read all about it! read all about it! a cure for us all

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a female friend who took scaldingly hot showers and had definite depressive moments. Its definitely true, but doesn't really address the root concerns; furthermore, it seems like it could be dangerous, no? It definitely could be a form of at least subtle self-harm when taken to an extreme.

Awesome, the solution to all my problems, time to turn on the hot water and jump into the tub. :]

they said hot showers work as well, i need to go hot tubbin more often ten as well

:)

that's really cool :), and really true, in high school i would take suc nice long showers,

man typing has been getting arder since I lost the cap of my h key

evanescencefan91 said:
they said hot showers work as well, i need to go hot tubbin more often ten

It say "warm physical experiences were found to significantly reduce the distress of social exclusion, said the study published in the psychology journal Emotion."

It seems like jogging, hot summer days and quite a number of other things would qualify as warm physical experiences.

Those darn h keys.

evanescencefan91 said:
man typing has been getting arder since I lost the cap of my h key

Lol. Going to buy a new keyboard or do you have one of those pesky laptops where the keyboard is built right in?

Sex is a warm physical activity.

And it definitely makes me feel less concerned about social exclusion!!

PurpleDays said:
Sex is a warm physical activity.

And it definitely makes me feel less concerned about social exclusion!!

Yes, awesome! And as I read this, my boyfriend made a joke about putting a hot fast food bag against his balls, would that be a warm physical experience? XD All I have to do is walk outside for a warm physical experience, and it's still really stressful. This author is full of honeysuckle. XD

Such a large waste of water, no?

That's why I prefer showers... and thinking in the showers.

What a complete and massive load of Bravo Sierra. Hot bath? What do they suck these peoples' brains out before they let them publish?

Classic example of asking a fish to write an article about fire. -SY

well at least youll be squieky clean..

"They claim the association is hardwired into our brains from infancy -explaining why people seek comfort in hot drinks and soup."

bathing in soup does sound comforting though..

Latest posts

Back