Money For College-Americorps

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

queenwindbaby

Reaction score
Hey you guys here's a chance to go to college and the gov't pays for it. AmeriCorps is just like the Peace Corps except that it is done stateside. A national program. I did 1 1/2 yrs of service to my country, and I was the dinasour in my group, it's mostly young ppl. It was fun but w/ lots of benifits. For every year of service you get an Ed Award of $4,700.00 per yr. I have a degree but used some of the money to take some other courses. They place you in a Social Service Agency which if that site doesn't work out you can transfer to another agency. It is local to your area or if you want to work in another area or state just sign up there. You get a pay check-you work 37 hrs a week We had full health insurance and a life insurance policy. Plus if you should need an ambulance they pay for that also. You get to do so many fun things-like a Ropes Course or go to a retreat for several days in the woods. It was great.
Here is their website if anyone is interested.
http://www.americorps.gov/
This is not spam. I do not benefit from any of this information just trying to help those young ppl that want to go on w/ their education and have no funds to do so. Good luck. :cool:

How about that, it appears that they changed the name of VISTA to AmeriCorps.

Hi Minus-I was reading a little on the site and it seems they combined the agencies. Were you a Vista service member? If so where did you serve? Just courious. I hope some of the young ppl on here find their way to this thread for assistance for funds for college. Thanks for your reply. :)

No i wasn't. I was considering it for quite awhile but ended up going to school instead.

Minus said:
No i wasn't. I was considering it for quite awhile but ended up going to school instead.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, ok. Good move.

Latest posts

Back