Need your views on my principle in life.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan203

Reaction score
There is something I set as my principle in life, and keep telling myself every now and then. And I need your views on it:

"Life is too short to bother the people that don't matter in our life. Don't bother what they think of you, or even if they speak ill of you to others.
Cause those people who believe them without knowing us personally, are also not worth enough to get our time."

Also, ever since I've set this as my principle (not too long ago), I feel much better...perhaps! But I don't know it's good or not. Well yeah I know it's a good thing to not "worry" about what others think of you, because you'll always find someone who is against you, but what you think about not "bothering" them?

I agree with it , worrying about what others think of you is just not good , its like someone is saying why is that stupid dog waggling its tail ( you being the dog , not in a bad way ) . Don't let anyone ruin the way you think unless its actually bad for you and the person is trying to help. No one has the right to judge its a stupid way of thinking especially if somebody judges someone they don't know. I've struggled with worrying of what others think of me and it destroyed a good 4 years of my life for no reason , don't go down that road.
About the "not bothering with others " I also agree , some people are just not compatible with others , our beliefs , way of thinking etc attract certain people towards us. If you are the type of person that likes nature , to meditate and just lead a healthy life you automatically get out of the drunk , party bro circle. I usually don't bother with anybody anymore , too many disappointments in my life but every now and then I meet someone with who I make a strong connection. Just 2 months ago I made a new friend at college , were so alike that we immediately became friends and I enjoy every moment with that person , but I have friends that I know for a life time I could say ( more than 12 years ) and were so different that it's like we don't know each other at all.
So in short , live your life as you see fit and don't waste your nerves and time on people who don't deserve them , sooner or later you will find someone alike with whom to share your ideas , feelings and so on.

Masson said:
If you are the type of person that likes nature , to meditate and just lead a healthy life you automatically get out of the drunk , party bro circle.

That's so true. It's amazing how your post fits exactly on me! This is one of the major reasons I don't hang out with lots of people.

Ryan203 said:
Masson said:
If you are the type of person that likes nature , to meditate and just lead a healthy life you automatically get out of the drunk , party bro circle.

That's so true. It's amazing how your post fits exactly on me! This is one of the major reasons I don't hang out with lots of people.

Sounds like my neck of the woods.

I agree with you. Don't worry about what other people think about you I did this for decades one person in particular. I dwelled on it on a constant basis and I got to such a low point no self esteem, overdid it on the alcohol and keep wondering what is wrong with me? I wasted decades on this believe me from one who has lived throughit. It can consume your life.

Yeah you all are right. I'll think more on this, in my alone time :)
Thank you everyone :)

Latest posts

Back