No one cares

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You hit the nail on the head when it comes to no one cares. It is a dramatic statement but think of this and look at whom you have in your life with the following statement

When trouble comes in the front door, love goes out the window.

Most everyone in my life would fit this....does it mean they are bad people? Nope ...Is everyone like that? Nope...some find the exception to this rule and I congratulate them.

It does not mean you should shy away from everyone but knowledge about this gives your power. Think of it like lamenating a business card. It makes you impervious to certain conditions.

SO how do you break out of this spiral of feeling bad...do things for people...donate your time and abilities...help those in need...grow as a person for your sake...then if love or quality people come to you...Great....If not then you have done your part to make the world a better place

Good Luck and Happy Holidays

tuna_the_best said:
Thank you for the reply.

I'd like to create some new friendships but I'm quite isolated at the moment. My plan is to get a part time job, then take up some social activities. I think this is the way forward, I just find it diffcult to put into action because of my anxiety.

Yes, I don't understand how or why a friendship can be discarded so easily. If certain people were to get in contact with me again, I'm not sure I would return the favour. In fact I've been thinking of changing my number and email. I don't think this is me being bitter, I think their actions speak volumes.

This sounds pretty realistic and practical....a job and some social activities, yeah! Go for that and good luck to you!

Some new connections might make a good change for you. Dropping people by changing your number and e-mail though? I wouldn't do that....something could change for the better with them, but that's your call.

I'd like to hear from you again!

You're obviously in a bad place now and I sympathize

However, could part of this possibly have something to do with expectations? Did they really drop you or does it just feel like it?

It's just that most of my (male) friends are in relationships. We talk when we can, and occasionally meet up or go out for drinks, but most of time they have other responsibilities and that's just how it is. A good friend for years ... well, I haven't seem him in about 2 months. He has a wife and daughter, we'll catch up again when it's convenient and I don't really expect much more.

Maybe it's a gender thing. Young women in particular with close bonded friendships. When things change it probably feels similar to the loss of relationship.

Latest posts

Back