My Cell Phone Haunts Me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse

Reaction score
I always have my phone on vibrate and usually in my pocket or on my desk while I'm at work. My one friend around here and I text all the time, so it's always vibrating in my pocket and has been for months...and when it goes off on my desk it lights up...

Well i think I've developed some sort of anxiety with my phone because I always feel like my phone is going off in my pocket and I reach for it and it's not....and I always see a flash of light out of the corner of my eye like my phone is going off but I look and it's not...

Anyone else have this?

I haven't experienced that, but I do know I somehow click it in to 'Voice Command' mode all the time when it's in my pocket and it pisses me off constantly. One time we were busy doing something, and it did it like twice over a five minute period, so I took it and hucked it :p

Luckily it's a cheapy little phone, but built pretty solid and rubber-coated. I selected this model because I knew just the daily ride in my pocket would be abuse enough :p

Cell phone, meet woods. Woods, meet cell phone.

Lol. I'd love to just chuck my phone into a lake or something.

No see it's not really going off. I'm just imagining that it is! I think it's anxiety.

Oh. Sometimes I think the light on my phone is flashing blue, which means I have a message, when it's really not. I have to stare at it for a few moments just to see it flash green.

haha yeh! I get phantom phone vibrations too. Always had em since I first got a phone You're not alone ;)

JustJones said:
haha yeh! I get phantom phone vibrations too. Always had em since I first got a phone You're not alone ;)

Glad I'm not alone :)

my phones tunes have claves in the song so when i hear particular songs around the place and they have claves in them too i go to my phone and check to see if someone is ringing/smsing.. did this for a while especially when i am listening to music at home LOUDLY i imagine i am hearing my phone 'underneath' the music.. turns out i am just listening to the music that is on too intently.. hehe

Hahah yes. All the time.
I even think I hear my phone ringing and I'm sure it wasnt anyone elses phone. Once it was like this for 5 mins straight so I held my phone in my hand for awhile. I thought I was going nuts!

Jesse said:
Lol. I'd love to just chuck my phone into a lake or something.

Chick chucked one of her cell phones into the lake.....now chick carries no cell phone, it alleviates the 'phone anxiety' that I have
even knowing that there is a phone around that can ring or that I may have to talk to someone on.

i haven't had this but i have heard of it

it's like phantom phone syndrome or something

it happens when you have your phone in your pocket it vibrates a lot
so sometimes if you have your cell phone in your pocket, but your brain is so use to getting spontaneous vibrations all the time it starts to get that without the external stimuli

it should go away eventually if you keep your cell phone out of your pocket i figure

Latest posts

Back