Official "Lonely Life Recent Game Happenings Thread"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LoneKiller said:
Picked up a used copy of "Star Ocean: The Second Story"(PS1) for $7.
I've played the psp port of the first one, loved it, still ain't finished it, but getting the second one too once I get the chance. :D
Sci-Fi said:
Currently playing RE6. Still on Leon's story but this game is one massive story. At first I thought each storyline would be a short game so it would play out like one standard game. It's a well put together game visually and the acting is pretty good. The AI is leaps and bounds above RE5, it hasn't accidentally died once though sometimes it can get ahead of you. The downside is the HUD interface and the button control interactions. Some of the "puzzles" are annoying to complete and give little room for error.

Zombie shark, scary as hell.
Played this a good few times with my sister recently, it's beast. :D

Also found Disgaea 2 recently, again. :D
So....many...levels... T-T

condemnedsoul666 said:
LoneKiller said:
Picked up a used copy of "Star Ocean: The Second Story"(PS1) for $7.
I've played the psp port of the first one, loved it, still ain't finished it, but getting the second one too once I get the chance. :D
Sci-Fi said:
Currently playing RE6. Still on Leon's story but this game is one massive story. At first I thought each storyline would be a short game so it would play out like one standard game. It's a well put together game visually and the acting is pretty good. The AI is leaps and bounds above RE5, it hasn't accidentally died once though sometimes it can get ahead of you. The downside is the HUD interface and the button control interactions. Some of the "puzzles" are annoying to complete and give little room for error.

Zombie shark, scary as hell.
Played this a good few times with my sister recently, it's beast. :D

Also found Disgaea 2 recently, again. :D
So....many...levels... T-T

Hi condemnedsoul. I believe that you can get it on E-Bay for like $40. Well worth the money. I paid $7 for my copy out of pure luck. I only had about $50 on me at the time, but would have easily shelled out $30 if that's what they were asking.

LoneKiller said:
Hi condemnedsoul. I believe that you can get it on E-Bay for like $40. Well worth the money. I paid $7 for my copy out of pure luck. I only had about $50 on me at the time, but would have easily shelled out $30 if that's what they were asking.
Yeah, I figured. :p 7 is pretty good for that, it's going for around £25 to £50 on ebay over here...had I had some money would bought it just there. xD
Ahh well, when the time comes I'll probably get the psp port of it instead. Cheaper, and all that. :p

Been looking to get some of the other Breath of fire games too, getting the first or second if I can find them cheap enough. :p My snes must feel so left out - I never play it. :club:

condemnedsoul666 said:
LoneKiller said:
Yeah, I figured. :p 7 is pretty good for that, it's going for around £25 to £50 on ebay over here...had I had some money would bought it just there. xD
Ahh well, when the time comes I'll probably get the psp port of it instead. Cheaper, and all that. :p

Been looking to get some of the other Breath of fire games too, getting the first or second if I can find them cheap enough. :p My snes must feel so left out - I never play it. :club:
The Breath Of Fire series is awesome!

LoneKiller said:
condemnedsoul666 said:
LoneKiller said:

I know. :D I've played through most of the third, it's beast. :D
That was like, a year ago, and is yet ANOTHER game I have to still finish...lol :club:

condemnedsoul666 said:
LoneKiller said:
condemnedsoul666 said:
LoneKiller said:

That was like, a year ago, and is yet ANOTHER game I have to still finish...lol :club:
You can play "BOF II" here in case you didn't know. Excellent game!

http://www.vizzed.com/playonlinegames/

LoneKiller said:
condemnedsoul666 said:
LoneKiller said:
condemnedsoul666 said:
LoneKiller said:

Hehe, actually I do. ;)
You've linked me there before. :cool:
But thanks for the relink, might play it a bit later before bed. :D

condemnedsoul666 said:
LoneKiller said:
condemnedsoul666 said:
LoneKiller said:
condemnedsoul666 said:

Hehe, actually I do. ;)
You've linked me there before. :cool:
But thanks for the relink, might play it a bit later before bed. :D
Have I? lol
Sorry about that.

Is anyone enjoying Sleeping Dogs? I just started playing but don't think I'll finish it the fight scenes are kind of boring.

Lost Drifter said:
Stick with it...I felt the same at first but as things progress it gets A LOT better.

Thanks LD, I was hoping someone would say that.

Played Raiderz stress test about a week ago, loved it, bugs, glitches, lag and all, lol, it was a stress test :p
Now I'm playing the Raiderz OBT, and of course they are still working out some bugs and glitches, but the lag is gone. :D I love this game! You have to check it out! It's free to play, so no excuses for not at least trying it. :) And no I don't work for them lol, I just love this game! They actually shut down servers for maintenance and won't be back up for 4 hours tonight, but OBT starting tomorrow is open and free to everyone. If anyone tries it, message me and let me know what you thought of it and if you will be playing. :)
My name in the game is: Aurora.

P.S. They aren't wiping characters after OBT You can keep your name and character if you want to. And yes I'm a big kid lol.

P.S.S. And right now I'm play Forsaken World as well, and it's free too.

My 8 year old bro just made my day today. As I was setting up "Chrono Trigger" in his laptop, I asked to him what he tought of old games and he said they were the best. I felt proud to have set a young mind towards the right path.

Felix said:
My 8 year old bro just made my day today. As I was setting up "Chrono Trigger" in his laptop, I asked to him what he tought of old games and he said they were the best. I felt proud to have set a young mind towards the right path.
I believe that many older titles are awesome. Today, it's all about graphics with most people.

Finished Chris's story in RE6, all I gotta say is wow what a dramatic ending. Also, got an achievement for not getting a scratch on the VTOL.

Sci-Fi said:
Finished Chris's story in RE6, all I gotta say is wow what a dramatic ending. Also, got an achievement for not getting a scratch on the VTOL.
Gratz! Speaking as a gamer, the satisfaction that comes with accomplishing goals like that is always nice.

Lilianna said:
Played Raiderz stress test about a week ago, loved it, bugs, glitches, lag and all, lol, it was a stress test :p
Now I'm playing the Raiderz OBT, and of course they are still working out some bugs and glitches, but the lag is gone. :D I love this game! You have to check it out! It's free to play, so no excuses for not at least trying it. :) And no I don't work for them lol, I just love this game! They actually shut down servers for maintenance and won't be back up for 4 hours tonight, but OBT starting tomorrow is open and free to everyone. If anyone tries it, message me and let me know what you thought of it and if you will be playing. :)
My name in the game is: Aurora.

P.S. They aren't wiping characters after OBT You can keep your name and character if you want to. And yes I'm a big kid lol.

P.S.S. And right now I'm play Forsaken World as well, and it's free too.

gonna try the OBT i'll be in the europe tough dunno which one you are...
name will be Frizzler probably

I really enjoy the lego games, and Lego Batman 2 Superheroes was a lot of fun, especially with being able to fly. The next game in the Lego franchise is Lord of the Rings. This game is irritating on so many levels, you'd think after 3 Star Wars games, 2 Indiana Jones, 2 Harry Potter, 2 Batman, and Pirates of the Caribbean they'd have the formula down pat. Hell no, LotR is full of bugs, sloppy mechanics and a horrible mapping system. Sure it looks pretty, has the voice acting first introduced with Lego Batman 2, and some neat weapons and skills but that doesn't make up for the game play.

First, I've never had so many glitches in a lego game, and ones I couldn't get out of except for having to quit the level and start all over again. The map system in Batman 2 was awesome, it was all on screen and easy to find what you were looking for. LotR doesn't fit all on the screen, even when you zoom out, and when you zoom out all you can really see are the map stones and missions, which are scatter all over middle earth. The rest of the markers are very difficult to discern between what they are. Plus some are so far out you wouldn't even know they are there. You are constantly zooming in and out to look at and move across the map quicker. The extras (cheats) are much more difficult to get and some of the quests you have to switch between day and night, which can only be done via a map stone, which always defaults to daytime. So if you hit the button on where you want to go without selecting the proper time of day you have to reactivate the map stone and wait for the game to load the area again. Not a horrible wait time but when you do this several times it gets annoying. Especially if you were on night time and warp to another area forgetting to make sure you still select night time. It should stay on whatever setting you had it on until you change it. Some characters and quests you need a key or crank to unlock a door, which are very difficult to find. Many times I was running all the way across middle earth after finding one.

The quests are fun, adding that element of finding items for people to get either mythiral blocks or red blocks is a nice new touch. Except it makes you go there twice, once to get the quest and again to return the item, unless you were lucky enough to already come across it. Problem with that is there is so much junk you can collect you easily forget who you have to deliver it back to, especially with the crappy map system. Another neat addition is the crafting, but just like the quests there is way too much junk. Some really fun interesting items that can give you some amusement but just too much. Who needs 6 freaking bows. There might be more, I'm actually not completely done the game yet. The only problem with crafting is that there is ONE blacksmith in middle earth. So thank god you can warp between map stones, so it is only annoying if the person you have to go back to is a bit far from one. Which there are a few.

I'd have to say LotR is the weakest game out of the entire Lego series, yet it's the newest. :rolleyes: It has some fun new elements but the bad overshadows them. The real fun I had out of the game was watching it unfold, because unlike most of the other games (except for the Batman ones which were not based on any media) I've seen the movies so I knew how the story would go. With LotR it was all new to me.

Latest posts

Back