New here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DenverDave

Reaction score
Greetings. I've been diagnosed with SAD, dysthymia, and avoidant personality disorder, which have caused a lonely life. The resultant severe, chronic insomnia destroyed my career.

But I'm still trying! Anyway, I hope to get to know some of you here... maybe make a friend or two. :)

TheRealCallie said:
Welcome aboard, Dave :)

Hi there!

I just thought I'd swing by and say hello myself! My name is Stef and I'm currently not working either. I used to be an data analyst for a large multinational oil and gas company working in Holland but I guess you could say I have something similar to Avoidant Personality Disorder that caused me to avoid the very things I most wanted to do! I'm not sure it's very diagnosable here in the UK thou. It sounds strange, but avoid the things that are most important to you... but there you go... also makes it pretty tricky to make and keep friends! ;-)

So now I'm all bombed out and leaving back with my parents at 32 after many many years away. I have also been at university for almost 10 years but never quite completed an undergraduate degree due to said an 'imagined fear and avoidance' that most people would find very hard to relate to. The only thing I have ever been diagnosed with was ADHD and related chronic anxiety about 5 years ago. The problem has been as I get older it somehow becomes harder to manage that which has been the clanger in the works. I would also have very bad sleep disturbances (turning day into night sort of thing) but I find taking melatonin from my ADHD psychiastrist helps with that. My hobbies are Science, and things like growing orchids and fish keeping... amongst some more bizarre ones! :) What are yours? I guess everyone here must get good at entertaining themselves somehow... it would be interesting to hear how AvPD affects you if you were interested in chatting at any point.

Latest posts

Back