light joint pretty much all nights all this year, and i surprise myself with the things i came up with the next day lol,

like intellectual things related to my computer science, and other things just opened up mymind so much, and i can perform more logical tasks, because of the new information not weed ofcourse. but high is when i get deep into the research.

i studied ancient philosophies and even religion . more i read into it, and analyze it, universe, evolution, modern science, logic, reasoning etc, more i think religions are the most stupidest things around, cant believe people still have those mythological/immoral/judgmental beliefs.(not to be particular on a forum).
i was brought up quite religiously, i never questioned it til now, i never thought about the process of atoms physiology and evolutionary process of everything.

i only smoke at night at home, thats all, i just want to know if others had similar experince or am i just weird.
and advice if someone has more knowledge about weeds long terms.
maybe im too high to know im hallucinating all this :p lol

You can be addicted without smoking everyday, you can even be addicted while going 6 months without it. Not saying you ARE addicted tho.

As far as you coming up with things on an intellectual level, that has absolutely nothing to do with the marijuana except that it makes you relax enough to think of it.

Also I noticed you said you were addicted in the first post, but that you weren't hooked on it in your second post.......

Like Callie said, in your first post you said you were addicted to it, so you are. "Slip of the tongue" or not meant in the context you printed it, maybe, but sometimes that's when we're the most honest.

I don't condone drug use, but to each their own. I worked with enough "pot heads" to know I never want to do the stuff.

Callie said:
As far as you coming up with things on an intellectual level, that has absolutely nothing to do with the marijuana except that it makes you relax enough to think of it.

I don't mean to be critical so i shouldn't even say this because it will end up sounding that way. I knew a group of guys who were just amazed at the intellectual ability they had while they were stoned. Among them they had solved all of the worlds problems while they were high. The main drawback they had is that, the next day, they couldn't remember all these solutions that they had come up with. Eventually they came across the idea of recording themselves while high so that all this wisdom would not be lost. What they ended up with was a tape of gibberish that you had to be high to be impressed with.

I am not saying that is the case here because i just don't know.

hey newbeginning it is possible to become addicted to pot a lot of people disagree, but you can become addicted to anything you find pleasurable we can be addicted to caffine, and I'm addicted as fresia to the interenet

how bad is it? do you get some kind of withdraw symptoms,

I'm not an expert it might be good to go cold turkey or just have it during special occasions,

if it get's really bad I'm sure they'd have clinics ofr that or something

find something to take your mind off it or something, take up a new hobby or something

i've recently started doing sudoku puzzels and it's a good way to take your mind off stuff

good luck

:)

I like weed - too much

that's why I don't use it anymore, once a month always becomes once a week & that always becomes once a day everyday (or more.)

I quit for two years then started again non-stop for four years & am taking a hiatus again.

Did that for way too many years.
Happy to say that I think that, and alcohol are behind me now.

I no longer see them as a source of relief, recreation or pleasure,
but as the very things that were dragging me down.

I'll be 53 soon, and wish I had quit in my 20s.

A new life said:
Did that for way too many years.
Happy to say that I think that, and alcohol are behind me now.

I no longer see them as a source of relief, recreation or pleasure,
but as the very things that were dragging me down.

I'll be 53 soon, and wish I had quit in my 20s.

Many of my close friends still smoke regularly, one spends £100 a week on average on weed.
On a personal level if I smoke, I don't want to go out & meet people/do stuff I just stay at home in my bubble.

Am I an addict? I think I am!

Weed is only available to me maybe 1 to 5 times PER YEAR for me because of my circumstances, and I am glad, because I believe if it was available to me all the time, I would have a problem abstaining.

It is not physiologically possible to be addicted to weed. Mentally you can be addicted, in that you enjoy the experience, so why wouldn't you do it more. As for the creativity and heightened learning abilities. THC and the other canabinoids in weed trigger your brain to produce a variety of chemicals like dopamine, some of the chemicals produced in the brain make the pathway to the creative neuro centers less inhibited than they may be during everyday life. They do not increase your creative ability, but they do make it more accessible to you. Maybe next time you are high you should learn more about brain chemistry and meditation techniques, write it all down, and work on achieving the high state through meditation so that you can be just as creative anytime without the herb! good luck!

It is much better for you to smoke pot than drink excessively or do other man made drugs. Especially if you use a vaporizer to avoid the carcinogenic tar you get when you inhale smoke of any kind. As I have learned, it is impossible to overdose on weed, yet eating ten raw potatoes can kill you!

Latest posts

Back