Poker buddies

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sk66rc

Reaction score
I thought about posting this in "game" section but the way I see it, I guess it's more for actual games so I'll post this here in entertainment section...

I've made some references to playing poker in few threads & responses... And believe me, I'm no serious poker player... I'm more of casual player for entertainment purpose only & I try to stay out of people's way if they seem to take it too seriously for my taste... I guess I'm half way between "drunk & throwing chips around willy-nilly", aka donkeys & calling stations, & "bonafide professional" poker player... What's that make me? I have no clue...

Anybody else here semi-into playing poker? Any interesting poker stories? Bad beats? Any stories regarding playing poker?

I guess I'll start with mine... Few nights ago, I was in a tournament... I had bullets, pocket Aces... Blinds were $400/$800... I raised pre-flop to $3,500... A guy calls... Flop comes out 3 of diamond, k of spade, 5 of heart... I thought the guy called me with either cowboys or big slick, KK or AK... I push $9,500 & he goes all in... I'm sure he's got AK... Top pair-top kicker & trying to push me out... So I called... He's got AK of heart... Guess what happened? Turn comes out Q of heart, River comes 7 of heart... He flushed out... I read him perfect & still managed to lose the hand... Now that's a bad beat...

Latest posts

Back