New Year's Eve

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edamame721

Reaction score
So my New Year's Eve plan just got canceled last minute. I was supposed to attend a friend's birthday party but they couldn't make it into the city. I hadn't seen her in 6 months and I even have her present already gift-wrapped...I'm feeling pretty down.

Anyone have a fun way to spend the Eve alone? What are your plans?

I lived with my Mom, who was my best friend, and she passed away this past March. I am alone and have no friends in this area. I don't even care that I wasn't invited out because I'd decline because of all the drunk drivers. I am going to act as if it is any other night, and go to bed my regular time. It's going to be the last day of this year. Not anything important in my eyes.

I'm going to be with my mom, my aunt, and a girlfriend of my mom... Was hoping for my dad to come along with my brother but we says he can't make it because of his wife. It's pretty stupid that he can't come... he's just gonna stay in his house with my brother. Later on, we're gonna have a serious talk about this.

So I'm not thrilled about tomorrow... basically me and 3 old woman. Not that I don't like them or anything but is not much fun. Would have been a blast with my little brother... but dad's clearly being an ******* this time.

Volunteer for a service that drives partyers and their vehicles home. The one I'm driving for this year is donating the profits to a local women's shelter. Might need a drivers abstract though.

For some reason, i saw this thread and thought it was referring to EveWasFramed...

kay then

Lonely in BC said:
Volunteer for a service that drives partyers and their vehicles home. The one I'm driving for this year is donating the profits to a local women's shelter. Might need a drivers abstract though.

Pray tell how you are doing this with a busted foot

SophiaGrace said:
For some reason, i saw this thread and thought it was referring to EveWasFramed...

kay then

lol...

I'll do as I always do - spend time with my daughter. Maybe go see a movie with her if there are any kid's movies showing.

WishingWell said:
I am going to act as if it is any other night, and go to bed my regular time. It's going to be the last day of this year. Not anything important in my eyes.

Same here. I’m still living at the shelter where all the other staff go home around 5pm so it will be a case of making something to eat (aka: microwave meal for one), have a shower, perhaps read a little then off to bed. I’m determined not to watch all the fuss on television this year as I know that will only make me feel down.

Good Luck with 2013 folks!

SophiaGrace said:

kay then

Lonely in BC said:

Pray tell how you are doing this with a busted foot

Cast isn't wrapped around my toes SG- I've been driving my Civic (which is stick) with no issues.

I live with my family so someone will be home but I will probably feel alone since I'm not doing anything special with friends or anything. If it wasn't for me being somewhat of a night owl I'm sure I wouldn't even be awake for it.

I'll probably just watch a movie and drink apple cider out of a fancy cup.

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year :)

I'll be home alone(not for the first time on New Years, so I hope I'll be able to find a good movie or DVD, I usually point all the clocks away so I don't really know when it strikes midnight, it makes it easier some how lol

I was going to cook something fancy for my parents but I've fallen sick now :(. Reckon we'll order a pizza and watch a movie together.

I'm actually feeling a bit down too because one of my so called good friends dumped me for some other friends. We were supposed to go out but apparently my not wanting to get wasted makes me a boring companion on NYE :/

I'm drinking tea, eating chocolate and playing playstation in candlelight. :)

My plans include chugging some Benedryl and taking sleeping pills at about 10:30pm and hoping to sleep late tomorrow.

Was suppose to go to a friend's place but got stood up. Looks like I will be alone for New Years. DEbating whether to stay up till midnight and watch the ball drop via computer or just go to bed.

Going to Frikin and Gryphon's NYE party tonight, have whiskey neat all night, and find a lady to hang out with.

Well, at least the first two. The lady part won't happen.

I'm spending this New Year's eve alone - Looking after a friends' house/cat while they are on holiday in Cyprus. Thing is 2012 was the year i achieved the most in my life. Lived in Majorca, Nairobi, Tsavo Desert and Mombasa. Had the time of my life till a firearms incident meant I had to return to the UK at short notice. Then a massive overdose of benzodiazepines had me in hospital for three days. Just want to end it all but now have no pills left to go through with it. I did think about finding the keys to my friend's car that is in the garage here and sitting in it whilst it's running but i cannot find the keys anywhere. Now i am sat here watching Graham Norton on my own thinking where did it all go wrong?

Very sad times

(please note that I am going to make 2013 even better than 2012)

Latest posts

Back