New and non-sulking.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elieser

Reaction score
Hello there! I just found this forum and spent about an hour lurking a bit, reacting to some of the very touching posts here.

I'm a habitual "forumite", but the sensitive subject of loneliness is not something I have been able to discuss elsewhere. In a way it feels too private to mention in the company of people who do not share the same, erm, affliction.

So who am I, then? I'm a Swedish fellow, single for the last eight years (and by single I mean monastary-style, chastity belt level single) and quite alone in the world. I have never been able to be very sociable, no doubt partly due to the fact that I spent my first twenty years or so in virtual isolation in the countryside, but these last couple of years have had me looking on in a sort of horrified amusement as the last of my off-and-on friends have just vanished into thin air for various - and very trivial - reasons.

The funny thing is that I never really minded being alone, but only as long as it was my own choice. Now that there isn't anyone left to hang out with even irregularly, it is, I must confess, a disconcerting feeling, one that gives me the impression that I'm at least halfway to becoming one of those weird old guys talking to themselves on the bus.

Well, that's my basic introduction, and I just want to add how great it is that there's a forum like this on the Internet.

Elieser.

glad to hear from a kindred spirit (I guess I do talk to my self wandering around the grocery store) don't be too disapointed if your cats dont laugh when you tell them jokes,

Welcome to the forum

Hey there and welcome to the forum! It's always good to see another Swede, there aren't too many of us around. :)

Stagnant said:
glad to hear from a kindred spirit (I guess I do talk to my self wandering around the grocery store) don't be too disapointed if your cats dont laugh when you tell them jokes,
Cats have a very nasty sense of humour, don't they? They'd sooner laugh if I fell down in the shower than if I presented them with a witticism. Not that I have any cats, unfortunately; it wouldn't be fair considering where I live.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

And imagine that: a forum that is not crawling with Swedes. Sort of unusual, actually.

Latest posts

Back