Not sure what to do anymore!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dslegends

Reaction score
Alright here is the deal, Im in my last semester of college and i really havent had a gf, I mean i have dated a few times but it never works out, until now i felt like i havent been able to meet a great person to be with and such. I got this one job back in the summer and started to fall for one of my managers which is younger than me. and of course the company rules are no fraternization between employees many between managers and other employees. Anyways, we text each other alot, we get our shifts changed so we can work with each other and always have a fun time at work. Im getting kinda tired of having to see her at work and stuff like that. Im to the point where I really would like to ask her out but I need the job at the same time. My head is spinning around like crazy everytime I talk to her. I really dont know any of the options that I could do. I would love to be able to hang out with her away from work and just have a good time that way, idk anymore any suggestions would help!

I don't know dude. That is a tough one. I would have to say that you should try and see if she feels the same way. Having a job is crucial but love kinda has a way of taking precedence. I would start looking for a job but until you can find one don't ask her. But none of that is necessary if she doesn't feel the same. How does she act around you? Girls are close to impossible for us guys to interpret. Maybe some girls could give you some tips. If she likes you but you can't find a job hold off, finish college, get a real job, and pursue it.

Sorry I can't be more help,
Aedammair

Finish college! You'll never get back to it if you quit. I think your schooling should take precedence over love if you're that close to graduating. That's what my older bro did...he was one semester away from graduating, and got married...had to leave college to support his new family (this happened like 3 years ago)....and he hasn't been back to school yet. He probably won't finish his degree until he's 30-40.

Yeah, love is good, but so is education. I say focus on schooling.

Aside from that, just go for it! Ask her if she's interested in you. Just straight up explain the situation to her...if she likes you, she'll be willing to work something out. She'll understand your situation, either way, I think.

----Steve

Well, I do plan on finishing school since i have already paid for the semester and books. and like you said Girls are close to impossible for us guys to interpret, and that is **** true. idk this girl is incredibly hard i guess, I would say that she knows already that if im not in a great mood she can put me in a good one, and pretty much same for her if shes in a bad mood she always seems to come out of it when we are a round each other. And to tell you the truth I have no clue on how I would go about straight up explaining the situation to her because I really dont want to make it weird at work, since we do work together alot.

fresia it ..go out or just hang out with her....
I mean...I shouldn't have sex on the hood of the car with my gf either..It never stopped us.
I shouldn't have brought my gf at the time (ex-wf) to my dorm room and had sex with her all the time..it never stopped us either.
Her parent told her she shouldn' be seeing me...it never stopped her from marrying me...

Yes..yes girls come and go..so dose fucken jobs.

I do understand that there can be conflict of interest involved with having relationships with co workers or people
that you have to work with...Jenni was my sales person...major, major conflicts of interest if we were to get together.
It was actaully a test of our relatioship..becuase I had to tell her "NO" on certain contracts no matter how emtionally
involved I was with her. She understood that..becuase she had to tell me "NO" on other contracts that wasn't profitable
to her no matter how emotionally involved she was with me. Yes, sometimes it was difficult. She and I work well together
and accomplished a lot together...It was still a relationship of honesty and trust at work and on a personal matter.
If I told her I would do something...I would do it. If I can't do it...then I'm not afriad to tell her I can't. If something went wrong
she had to inform me....no matter how bad the news was or it wasn't what I wanted to hear.
Trust...lots and lots of trust building.
We compermised and met each other halfway a lot...Our personal relationship had the same principle.

So bascailly the company that you work dosn't really turst you or repect you enough...to make adult discisions...
Being responsible...To whom is the question????

Havn't you heard of Rokcerfella's quote " I need workers not citizens".
Whatever BS a company can feed your mind to be a pond in their best interest...
wooo hoo...you're an employee of he month..good for you. You can a have vacation...when wer'e not bussied.lol
You're get one when we tell you...you can and when. STUF...or you'll get fire.
It's an employer's market at the moment becuase the econmy is messed...
Even if it wasn't...there' still a level of fear being enforced upon ya.
There's a certain amount of co-dependency relationship within an employer and employee...Becuase you become
dependent on that paycheck and there's control issues and manipulations at play.

Yes..eventaully i had to walk away from my job becuase it was cuasing conflicts in our relationship. Even though there
wasn't a written or regulation of not dating co-workers.
She's also aware enough that companies will let her go for whatever the fresia reasons too beside having feelings for me.

If you don't ask her..you'll kick yourself in the fucken head for years...
At least ask her and let her make her decisions. If you're afriad of asking her...you'll be afriad of doing other stuff in other aspect of your life.
After all that's one of most important principles in bussiness..Know what you want, go for it, make it happen, work through challegens or obstical..becuase it's not
always smooth sailing.
To thy ownself be true.

As you said in your post, you have dated other girls and they didn't work out. Would you be willing to risk losing your job in order to start a relationship with someone who might not work out? Do you need a girlfriend or your job more?

alright figured i would give some what of an update, since guys gave me some advice last. Well, i really havent told her that i like her but we do talk everyday now and no one else at work know. anyways i would say that she enjoys talking to me just about as much as i enjoy talking to her. Its a great feeling actually. Too bad we have to really try and keep it on the down low at work because we could get fired for it....course i think i would rather quit before she ever got fired!

Anyways there is my little update and thanks for some of the advice guys!!!

I'm glad you found some of our words helpful. :)

It's good to hear that things are looking up for ya! Awesome!

----Steve

Latest posts

Back