Our chat rooms, less activity..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldyoung

Reaction score
I've been kinda absent myself for a while, but have since made a return..

Sadly, it's not so crowded here anymore. Not so much talk. People leave quickly if they do show up.

:(

So, thought to encourage people to step by more often again. The chat rooms are what we make of them...

For those who don't know them, look in the top right corner. under the display of date and time.

You have to be logged in though.

I don't know.. I kinda prefer being on messenger chat (MSN or Skype) rather than on forum chat here. If anyone wants to join me there, don't be afraid to say - I don't bite. :p

I used to visit there once in a while, but i usually felt very out of place there. I came in, people were talking about stuff i either have no interest in or know nothing about, they either say hey or they don't, and yeah.

Nothing wrong with the people of course, it's me having limited stuff to talk about with strangers, something i need to learn. But yeah, that's why i kind of evade the chat rooms.

Rosebolt said:
I used to visit there once in a while, but i usually felt very out of place there. I came in, people were talking about stuff i either have no interest in or know nothing about, they either say hey or they don't, and yeah.

Nothing wrong with the people of course, it's me having limited stuff to talk about with strangers, something i need to learn. But yeah, that's why i kind of evade the chat rooms.

Yeah.. I kinda feel the same sometimes.

The chatroom - Load of honeysuckle. Too many smug, opinionated people in a big clique. I avoid at all costs.

I'd use it if it were on an IRC server. Showing my IT age here, eh? :p If an IRC channel sounds good I can show the staff how to install a Java applet on the server for those who aren't as technically savvy and how to manage an IRC channel.

CAS said:
The chatroom - Load of honeysuckle. Too many smug, opinionated people in a big clique. I avoid at all costs.
You were permanently banned from chat a LONG time ago. How do you know anything about the people who chat there now?

Dont know dont care. I wouldn't go back there anyway - banned or not.

It was ******* dire and I can't imagine its changed too much.

I pretty much agree with everything other's have said about the chat in this thread. I still check it out once every few months. Not much has changed. Though sometimes some people are ok in pm for a little bit. IRC would probably be better yeah, but I doubt many here even know how to use it.

Posted by CAS - Yesterday 11:40 PM

That's your personal and subjective opinion.. As for mine, I think we're all great. :shy:

Well, here's my experience with the chatroom.

My people skills are not too good, and my life is as boring as a stone's. So I've learnt to avoid putting myself in the line. Making sure I never 'disturb' or 'inconvenience' others. Thereby, I am not comfortable joining a chat room where you have to make noise, speak up and be 'cool and interesting', to have people to pick you up into their clique.

When I entered this chatroom, people in there (a thought goes to JJ), were quick to include me. Saying hi, etc. And at first I didn't say much, (not too interested in what was being said or not feeling I could contribute) but it was enough activity sometimes back then, that I could join in on the ongoing conversations, on and off... Soon enough I felt like I was part of it. Enough that I started welcoming newcomers too.

If there was no chatroom, and I wanted to talk to people, I could in theory send PMs to people on this forum, and beg for them to add me on some instant messenger service. Alternatively try to appear 'cool', and worthy of conversation. I don't like either option.

Also, sometimes there are people I wouldn't want to talk to, and sometimes you can't know that until after you've shared your email.

Chat room is great for me, who find it hard to force myself upon people. Therefore I'd like to see it active... :(

Well, if there are others that find this place valuable, (or newcomers who think such a place would be valuable to them) then yeah.. This was a call to you, to encourage you to come along. Or try to make the second chat active, if some of you want to start something anew, not feeling quite comfortable with us 'regulars'.

Dissident: Irc channel sounds cool to me. The current chat is a bit difficult to use on phones, but there are good apps for IRC I think.

Chatrooms are unhealthy in excess. Don't rely on them too much.

Dissident said:
Yeah, IRC is great because it's really just text. You don't need something super fancy to use it.

+1 for that.

I actually used IRC a lot, I even developed some neat client apps to use it, the protocol is pretty simple.

In terms of simplicity, it's about the best chat around - having said that, I too rarely use it nowadays.

Latest posts

Back