Our chat rooms, less activity..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dissident said:
My offer from the first page still stands. :cool:

Somehow I don't think it would catch on, considering there's an easier-to-access chat right here on the site. :-\

Dissident said:
Yeah, but... ads. And it looks really silly.

Some might say the ads pay for the convenience, and yes I'm not too keen on the UI myself, but it's designed like so many things these days; "modern", apparently. :p

Well I tried the Forum chats last night, it was pretty good, I may dare enter it again.

Can I set my chat name to 'The Great and Powerful Edward W' ?

talking about irc i made a nice script that sends other people's pms to me... It was hilarous getting conversations from complete strangers.

EveWasFramed said:
Lmao, yes, yes you can. :p

Good - I think I will then.

Nice chatting with you Eve, you seem fun, but I'm always a bit awed by your mighty mod powers...

EDIT - Although you did share some very personal info last night :D

Edward W said:
EveWasFramed said:

Nice chatting with you Eve, you seem fun, but I'm always a bit awed by your mighty mod powers...

Shhhh...what's said/done in chat, stays in chat.

lol :D

EveWasFramed said:
Edward W said:
EveWasFramed said:

Shhhh...what's said/done in chat, stays in chat.

lol :D

Ooops - sorry - Now I know the rulez...

The talk about alternative chat.. IRC, etc

I'm all for it personally, but think it belongs in it's own thread. Especially if someone will decide to do something about it.

That people want an alternative is a recurring topic, but no one has really done anything yet.

If someone comes saying: 'I made an IRC room for us! Just do ...instructions instructions....', I'm sure many would join in.

;)

Multiple persons have asked about IRC, and now dissident made a room for us..

Was just me and him for a long while. Then I had to leave... More people should try it out ;)

Would totally love irc as the main chat! But unless a link were added to it on the site it would fall into obscurity as this thread is eventually buried along with the link to it.

Mostly because I could use it mobile as well, the xat app is a piece of garbage.

Limlim said:
Would totally love irc as the main chat! But unless a link were added to it on the site it would fall into obscurity as this thread is eventually buried along with the link to it.

Mostly because I could use it mobile as well, the xat app is a piece of garbage.
Why don't they put irc chat up there next to main chat then? Good thing about that is I already use irc anyways so it would be no problem to just idle in #alonelylife while doing other things.

Mibbit is fairly quick to set up. Right now I have channel ownership but will gladly give it to whichever staff member is ready to take it after some IRC training.

Main problem with all of them is I found them empty. All but twice I've gone in there to talk to someone there's been no-one but me...

Was impressed today, so many people! ;)

To any newcomers who see this, try out chat. We don't bite..

Latest posts

Back