New to website and new to forums..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coolio

Reaction score
Hello everyone, came across this website in a google search and very glad I did! I'm new to the site and new to forums in general. So I decided to make a new thread just to check out how this all works :) I'm 27/female hailing from BC and just wondering if anyone has any tips or advice on how to engage with other members or start conversations etc although I know I'm trying to do that now, other than this I had no idea what I would ever post about. Or maybe you could just share your experience of using this site or say hi if you're a new member like me :)

Hi Coolio,the best tip on how to get to know people on here,is exactly what you have done,joined the site,and said hello,simple as that! :)

Just take some time your time,and you will soon settle in,and get to know everyone. :)

Hello and thanks for the reply :) I do have a question if you don't mind, what does the green number stating your reputation mean?

Also to (hopefully) future replies.. A bit about myself and interests. I am currently living in BC just arrived a month ago from ontario. I like gardening, not that I'm very good at it. I also enjoy learning new languages, currently studying French and ASL. Am also a beginner in Spanish. I like indie and pop music. I recently got into fitness/jogging and hope to join a soccer league once I build up my endurance. So if you enjoy any of those activities/interest or have complete opposite interests, I'd love to discuss any and all of them!

The green number(reputation),is used by people who add a (point),or rep,when they think you have done something they think warrent's a rep,or if you have offered good advice to someone,or anything really. Rep's are not that important,it's not how many you have,it's more important,what,or why you have been given them that counts. :)

Heya! Thanks for they reply chicka :) have you been a member long? How do you like the site? And any tips to someone new to BC?

Oh I just realized it shows when you became a member lol so nevermind that question. I'm assuming you've had a good experience with the site so far, as you're still a member.

Welcome to the site!

Mostly you get out as much as you are prepared to put in. For me personally, I took a few chances, private messaged a few people, and in one particular case made a truly great friend, who I speak to and have met in real life.

Hope you find what you are looking for.:D

Hi Coolio, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll settle in well. Just take your time and jump in on any post you feel comfy with. And don't forget - there's always the games forum. :)

Have a great weekend!

Anna Mouse

Haha honestly i always say coolio instead of cool. So it just popped in my head as I was trying to think of a name. I don't even listen to rap

gabriel20 said:
The green number(reputation),is used by people who add a (point),or rep,when they think you have done something they think warrent's a rep,or if you have offered good advice to someone,or anything really. Rep's are not that important,it's not how many you have,it's more important,what,or why you have been given them that counts. :)

Can anyone give you a rep point? Is that what the button between reply and report is? With the little green plus sign?

Coolio said:
Can anyone give you a rep point? Is that what the button between reply and report is? With the little green plus sign?

Yup that's the one. I wondered about it too when I first got here. Welcome to the forum btw Coolio :)

Latest posts

Back