Never Bothered by Loneliness?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AngryJohnny42 said:
I wish I could offer some assistance on how to deal with and move past it, but I haven't really figured it out myself at this point...I pretty much just muddle through and let time pass. I hope you are able to find something that works for you.

Thanks, AJ. It's pretty much what I've been doing myself too. Hope you'll get better soon.

ladyforsaken said:
AngryJohnny42 said:
I wish I could offer some assistance on how to deal with and move past it, but I haven't really figured it out myself at this point...I pretty much just muddle through and let time pass. I hope you are able to find something that works for you.

Thanks, AJ. It's pretty much what I've been doing myself too. Hope you'll get better soon.

I will...I don't really have a choice lol

Up to over a year ago, I was in this funk with depression and suicide ideation.

I still overall consider my life as lonely and pointless. A big part of that changed when I started taking a DHEA supplement (testosterone) on a daily basis. I'm not sure you as a woman would want to do this, as it causes facial hair growth. But I've heard of women using this stuff for bodybuilding purposes.

I found myself able to face situations I never used to. I guess essentially I 'grew some balls'..

We are social animals, it is programmed into our genes. There was an evolutionary advantage to this. Being on your own too much put you in a permanent state of 'fight or flight' - do you feel anxious/tense?

We all need human company, it is really very bad for you (or me) to spend too much time isolated. This is where the internet should be helping, but it does not.

When I first started to use the internet I used to use a chat site called gaydar. Now this was fantastic and seemed to have gone unnoticed. Basically the site had chat rooms by county or area. So there was this time when gay people in your area who went to gay bars and clubs would use this local chat room of an evening. I was able to connect and make friends with local people. It was a really great thing because you could just chat away in the room and sometimes people would take to you. The net is not like that now. It is all cold and distant, nihilistic and narcissistic. You must follow the crowd, individuality is not allowed.

A technology which should of bought us together seems to be driving us further apart.

We need stuff modeled on those early char rooms. The net should be about togetherness and unity and a place for everyone to connect, no one left out.

But I think you should take any opportunities you can think of to get people in your life.

Darrell_Licht said:
Up to over a year ago, I was in this funk with depression and suicide ideation.

I still overall consider my life as lonely and pointless. A big part of that changed when I started taking a DHEA supplement (testosterone) on a daily basis. I'm not sure you as a woman would want to do this, as it causes facial hair growth. But I've heard of women using this stuff for bodybuilding purposes.

I found myself able to face situations I never used to. I guess essentially I 'grew some balls'..

Interesting... I don't think I wanna take those things though. :s

cumulus.james said:
We are social animals, it is programmed into our genes. There was an evolutionary advantage to this. Being on your own too much put you in a permanent state of 'fight or flight' - do you feel anxious/tense?

We all need human company, it is really very bad for you (or me) to spend too much time isolated. This is where the internet should be helping, but it does not.

When I first started to use the internet I used to use a chat site called gaydar. Now this was fantastic and seemed to have gone unnoticed. Basically the site had chat rooms by county or area. So there was this time when gay people in your area who went to gay bars and clubs would use this local chat room of an evening. I was able to connect and make friends with local people. It was a really great thing because you could just chat away in the room and sometimes people would take to you. The net is not like that now. It is all cold and distant, nihilistic and narcissistic. You must follow the crowd, individuality is not allowed.

A technology which should of bought us together seems to be driving us further apart.

We need stuff modeled on those early char rooms. The net should be about togetherness and unity and a place for everyone to connect, no one left out.

But I think you should take any opportunities you can think of to get people in your life.

I used to not feel anxious when I'm on my own, I get anxious around people. I loved being on my own and always try to be on my own and decline when people wanna hang out with me (in real life). I think this is just the way I am, I was totally fine with it. It's just that recently, it seems to have bothered me and I've kinda reflected and thought through it and I'm getting back to how I was before, still a bit off now and then but I'm back to being the anti-social me and being cool with it, really.

Being alone doesn't bother me. I've always been more of a loner type.

Being lonely does bother me - especially when i had someone in my life, and it all fell apart because she was not the person she made herself out to be.

The greatest feeling in the world, for me: When I'd go to sleep, cuddling with her, and the next morning, waking up with her there beside me. I'd watch her sleep, then awake, with a smile for me. The spiritual energy and the love had more healing power to my body, mind and soul than any drug ever could hope to have. i never, ever felt better. And, at that time, we were living apart, not yet living together.

That's why being lonely sucks muchly, for me. Not being alone.
There is a big difference. Alone is not a synonym for being lonely.

^Yeah being alone =/= being lonely.

For me though, I felt both but it didn't bother me before.

ABM, I know what you mean there. It sucks.

Latest posts

Back