Obscurity

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ctzn_Soldier

Reaction score
Obscurity: one that is obscure.
The quality or state of being obscure

Do the people in this forum feel like this? This is exactly how I feel. That antidepressant commercial where you just fade into the background.
I went to a therapist for awhile and he said I was depressed and gave me a bunch of pills and a bunch of conversations and it has not really helped. In thinking about it today it all boils down to just plain lonely.

All day long at work I am in demand and rarely have time to think about coming home to an empty house. It doesn't help that I have rooms I don't even go into but the sheer lack of human interaction is getting to me.

I'm not really a "joiner" and overcoming inertia is harder than I thought it would be. I'm trying to exercise or at least go for walks and that is a struggle. Often times I feel like succumbing to the emptiness of it all but I hang on hoping I'll turn a corner.

Do any of you just fall to pieces when you get home each day? Weekends are the worst.

I appreciate the interaction that I find in these forums, it makes it a bit easier to talk about it.

I feel you... i feel not as lonely as when i am in school because i see people compare when i am home... but when i go home i am so lonely... i never get to talk to 1 person in our household.. Plus i get bullied sometimes at school.. i am so miserable :(

I used to be wrost but went through that too after i started working again.
Yeah taking walks after work was a struggle but I made a commitment to myself.
Then i started attending support groups. It wasnt much of a social scene
but hey it was alot better than sitting at home being bored out of my freaken mind.
Started hanging out with a few people..going for coffee or dinner...stuff like that. Socializing N not isolating
It didnt happened over nite. i still felt i couldnt connect with anyone
for a while...but I was making progress.

Gradully I started dating again. It wasnt the greatest relationship in the
world...but i was making progress not perfection. I connected
with her and for the most part. I became close to her. We tried to make it work for the most part.
It was a little bit complicated. She had issues, i had issues...but couldnt never move forward or the relationship just
stayed at a certain level for many reasons. I saw her every night. it felt like we were married.
My friends said i might as well be married to her.lol
Anyways we broke up after trying to break up for like 3-4 months. We both got very attached to each other.

I'm in a relationship now. She was my HS sweet heart. I never thought
I be with her again. it's not perfect. We're making progress.
I actaully feel pretty happpy and at peace for the most part.
I love her very much and very much in love with her.

Just saying...i had to make changes in my life, take actions. Did stuff
that didn't always felt good or comfortiable all the time. Worked on myself and stuff like that too.
Yeah..cried a lot, called my sponsor a lot, luagh a lot, went creazy a lot, made lots of mistakes.

Jenni died prior of me signing up on this forum. I was very, very depressed and given up on life.
Her death put me into a tail spin. I was very close to her. I was in a total fog.

My life had changed..so dont give up. At the sametime...get out and doing something about it.
Do the best that you can..even if it's just taking baby steps or making small changes.
That's all I did. No magic pills...

If i can do it..you can do it.

I feel loneliest when I'm in a situation where there are people there but they ignore me (which is most of the time). I'm fine if it's just me (or at least I don't feel particularly alone). Maybe because I don't expect attention from others if they're not there. Also, I think, because I don't get that much time on my own so it becomes more precious as a result. But yes, I feel obscure in a way but I think the word 'irrelevant' works best for me but that's fine.

Do you think you're depressed because you're lonely or lonely because you're depressed?? I think it makes a difference which one comes first as to what you need to do to overcome it (if you can).

Take care *hugs*

I said:
I feel loneliest when I'm in a situation where there are people there but they ignore me (which is most of the time). I'm fine if it's just me (or at least I don't feel particularly alone). Maybe because I don't expect attention from others if they're not there. Also, I think, because I don't get that much time on my own so it becomes more precious as a result. But yes, I feel obscure in a way but I think the word 'irrelevant' works best for me but that's fine.

Do you think you're depressed because you're lonely or lonely because you're depressed?? I think it makes a difference which one comes first as to what you need to do to overcome it (if you can).

Take care *hugs*

I am depressed because I am lonely and I need personal human interaction. I do not know what will kick me in the rear to get out in the world. Part of me has quit and the part of me says try. I'm so messed up right now it's almost like I need a 'life coach' to help me through the rough parts.

I don't even know how I got to this point. I guess I have been on a silent downward slope for awhile now and everyone has abandoned me. I have 2 kids that never have time to see me. We're not fighting it's that they have their own lives.

My whole situation is maddening because I can see what must be done but it's out of my reach. I have trust issues along with fear of rejection and I don't want to go through all of that pain again. I know, no risk, no reward. I have learned what I don't want in another relationship and I won't just settle for someone - it never lasts.
cs

Perhaps you should start small, instead of thinking relationship. Try and find a small group that you can interact with, at least on a limited basis at first. Something centered around an interest that you have, so that you have a common bond and something to talk about without having to reveal anything personal about yourself (at least at first).

It's a thought anyway. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back