Oversleeping

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bouncing_Soul

Reaction score
Waking up is the hardest thing in the world for me. I suppose sleeping is a way of escape for me. I find I have no motivation or reason to get up. Maybe I just long for the peace only death can bring. I'm at the worst point in my life ever right now. I don't know whats going to become of me. I feel like I'm useless and just a burden to those around me. A waste of life. I feel like I'm wearing my depression like a badge. A raincloud over my head everyone can see.
I want to start waking up earlier but its so difficult for me to get my ass out of bed. I just wonder whats the point. I can't seem to find a job that would be fullfilling and I can't seem find a girl to save my life. If I had a gf at least I wouldn't mind working a honeysuckle job so much. I'm 24 and should be in the prime of my life. I have one goal and that is to get into a college next year for music industry arts. It seems so far away and I'm afraid by the time comes for me to apply I'll be in such horrible shape emotionally and mentally that I'll just be throwing my money away.
Is there anyone else that had problems waking up? What did you do about it? How does one find motivation?

I set two alarm clocks. Right now I've got a pleasant chime alarm that goes off with increasing frequency over a period of ten minutes. If that doesn't work, or if I turn off the first alarm, I've got a shrill digital alarm as a backup. Then I'll hit snooze once or twice, but I'll usually manage to get up.

In the movie Panic, Neve Campbell's character wakes up to a whole roomful of alarm clocks going off simultaneously. I bet if you're running around turning off alarms for long enough it would be impossible to get back to sleep.

Just having a job or set routine will help a lot. Of course it's hard to get up if you've got no responsibilities.

Having a job will increase the likelihood of getting the girl.

"Prime of my life" - whatever. I'm 29 and the prime of my life hasn't happened yet. Just keep working toward whatever your own personal Eden happens to be. What else have you got to be doing? Believe in what you dream of.

Guess that I can't say too much more; I don't know enough about why you're depressed. I motivate myself either by the things that bring me happiness or the things that make me bitter; depends on my mood.

set little goals....make little changes.

change anything in your routine.

set your alarm clock as always.
Get up and take a shower..have a up of coffee.

But after you get up...make yourself leave your house.
Go to the mall..the park , the libuary...anywhere except your house during the day.

Make yourself stay up.

Make yourself excersize.

Don't spend time in your bedroom or where you sleep. Only use your bedroom to sleep.

E-mail Zak...and talk to him about what he's allow to do as a 24 year old male...
He will give you a different perspective of your should or shouldn't ought to have or do...
It'll open up your mind and perhapse open doors for you.

luciddisconnect said:
I set two alarm clocks. Right now I've got a pleasant chime alarm that goes off with increasing frequency over a period of ten minutes. If that doesn't work, or if I turn off the first alarm, I've got a shrill digital alarm as a backup. Then I'll hit snooze once or twice, but I'll usually manage to get up.

In the movie Panic, Neve Campbell's character wakes up to a whole roomful of alarm clocks going off simultaneously. I bet if you're running around turning off alarms for long enough it would be impossible to get back to sleep.

Just having a job or set routine will help a lot. Of course it's hard to get up if you've got no responsibilities.

Having a job will increase the likelihood of getting the girl.

"Prime of my life" - whatever. I'm 29 and the prime of my life hasn't happened yet. Just keep working toward whatever your own personal Eden happens to be. What else have you got to be doing? Believe in what you dream of.

Guess that I can't say too much more; I don't know enough about why you're depressed. I motivate myself either by the things that bring me happiness or the things that make me bitter; depends on my mood.

More then one alarm clock.. simple idea yet but makes sense. *slaps head* I guess I could put my phone alarm on and put it accross the room so I have to get up to turn it off. Ultimatly its up to me to not go back to bed.
The main reason I'm depressed is because I recently lost my license which in turn cost me several good job prospects. The last date I went on ended up ditching me for another guy. She wasn't my type at all but I find it hard to get dates. I only have a couple of friends and they seem busy with their lives.

Lonesome Crow said:
set little goals....make little changes.

change anything in your routine.

set your alarm clock as always.
Get up and take a shower..have a up of coffee.

But after you get up...make yourself leave your house.
Go to the mall..the park , the libuary...anywhere except your house during the day.

Make yourself stay up.

Make yourself excersize.

Don't spend time in your bedroom or where you sleep. Only use your bedroom to sleep.

E-mail Zak...and talk to him about what he's allow to do as a 24 year old male...
He will give you a different perspective of your should or shouldn't ought to have or do...

Who is Zak?
I need to find some short term goals.
Leaving the house doesn't help.. Most of the time when I do stuff like that by myself I feel like a prize horses ass. When I go to mall I like to go to chapters because you can sit down there and read. Theres lots of girls that go there to read and theres times when I've really wanted to go talk to one but I'm not confident enough and don't know what to say. I don't even know if its an appropriate thing to do..
I feel like I'm bitching all of a sudden. Thanks for the help guys

Waking up is extremely hard for me to do - so hard that i failed out of college my first try and i got fired from a job because i over slept. Im on a break from school right now and i sleep in until 2 or 3pm and dont go to bed until sometimes 5am. I could sleep even longer. i can sleep for seventeen hours at a time easily. I have to start school on Monday and i know that first day is going to be brutal.

what gets me out of bed these days- i guess i just got tired of feeling like crap and feeling like a failure. i hate getting up and im in a bad mood, but i hate over sleeping and feeling like a failure more then i hate getting up. that wasnt always the case.

also, i try not to think much. sounds weird, i know, but i pick a goal and i try to ONLY think about that goal. my goal right now is to graduate. so the only things i let myself think about is what i have to do to graduate. any negative thoughts like im tired, i dont want to get up, i just ignore them. at this point in my life id rather be tired, grouchy, and have a degree, then stressed, depressed, not tired and have no degree.

Lonesome Crow said:

You Rocket of poopoo. When was the last time you emailed me? Or When did you ever email me? lol and I' not 24 I'm 23<-----

*hugs bouncing soul*

lol man ya i've always had this problem i have yet to find a solution

often times i'll accidentally set my alarm for pm instead of am

or i'll just keep pressing snooze and it eventually turns off
getting up for school was hell for me

not only just because i would be tired but because i really didn't like school much anymore

soo basically my method was get make up work and pray to god my teachers wouldn't drop me and oh thank god they didn't man my first hour teacher had the patience of a saint

so now that it's summer hell i just embrace it

besides i feel so much more productive in the middle of the night

so i've just been getting up at 2-3pm

and i just pray that i can get all my classes in the afternoon for college

oh *hopes hopes hopes*

i guess try not to worry about it too much and when you do eventually get up just make sure you do something productive and ya get out of the house like go to the bookstore and read a novel for free in a nice and comfy chair and get out for a bike ride go exploring and get some exercise

exercise is known to be just as an effective anti depressant as an over the counter job

plus it makes you feel like you did something productive and helps your self estem and your overall health

the hardest part of it is getting up and getting started, but a lot of times once you get started you won't want to stop

:)

Sanal said:
Lonesome Crow said:

You Rocket of poopoo. When was the last time you emailed me? Or When did you ever email me? lol and I' not 24 I'm 23<-----

the last time I got on MSN :p
Beside you're too bussy with your GF...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just keep going out and don't trip.
If you stay in bed you're going to get more depress and more dysfunctional. Dig a deeper hole.
I've been there...I isolate myself for almost a year.

There's not a silver bullet that's going to solve all your problems..but you gotta get out of the rut becuase
it's a visouse cycle.

Yes...my ex-gf left my ass just becuase I got laid off. Then I got totally dysfunctional and didn't renew
my driving licence feeling sorry for myself....She wrecked our lives with her drinking and gambling problems,
but I dug myself a fucken hole. For crying out loud..it only took me 15 mins to fill out a form.
But getting dysfunctional every little task seems imposible or pointless.

I still attend my support groups today even though i havn't drank in a long time...Heck there's chicks in there.
As a matter of fact one asked me for my phone # tonight. Healthier women..becuase I'm healther.
I didn't have to go to her. She came to me....chit chat or whatever.

Why of course...A crazy blonde, deep blue eyes with a perfect body...I still attract those type of women:p
I have a radar for them and they have a radar from me...lmao
That's another story..I'll explain that later...lol
It makes her bloode boil with adraline and she runs a fever just to be around me..let me put it that way...
I'm forbidden love...lmao

I still do alot of those actvities alone becuase I have better selfesteem and don't trip out.

It all started from the day Samba convience me to go freaken outside...
I had to go outside...get daylight and learn how to be around people again.
Then I started inneracting with people more and more...not just looking to get laid.

I work on myself. It didn't happened over night. The more i work on myself ..I more well i got.

yeah...adjusting or changing my body clock was a son of a gun.

I can't compair myself to anyone else.
What I think I should have or where I should be...that's what drives me fucken crazy.
I can't think like that anymore...I'm where I'm at, becuase i chose to be where I am at.
Beating up on myself didn't get me anywhere..
Blaming my ex-gf dosn't get me anywhere either.

My goal was to get another automoblie , save money return to school to complete my degree.
I went back to work but laid off again due to the ecomony...So i wasn't able to purhase a new automoblie
to make it eaier on me or for me to go in style...
My goal still remains the same...complete my degree.
I recently pruchased a used truck...it's gets me to piont A to piont B and it's still cool...not what I wanted,
but it serve my needs. I'm well enough to focus better. I'm eduating myself today even though I'm not attending
school. I read alot today, I'm grateful I can do this.

If I get into a relationship on my way there...that's cool...if not that's cool too.
I've been in relationships all my life...so there's a part of me that's not totally curious or feels like I'm missing anything.
I want a relationship with a woman of course...but i don't need one.

I feel like I am making progress in this department too or I'm going through a different stage now..with women.
The last 4-5 women i asked out withing the past 4-5 months ...I got rejeted, stood up or it didn't work out for whatever
reasons...Now this woman is asking me for my number or she wants to get to know me. Life changes becuase I changed.
And I'm not going to settle for less either...A woman needs to love me for who I am and not just beuase I have money
coming in...I've been there and don't that. Slave to the fucken grinde to get her whatever the fresia she wanted but it wasn't
never good enough..

Every women I've ever been with had never saved my life...they fresia it up more...lmao
Oki doki..the sugar coasted version...I have more fucken responsiblities..:p

Latest posts

Back