Official "Lonely Life Recent Game Happenings Thread"

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. Sounds pretty **** frustrating. I get pissed off at games like "Final Fantasy". They a have a great system like the Materia from 7, then in 8 the junctioning. I did love the Triple Triad game in 8 because the cards could be used for stuff. Then 9 rolls around and changes the rules and the **** cards serve no **** purpose at all.

It's my belief that if a game has awesome features that everyone loves, keep them. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Recently started Just Cause 2. I played it back when it came out in 2010 and it was great. Now I own it :D

i started assassins creed 3. got to sequence 6. i like it but it feels slow getting started. i stopped and am back to playing mass effect 3 co-op. i think i am going to kind of slowly go for the mass effect banner for completing all mastery challenges. im about halfway there. wish the game would give me a few more characters i actually want to play with though. and the cerberus harrier. its the only weapon i REALLY want that i dont have.

Burned through 3 or 4 dukes within a year in a Sucession Crisis War in the Duchy of Meath in Crusader Kings II with in a year. They all got crippled in battle and all died at the age of 16 - 17 years. I was like Nooooo you where so young whyyyy. You did not even have time to marry.

My games have finally arrived!! I feel sooooo special!:D:D

1. Triple Play 2001: $2.52
2. Hot Shots Golf: $3.72
3. Bubble Bobble with Rainbow Islands: S17.68

All kidding aside. I've been looking for these titles for a while now. Half of the sites I went to I got this: "OUT OF STOCK". Very frustrating.

rsz_hotshotsgolfntscu1vc0_zpse56ae7a6.jpg
rsz_bubble_bobble_-_featuring_rainbow_islands_u_slus-00370-front-1_zps49242ea7.jpg
20249703-260x260-0-0_TriplePlay200120249703_zps6624a449.jpg

I finally managed to beat Angel of Purity on Nightmare in DoomRL. It was annoying, and took forever :/, almost longer than my Angel of 100 run.

I got these medals while I played, and a diamond badge or two:

Cyberdemon's Head
Aurora Medallion
UAC Star (gold cluster)
Explorer Badge
Conqueror Badge
Untouchable Cross
Angelic Badge
Hell Arena Pwnage Medal
Shambler's Head
Apostle Insignia

Started playing Guild Wars 2 a few days ago. Level 12 elementalist at this point and the game seems pretty good.

i started dead space 3 and i downloaded minecraft an my 360 and started that too. i also downloaded the new MP stuff for mass effect 3 and started playing that. i unlocked the awakened collector character... which is pretty **** awesome. cant wait til next week for the final SP DLC for mass effect 3. its awesome that they are giving players more time with characters from ME1 and ME2. taking wrex on a mission again will be great.

I dunno, lately I've turned my back on 99 Construction on RuneScape, pretty much the only game I half-play at any continual rate. I'm fairly close to "maxing" on that game, which means having every skill at the highest level (pretty much 99 except for one) and it's taken a while. I dunno what came over me, been saving up for these oak planks for a fair amount of time, pretty much just from daily work (collecting and selling stuff you can only grab once a day) so it's been slow. I sold all the planks in order to buy higher level combat gear despite the fact I didn't really need it, nor do I do any combat beyond quests on it. I'm still trying to understand it, lol.

As for console recent happenings, had a major GTAIV session where a hacker modder guy joined, and I managed to befriend him by flying a helicopter close to where he was jumping so he could jump over it, set up some cool images. Then a guy came out of nowhere and sticky bombed me dead, and suddenly the game became a hacker + me VS. everyone else game. Was quite fun, and he didn't seem to use any of the more bullshit mods where you can just be set on fire constantly, or teleport you miles into the air with no guns etc. Just a large gun battle, with randomly spawning colourful choppers etc. Then another hacker/modder joined, and must of used the crash glitch to kill the friendly hacker. Things got quiet, I drove around quite happily in my super speed infinite health Sultan RS..until I got teleported about 1000 miles into the air and outside of the city. No way could I get back after that, so I left.

That's about all my lame recent happenings, lol. Other than nailing a recent odd Xbox Live sale where I grabbed like 10 games at £2.69p each. They weren't exactly stellar games, but for the price it was too good to ignore.

YES!!

I must have a golden horseshoe up my ass. I just back from my niece's place where we were having my mother's birthday. My niece's boyfriend is a gamer. We started discussing retro games and such. I mentioned to him that my PS3 won't support PS2 titles.

He then says that he still has his old PS2 and doesn't use it anymore. He gave it to me free!! To be polite, I offered him $20. He refused kindly. It has Tekken Tag, 2 memory cards and 2 controllers!

SWEEEEEEEEET!!

Just had to share.

Not really sure if I'm supposed to warn "spoilers" or not, so yeah. spoilers, heh.

Finished LA Noire yesterday. Love that game so much, if only for driving around and smashing cars .-. But I have to say, the game kinda lost me when Phelps cheated on his wife. He was so straight-edge, vigilante, 100% hero material, and then BAM, he decides to cheat on his wife and not give a f***? What? WHY, PHELPS?
(I'm not exactly a gamer or whatever, I just like certain video games, so whatever)

i recently finished dead space 3 and FINALLY started playing dragon age 2. so far... not seeing why there was so much hate for this game. its pretty much the same as the first without the origins stories and with better graphics. not that i care about better graphics over gameplay, because i dont. but this is dragon age 2, not dragon age origins 2.

edgecrusher said:
i recently finished dead space 3 and FINALLY started playing dragon age 2. so far... not seeing why there was so much hate for this game. its pretty much the same as the first without the origins stories and with better graphics. not that i care about better graphics over gameplay, because i dont. but this is dragon age 2, not dragon age origins 2.

It's not the game people hate. It's Bioware. Their writing and character structure for each game they make is the same, they can't produce a game with current generation graphics (which is generally okay by me) and people like Jennifer Hepler - who stated the worse part of video games are the actual video game part of it, and pretty much wants to turn the games into movies..despite working in the VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY - generally tends to create a negative image for the company itself. It's why I won't play Dragonage or Mass Effect 3..

..nother example being how they force stuff like lesbian and gay relationships, and generally make characters feel empty and devoid of any actual character (first time you play a Bioware game it'll be awesome, then you'll begin to realise how it's always. the. same..) In Mass Effect 3, they actually put more time into developing the gay Shepard dialogue and romance scenes than anything else..I'm fine with homosexuality, but when it's obvious the company values it more than anything else simply to maintain a positive image..bad opinions start to flow.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Tr-e_e-/1331085844333.png?t=1331088522 this may help. Also; possible spoilers for Deus Ex, some crappy anime, and Mass Effect 3.

i guess thats why i dont mind. i love that formula for games. i would much rather have something like that where i am going to listen to every line of dialogue i can as opposed to just shooting/killing things 90% of the time. i like that they put the amount of time that they do into the characters and their dialogue. its sort of like an interactive story to me. ive seen no other games that really have that level of personal interaction with characters. i could see why someone whos playing it much more as it being a traditional game might not like it though. im just glad that someone like me that wants this type of storytelling has this option.

and now to address the thread topic, i just started bioshock infinite last night and will be playing it all day. anyone else getting it? i loved the first 2 games. ill miss the dark suspenseful corridors of the first 2 games but i suspect i will love infinite despite that.

Latest posts

Back