not understanding my question

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickey

Reaction score
I finally opened up to my father about the question that has been on my mind for the past two days. I don't do anything useful or productive with my vision. I don't do anything useful or productive at all. So why should I go through the rigors, and endure the distress, of cataract surgery? Wouldn't my life have exactly the same lack of value if I just let my eyes go blind?

He's not understanding my question and keeps answering different ones I didn't ask. I think he's scared and the question doesn't register.

I see my family doctor in about three hours, but he'll be an hour and a half behind schedule and won't have time for long discussions. I expect him to be brusque and dismissive. All I'll end up doing is apologizing for having wasted his time and walking out. And eventually going blind.

I'm feeling pretty bad right now.

The quality of your life could only get worse without your vision. You say you don't do anything productive right now, but some day maybe you will want to change that.

Sounds like you don't care either way. My question would be, why wouldn't you want to see? But if you don't care, I guess that's the answer.

While I understand your reluctance. I am quite familiar with the Canadian healthcare system, given I live there. I would say that in my opinion you have somethings in your life you enjoy. Which I believe is being on the computer for one. Sight is a wonderful useful thing we have as humans. Can you really say you would give up seeing a sunrise or a bird gracefully fly free through the air?

My mother just had her first cataract removed last Thursday. I took her there, yes there was some waiting till her time, but the surgery was rather quick being 15 mins. The smile on her face when she said I can see was well worth the minor inconvenience. She has popped out the one lens in her glasses and is like a small child noting all the little things that had been lacking in her sight for so long.She goes next month to have her other eye done and will only have to wear reading glasses no more prescription ones. She has eye drops to put in right now, but again a minor inconvenience for the clear gift of sight.

I hope you will reconsider your stance mickey and get the surgery done..Bright Blessings

I'm thinking about what everyone in this thread has said and am currently not clear on what my thoughts are. Thank you for replying and I'll be back after the appointment.

Latest posts

Back