Public Affection

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

ShybutHi

I was just wondering what people's view's are here about public affection. Afterall everyone is different and some people seems to be shy about showing their partner affection when others are around. I know people who seem completely opposed to any kind of affection if people are around, other's seem to be gnawing each other's face's off every second of the day.

I was just thinking about this because i know a couple who have been going out for about a year and just never ever show any kind of affection to each other at all and never have done even since they started going out.

Even though im shy I personally have no trouble showing affection to the woman im with every now and then even if there are people around. I dont mean snog their face off but just the little things like a hug or a kiss on the cheek or lips when my partner is not looking. ;)

What are your personal views on public affection?

Showing affection is fine with me, but when it gets to seriously sucking face and groping, I might have a problem with it.

I have no problem with it as long as--like Callie said--it's done in a tasteful way that is mindful of others who might be around. I think it's actually kind of heartwarming to see a couple in love, being affectionate with each other. Personally, I've always been a pretty "touchy" person, with my partners, with my friends, whomever...and so when I've got the hots for someone, it's hard for me to keep my hands off them. I don't think I could be with someone who wasn't into that.

So, I think it just depends on the person and the relationship. There are no hard and fast rules. Like most things with sexuality, it should be natural and not forced. And if you find yourself having to suppress yourself with your partner, it's time to have a talk with them about it.

As for me...My GF wants me to show lots and lots of public effections...
Like she's the bomb and i should be proud to be with her.

We'll hold hands, kiss or make out in stores...

At night clubs or bars..she's like all over me.
Sometimes we'll just make out like were in our own world.
Other times she'll sit on my lap facing me rubbing her tits
in my face as I'm boucning her up and down on as if were having sex.lmao

It's actaully child's play cuz sometimes we'll have sex in public.
sometimes shell even go down on me while I'm driving
during daylight and some people will notice.
It's like passion and excitment for her.
She's like "dude...you're with me".
She'll actaully get mad at me if i get embrassed then cut me off...
then I'm really screwed.lol

It depends on the woman

I don't mind PDA. But if they're practically eating each other's faces or almost giving each other full body massages in front of everyone, then it crosses into "FFS, get a room." territory.

I think this is one of those situations that falls under common sense.

Is it OK to kiss your girlfriend on the lips in public to say goodbye or something? Sure. But that kiss better not last more than 10 seconds (unless you're going to war). Because I don't fuckin' wanna see it, otherwise. lol

Seriously... it's not hard to know when you're being ******* annoying to everyone around you. Just... be aware of where you are when you engage in PDA. Like I said... it's not hard.

I am not a big fan of it. I find it embarrassing and unnecessary. I am very affectionate behind doors but there's simply no need to be all over each other in public. It's alright when you're in a club and drunk as it's a very common sight but elsewhere it's just inappropriate.

Latest posts

Back