Pit stains

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theglasscell

Reaction score
I was just doing my laundry and noticed that all my newer white t-shirts still have stains in the pits. I don't know if that's from deodorant but it's really frustrating.

I use Oxy Clean and Clorox 2, nothing seems to help.

I hate having to keep throwing them out and buying new ones.

I just don't get what could be causing the stains, I use Right Guard and that keeps me from sweating and it dries instantly so I don't think it could be the Right Guard spray.

I never had this problem with white shirts when I was a kid.

theglasscell said:
I was just doing my laundry and noticed that all my newer white t-shirts still have stains in the pits. I don't know if that's from deodorant but it's really frustrating.

I use Oxy Clean and Clorox 2, nothing seems to help.

I hate having to keep throwing them out and buying new ones.

I just don't get what could be causing the stains, I use Right Guard and that keeps me from sweating and it dries instantly so I don't think it could be the Right Guard spray.

I never had this problem with white shirts when I was a kid.

It's the deodarent. Use white vinegar on the stains to get rid of them.

The reason you get these stains is because of the deodorant. Sweat is clear, so the stain comes from the product. You could be putting on too much. You also might not be giving it a chance to dry before you put on your shirt.

I'm sure I remember seeing a TV ad. for a deodourant which leaves no marks on clothes. Maybe you would find info about the product online?

Take your dryer sheet after you've used it and rub it against the stains. It gets them out pretty good.

Thanks for all the tips. I will try the white vinegar.

Does that work for coffee stains too?

I think the deodorant definitley causes the black stains. I got those on my favorite Donnas t-shirt, hopefully I can salvage it, it's been over a year since that got the stains, so they are pretty set in.

Latest posts

Back