New Person.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koevash

Reaction score
Hi.

I have struggled with depression since my teen years. I've generally been a sociable person, but there has just always been a number of sad and defeating thoughts pervading my psyche. I'm 25 years old, and I've been a cop for over two years now. Last week I held a dying child. This job isolates me, and it doesn't help that I've had issues for a while now. I thought coming into this profession would make me a stronger person; however, I feel like I'm crumbling on a nightly basis.

So, that's me...or at least, that's why I'm depressed.

I'm here because I have no one to talk to, and that's the worst part.

Welcome to the forum. Wow a police officer, yeah that is a stressful job, does your station have counselors or something?

It is a State Police agency, so while they do offer counseling services, you have to drive across the state to headquarters to meet them. It's kind of a poorly designed system :/

Hey there, welcome to the forum.

I have a friend who is married to a police officer. It's not an easy job. I respect you for putting yourself in harm's way for our safety, you're a hero.

Hi and welcome to the forum. I can't imagine what you face with your job. I really hope you find what it is you need. This is a great place with great people :).

Hey welcome to the forum, hope you can find some people to talk with here, sorry you are having a tough time, its understandable, police have to find ways to cope with a lot of difficult things. Try to focus on the good parts of your job as much as possible. Hang in there.

It must be hard to deal every day with bad things happening to good people. I commend you for handling the personal sacrifices that come with your job. Things just happen you know? No one knows when their time is up, tomorrow is never for certain. So when someone dies, try to remember that it's part of life and depending on what you believe personally-it might not be the "end" of them for good. Some people are so sure there is nothing more, but that's like staring into a pitch dark room and saying they can see everything in there. No one really knows that for sure until they themselves die. The good news is that you seem like a deeply emotional and feeling person which is amazing. There are so many people who seem a little shallow and like other people's feelings don't affect them. This is not you, which makes you a valuable asset to the world. Please don't lose that, but try not to let that aspect of yourself hurt you either.

Hello. A person I know before taught me this phrase.... Plus est en vous. There is always more to you. So i hope at times when u feel you must pretend to be strong while you feel weak inside, you remember that there is more to you than what you may see in yourself. Sometime being strong doesnt mean you are naturally strong but that life calls you at certain times to stand up despite trembling knees and the fact that you are still standing is what makes you a strong person. Welcome to the forum and feel free to message me... As goes for everyone :)

Latest posts

Back