Quickening the recovery?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pheenix

Reaction score
I've already scheduled a rigorous social-exposure marathon up ahead, and I am sure my shyness will evaporate in time, but I was just wondering, now that I AM going to a ton of social events to overcome my shyness, is there any way to speed up the process or something?

I have all the social skills and etc. I need, only shyness remains. So it's only if there is a way to speed up the shyness problem, not one of its symptoms.

Only thing I can think of, from my own experience: have someone you can deeply trust on your phone so you can call them and relate experiences/fears/hopes/get support. We all need support and fallback, plus another voice for advice and just to remind us that we're doing great. Your mom might be all you need for that.

I also remembered not to rush for me - its better to have something done right rather than quick; that and I had to prevent myself from actually getting panic attacks, which were very discouraging.

^This

Just don't push yourself too hard, go at a rate that you are comfortable with. Don't rush through it to get it over with quicker.

Greeaaaaaat. now i have to conquer my shyness to maintain my title as Awesome Bro of Bro Awesomeness.
Otherwise known as ABBA.

in my experience, i learned that you just have to go with the flow. if you're feeling tense, have a drink and loosen up, and just try to enjoy yourself as much as you can.

also, just be yourself. don't try and be something that you're not because that never works out.

... not the best advice :/ but i hope you can draw something from it.

take care and have fun!

Just dive in head first and talk to everyone you see. You dont have to enter conversations, or as Larry David would say have a 'stop and chat'. But if you walk through a crowded room just ask people as you walk past whether they're having a good day, and carry on about your business.

Just let go of your feelings of shyness.
Whatever lable you had labled that feeling...
Some term it FEAR

Identify or obseve that emotion as it arrrise .

You can simply do other actiities thats out of your comfortzone ....

Such as.... standing on your head in your front yard in fromt of the world. Obeserve the feelings and thoughts that runs through your head..
"i look like a fool. What will people think...etc..etc"

Its lrealatively the same feeling when you want to ask a chick out...
"she thinks Im a fool...what will people think of me if I get reject..etc..etc"

Feel and process your FEELINGS of fear.

You can google...overcoming fears...etc.

plenty of site and work books you can down load for free.

Fear is just another human emotions.

Different tactics to deal wiht fears...

You cast the feelings of fears aside.
Instead of reacting to your fears
you can respond to them

The more you feel your fears...the faster your mind and body will adjust...
Your simply make better decisions or respond better..

In other words....getting emotionallly mature

Most people dont take the time tto
get to know themselve...
Understand how thier minds and body function..

Your shyness is the symtom of your Fears?

Not understanding fears or miss using fear.?

Latest posts

Back