Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darbukanishi

Reaction score
Hi.

I just found out about this forum. I asked an AI for recommendations for something or other (I forgot what), and one of the recommendations was this site. Anyway, I love forums and interacting socially with others via writing. So, I'm mostly here to socialize, because it's a wilderness out there.

So, I notice a lot of you are lonely. I know the feeling. It's not fun (well, sometimes it is, but you'd really have to understand my psyche to understand that comment). My brain doesn't work the same way everyone else's does. (For instance, I enjoy being hungry and imagining that I'm eating food that people around me are eating; yes, I'd rather be eating it, usually, but there's still pleasure in imagination). I don't communicate the same way as other people: Other people seem more like essays in their presentation. I don't focus on a main idea; I focus on a collection of ideas that to me are related (but to you, they might not seem related). I have a main idea, but everything else can be abstractly related to it (rather than directly related). Anyway, by saying my brain doesn't work the same way, I'm not saying that I think there's something wrong with it. It's just different, and I like the difference, personally.

I've come to the conclusion that friends don't have to be people—or animals. They don't have to be physical entities. Friends can be anything you enjoy.

Welcome to the forum. Not sure I agree with your "friends" definition, as I see a friend as someone you can rely on, share ideas and thoughts with, spend meaningful times with and someone that accepts you. But that's me.

You can rely on anything. Whether or not you should rely on it is another matter. Same for sharing thoughts. Same for spending meaningful time with. If it doesn't reject you, that can be as good as acceptance.

A friend is someone who picks you up when you're down. A friend is fun and interesting. A friend is inspirational. A friend helps you to do the right thing. I still think anything can be a friend.

However, it's important to know that friendship is a two-way street. You have to play the part, too (even if your friend is a movie, or what-have-you). Just because you watch a movie and like it doesn't mean you've made friends with it.

Latest posts

Back