My GF's dad hates me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biran

Alecto
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I have been going out for 7 months at this point. Now, in that time, I have never heard her dad say anything nice to/about me. he's hated me from the start. This dislike for me has recently been kindled into an inferno when he found out we are having sex. Now, I'm 17, she's 16. in my state, 16 is the age of consent. It's gotten to the point that when I dropped off a birthday gift for my gf, he threw the door open **** near breaking the thing in the process, and screamed at me to "get the fresia off his property." (he's renting the house, so it isn't even technically his.) Later in the confrontation, despite the fact that I haven't said a word during, he threatened to "get some friends and come to my house to kill somebody." I have no idea what to do about this. Any suggestions?

Be careful.
He's already made a terrorist threat against you, which is against the law.
Guy sounds unhinged.
But...put yourself in his position.
Most fathers would be extremely upset if they knew their teenage daughter was having sex.
Maybe cool it for a while?
You are too young to get into trouble and stress like this.
Good luck.

He sounds like a psychopath - i get protective dads, but its not normal to threaten someone the way hes threatened you - especially if you havent done anything wrong.

Does your girlfriend know he's been hostile towards you? She might be able to talk him around.

If not, safety first.

He's already made a terrorist threat against you, which is against the law.
"Terrorist threat"?! That's a bit extreme. It's just a threat. If it can't be proven with evidence, it's nothing.

You wanna pray she isn't pregnant lol. No good giving you advice in hindsight, but what to do now? Hmm, I think you've cooked your goose. I'd leave her alone, else this isn't never going to end well where everyone gets along fine.

Id be pointing out that if he keeps scaring boyfriends off his daughters going to wind up hating him.

"Terrorist threat"?! That's a bit extreme. It's just a threat. If it can't be proven with evidence, it's nothing.

You wanna pray she isn't pregnant lol. No good giving you advice in hindsight, but what to do now? Hmm, I think you've cooked your goose. I'd leave her alone, else this isn't never going to end well where everyone gets along fine.
I know you know the law far better than me, but strictly speaking, here in the US, "get some friends and come to my house to kill somebody"
would be considered a terrorist threat. But yes you are right, without witnesses willing to corroborate, or a recording, nothing would come of it.

So what does your girlfriend think of her dad's behavior? Is there a mum involved here too or does your girlfriend just live with her dad?

Despite the dad's over-the-top reaction, you've got to look at it from his point-of-view: you are having sex with his 16-year old daughter. Unless he doesn't give a crap about his offspring, any dad would feel mighty protective knowing his daughter is out doing the deed, especially with someone he already doesn't like (for whatever reason). Maybe he's one of those dads that automatically dislikes anyone who is involved with his daughter? Hard to know without more context on the situation. Advice? Don't push it. I think cooling it—as someone else mentioned—is wise advice. Back off and hopefully the dad's anger will defuse a little bit. (yes, that means holding off on banging his daughter. . . )

Honestly would break up with her. This relationship has very little promise. .

It isn't worth it.

You're 17. Focus more on school, future plans and self development, young adulthood, opportunities only afforded to only young people, education, etc...

He doesn't want his child to end up a teenage mother (not that he can stop it) and have her perhaps give up on her dreams. He doesn't want her too invested in any relationship or any body...he doesn't want her to lose focus.

Both of you are on the verge soon of graduating....

Don't get caught up.

This relationship isn't worth you or someone you care about being harmed or deleted

Chances are you will become a protective dad of a daughter one day. Then you will understand.
But he sounds over the top. He needs counselling. Lost control of his emotions.
I was always fearful of protective father's when I was dating.

"get some friends and come to my house to kill somebody."
This doesn’t sit right with me. I don’t think a father would say it like this anyway. They would just say “I’ll fvcking kill you if you come near my daughter again”. You’ve either misquoted him or you’re spinning the narrative. Sorry, it’s the dubious retired policeman and father of three in me that’s talking here. And “somebody”? Why “somebody”? Why not “you”? Nah, I’m not satisfied with this quote at all.

Latest posts

Back