Moving Soon

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xaero

Reaction score
So I'm going to be moving to Seattle in about two weeks for a job. I visited there this past week for interviews and got a chance to explore the area a little bit. I really liked the location and the culture. But now that I'm back home, feelings of loneliness and doubt are looming over my head, yet again. Loneliness in particular has been an all too familiar theme throughout my life, and after I move, I will be even more alone than I am now.

I just thought I'd post on here since I don't really have anyone else to talk to.

xaero said:
So I'm going to be moving to Seattle in about two weeks for a job. I visited there this past week for interviews and got a chance to explore the area a little bit. I really liked the location and the culture. But now that I'm back home, feelings of loneliness and doubt are looming over my head, yet again. Loneliness in particular has been an all too familiar theme throughout my life, and after I move, I will be even more alone than I am now.

I just thought I'd post on here since I don't really have anyone else to talk to.

Text me then ill actually text you here who I am

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 286
It takes a lot of courage to move somewhere else on your own and I admire you for it. Could you look online and in Seattle newspapers for social events/organisation etc which you could go to when you are settled there? Maybe you could meet people that way.

Try to see it as a whole new chapter in your life. Use the fact you are new to the area to start conversations with people.

Good Luck with the move.

Good luck, xaero. I hope there will be better things happening for you after your move.

ladyforsaken said:
Good luck, xaero. I hope there will be better things happening for you after your move.

Hi lady I see you everywhere on this site your so nice to others are you the owner of this site.

TheRealCallie said:
Jacob1 said:
ladyforsaken said:

Hi lady I see you everywhere on this site your so nice to others are you the owner of this site.

Bjarne is the owner.

Hi and thank you for the answer if I see him I'm gonna thank him for this site and and give him advice on new modifications to the site

xaero said:
This site needs a mobile app

I agree but that's alot of code and I can't do that I don't think he could ethier by the code he did on here man I would make instant messager on here almost as a text kinda thing so you wouldn't have to go threw email dude it's so easy to hack somebody alls I need is your email and I can get it threw the site easy

O by the way I hope you have good move to

I'm so confused right now...

One thing is for sure though...

Lady is more than welcome to own me if we can get delicious desserts together.

I guess what I'm most fearful of about this move is that I'll be so far away from family and friends. In my experience, forging real friendships is incredibly difficult, especially when so many people live so mechanically.

The Seattle freeze is a real thing, and I'm not looking for drinking buddies or someone to work out with. I want real friendships that encompass love, compassion, and trust. It seems to me a lot of people have forgotten these things exist.

At this point I feel like I'm damming myself to a lifetime of loneliness and isolation, all in the name of job security. Maybe I'm just being cynical, but I think my fears are perfectly valid.

xaero said:
I guess what I'm most fearful of about this move is that I'll be so far away from family and friends. In my experience, forging real friendships is incredibly difficult, especially when so many people live so mechanically.

The Seattle freeze is a real thing, and I'm not looking for drinking buddies or someone to work out with. I want real friendships that encompass love, compassion, and trust. It seems to me a lot of people have forgotten these things exist.

At this point I feel like I'm damming myself to a lifetime of loneliness and isolation, all in the name of job security. Maybe I'm just being cynical, but I think my fears are perfectly valid.
I want all of them things in friends I don't have any friends so you can imagine I know what your talking about and your fears are perfectly valid you need to work at your job for a bit save up money and quit foreall you don't want what I have I'm so very lonely sure I use call my loneliness solitude and really do self improvement while I'm alone but I want a friend a friend I'd die for and he die for me but I'm living in a false reality plz take my advice you don't want what I have save up money then move back

Only advice man only advice dude !!!!

xaero said:

Seattle seems like the perfect city for going to a lot of the meetups on meetup.com. That's probably where I would start out with meeting people if I ever moved there.

VanillaCreme said:
I'm so confused right now...

One thing is for sure though...

Lady is more than welcome to own me if we can get delicious desserts together.

Lol.. I was confused too. But...

Deal! :p

xaero said:

You know, I am not sure what Seattle is like but I always think that when you step into a new path in your life, there might be new and better opportunities that will present themselves to you... either in forming new friendships, having new doors open in your career or even your well-being.

I would try not to make myself worry too much until I get there and let things run its course, and then only think about how to improve what needs to be improved. One step at a time, now.

Latest posts

Back