No Need For A Name?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outlawstarl337

Reaction score
Whats the point of having a name when your alone. ever think of just not giving out your name any more beacuse you'll probly not see them people again or they'll just forget it?

A name is apart of who you are. You have it cos it should mean something to you.

I hear what your saying tho. If no one calls your name ever then whats the point in having one. Well that is a very interesting question?

**ponders**

I wonder if anyone else has any thoughts on this???

Your name...one of the things about you that makes you who you are...so when you hear your name you associate it with being you...no one can take that away from you.

Of course there are things we don't like about our names...I always know when I am in trouble...people use my full first name...and I hate it...but those people who know me well use my shortened first name.

Just think...my parents hoped I would be a girl cause I have two older brothers...so I should have been called Kate lol. Sorry if there are any Kate's out there lol.

You do need a name , dont say stuff like this , YOU are a person, YOU are an entiry, YOU do need a name!

Outlawstarl337 said:
ever think of just not giving out your name any more beacuse you'll probly not see them people again or they'll just forget it?

Ever think that by doing so your shooting yourself in the foot?

davechaos said:
Your name...one of the things about you that makes you who you are...so when you hear your name you associate it with being you...no one can take that away from you.

Of course there are things we don't like about our names...I always know when I am in trouble...people use my full first name...and I hate it...but those people who know me well use my shortened first name.

Just think...my parents hoped I would be a girl cause I have two older brothers...so I should have been called Kate lol. Sorry if there are any Kate's out there lol.

Yes kate :p But what if no one ever calls your name? What is the point of having a name when no one bothers to say it? This is what he was getting at I think.

Porman said:
Outlawstarl337 said:
ever think of just not giving out your name any more beacuse you'll probly not see them people again or they'll just forget it?

Ever think that by doing so your shooting yourself in the foot?

This true tho, you can't just not bother giving out your name are it well never change.

Outlawstarl337 said:
Whats the point of having a name when your alone. ever think of just not giving out your name any more beacuse you'll probly not see them people again or they'll just forget it?

It sounds like at least you have people to give your name to. Some people just aren't good at remembering names. Usually it is nothing personal. I don't remember names until the second time i hear it, probably because i am not sure if i will ever see the person again.

Even without people i find that all these forms you have to fill out require a name.

Bluey said:
davechaos said:

Yes kate :p But what if no one ever calls your name? What is the point of having a name when no one bothers to say it? This is what he was getting at I think.
Thats exactly what im getting at and the fact is for me i have as much of a connection to my birth given name as my xbox live account name because more people know me by that one. ohh and Outlawstarl337 is my xbox live account name.

it's funny i'm spending time being nostalgic again about thing i use to think and it's funny because i still wonder what's the point of my birth name no one ever use that name for me. i have more nick names then i remember and it's funny because it's soon after this post that i started getting called nick names more then my real name. more people know me as ginger or red head then my real name (i'm a red head aka ginger)

Is that the name Xbox picked for you? If so,you lucky,I got Elvislikestoast3, so I changed it to Longjohnbaldy.

If you're ever on C.O.D. Black Ops,you'll usually find me trying to fight off zombies,I could use some help!

xbox live didn't choose that name for me it took a lot of trys before i got a name i liked and i haven't been on xbox live for 2 years wish i had the money for it nowadays lol

Outlawstarl337 said:

Am I the only one who finds the sound of my own name odd when people say it like in a getting underwear for Christmas kinda way?

Like "a little more personal than I'm comfortable with" thing? Yea. It creeps me out when I answer the phone and omeone Ive never met asks for me by name:

"WHO ARE YOU? WHY DO YOU KNOW ME? ARE YOU WATCHING ME RIGHT NOW!?!" kinda deal

Latest posts

Back