Movie "Interview" being pulled from theaters

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EveWasFramed said:
Has anyone ever seen the kind of Anti-American programming that N Korea peppers their citizens with?

North Korean poster showing how Americans take babies from their mothers and drown them in wells.

of635h.jpg

VanillaCreme said:
It might be a stupid movie. I wouldn't even doubt that. But does that mean people couldn't do it? No. This country is about freedom, and the fact that they basically coward down to a country that doesn't want anyone to have any sort of freedom, is wrong. Period. We don't threaten North Korea...

The US government aren't exactly angels; let's also not forget that George W. Bush publicly named North Korea in a televised speech to Congress as part of the "Axis of Evil" - Iraq and Iran being the other two. There are most certainly covert operations going on against by the US against North Korea - let's not forget, no one wants them to develop their nuclear weapons capabilities. The US already drops propaganda leaflets to North Korean citizens in hopes they will hear about the outside world.

Anyway, I digress. I heard the movie isn't that great but it was already released on Christmas day, which was the original release date. It is playing at a theater in my town and you can see it on Youtube. It will probably play for a few weeks then go straight to DVD shortly thereafter, which is what would have happened anyway without the North Koreans' threats.
I won't be seeing it; I can think of better ways to assert my freedom than going to a Seth Rogen movie.

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
I won't be seeing it; I can think of better ways to assert my freedom than going to a Seth Rogen movie.

I feel the same. It was never my kind of film anyway, so it doesn't make much sense for me to see it. I'm glad Sony decided to release it, though.

bfescx.jpg

Death of a President is a 2006 British high concept docudrama
political thriller film about the assassination of George W. Bush,
the 43rd U.S. President, on 19 October 2007 in Chicago, Illinois.

:D

Minus said:
bfescx.jpg

Death of a President is a 2006 British high concept docudrama
political thriller film about the assassination of George W. Bush,
the 43rd U.S. President, on 19 October 2007 in Chicago, Illinois.

Times sure are changing. I don't remember this scene evoking world-wide terror threats...and didn't they also blow up Saddam Hussein back in 'Hot Shots'?
[video=youtube]

Nevermind then, I'm just going to leave this here...
315.jpg

TheRealCallie said:
You'll all be happy to know that some theaters are playing it and it's available to watch on Google Play, Youtube and the website started because of this.

http://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/2014/12/24/the-interview-now-available-on-xbox-video/

I might spite-watch it.

Sci-Fi said:
There are some things you don't do, this movie is a good example of that. There is a reason why the United States has such a bad reputation with other countries, this again is a good example of that. The movie was a STUPID idea, to take an ACTUAL in power world leader and make a movie where you go an assassinate him? DUMB! Just plain idiotic and stupid. It doesn't matter if people don't approve or agree with the way he governs his people, you just don't do that. It is also not a good way to try and smooth over relations with other countries either. Just look at what's happened, the US is blaming North Korea for this hack and these threats declaring it terrorism, yet have NO proof North Korea was even involved. It was American's who made this stupid idea of a movie in the first place. You can't do this an not expect someone to react. It's like punching someone in the face then getting mad because they punch you back. Don't punch them in the first place.

How is a movie comparable to a second 9/11? The argument of "no honeysuckle North Korea will be angry" collapses once you try to make it eye for an eye like defending yourself physically against assault. They might see it that way, but they're even more unbalanced than the US. At best it's "don't touch the dog that's known for biting".

Latest posts

Back