Moving out

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unwanted94

Reaction score
So I'm 18 now,and legally, I can finally move out. ^_^ :D
Of course, there are some obstacles. I really want a house,and I have found some really good priced homes online, but then some people have told me that it would be best to start with an apartment. I think a house would be cheaper in the long run, plus I'd have my own place. I wouldn't have to share a building with other people...
Anyway.... If I feel lonely just living at home with my mom and brother... I can only imagine how lonely I'd feel actually BEING alone... but then again, it's not the solitude that gets me, but it's the absence of conversation that really kills me. I'd have a cat and a dog though, but my big question is;When would be a good time to move out? I want my own space, and I don't have any money saved up yet, but I wonder when I should do it...

If you want a house, able to afford a house, feel it is a good time for you for a house, why not that time? Of course, to consider such things thoroughly is best.. but also to do a thing most suitable for you.

It would be best to start with an apartment. There are so many expenses that come along with a house it isn't funny. You have to learn to walk before you can run.

I own my own house - or, should I say, the BANK owns my house, and I pay them. I'll probably pay it off just before I die. With the way that the economy has been going, I now owe more than the house is worth (due to fallen property values). When something goes wrong with the house (re: new water heater, toilet, windows, etc.), it's up to me to pay for it. The last, huge thing that dropped into my lap was FLOOD INSURANCE!! For god sake, if you buy a house, make sure that it's in a "low flood risk" area (directed toward those living in the United States). You see, FEMA is now requiring everyone to obtain flood insurance to pay for the Katrina disaster. They get a kickback from the insurance companies. My house is 8500 feet above sea level, and is in a high flood risk zone..Figure that. The flood insurance costs $1300 per year alone.

Given everything I have mentioned above, I would certainly advise others to RENT. If something goes wrong with the apartment or house, you can call the landlord up, and tell them to fix it. In this day & age, renting is the way to go in my humble opinion. If you'd feel better having people around, go for the apartment. You may even meet some good friends there. If your plans change, and you decide to relocate to another area, you can give the landlord notice, and move out. Not so easy when you have a mortgage.
** I'm great at giving advice. I'm just not very good at following my own advice.:club:

Latest posts

Back